Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PaulieGolding Sorry, not the guy  (Read 1928 times)
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:34:06 PM

So I have spent half my day now trying to catch up all these posts I've resorted to just copy pasting a response. i have my deepest sympathy for this guy and I'm trying to help out the best i can. my response is as follows:

So this was an interesting morning checking my mails to find all of this. I'd read just about as much as I could find on the matter and would like everyone to take a second to read this.

I'm not the guy, this is a case of a little misunderstood information leading everyone in the wrong direction.

The user has been infected with a Remote Admin Tool, a legal bit of software that has been used for malicious purposes so the attacker has been able to access the crypto funds.

The person who analysed the malware has seen a call to one of my domains, this is correct I was hosting some files for the developer of the remote admin tool (see more below). This has been incorrectly described as the "attack server" Today I have removed those files in order to slow down the attacker, though all he needs to to is upload a copy somewhere else. The files themselves are pertain to password recovery and are again totally legal.

The person who analysed the malware has seen a call to bnaf12[dot]no-ip[dot]biz This is the control server of the attacker. He is using a dynamic DNS service so he can change the location of his control server quickly. The last update to that domain points to an IP in Palestine.
OP mentions is places he has seen me "bragging" about the hack. This is not true and again misunderstood information. I have a keen interest in network security and a part of my job is ensuring servers a secure. Following the rule of keep your enemies closer I crafted a few identities that hang around the blackhat world in order to keep my finger on the pulse. The "bragging" in question is all smoke used to gain trust in these communities, I'll also mention that none of my identities concern themselves with financial fraud and there is no "bragging" anywhere close that subject matter. Simply a few posts claiming my user has "got a load of installs"

Some of you may wonder why I was hosting the files in the first place, this is simple. The developer was looking for a place to host them and asked if I would do it. I saw this as a great way to get an insight in how popular the tool was and collect some usage data. No information from an infected machine would be sent to me this all goes to the control server configured by the admin using the tool (or the attacker when used for malicious purposes)

The OP has contacted me via email and as of now I am awaiting his reply. I've offered to help him in any way I can to get his funds recovered.

Wow.Interesting case.

Never put all eggs in one basket OP.

I`ll never put 10000 USD of crypto currency into a single wallet.

Good luck with finding the real scammer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:49:09 PM

Some of you may wonder why I was hosting the files in the first place, this is simple. The developer was looking for a place to host them and asked if I would do it. I saw this as a great way to get an insight in how popular the tool was and collect some usage data. No information from an infected machine would be sent to me this all goes to the control server configured by the admin using the tool (or the attacker when used for malicious purposes)

The OP has contacted me via email and as of now I am awaiting his reply. I've offered to help him in any way I can to get his funds recovered.

So we come to the conclusion ,you must be having information about the developer.He seems more like your friend,out of all the places on the internet,he choose to host files on your server.I'm totally aware of RAT's and how they work.If he actually hosted on your server that's a smart move.You can help OP  by providing all the information about the developer.
@OP : Format your Computer before he empties other stuff and takes access of your personal data.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
PaulieGolding

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:28:44 PM

So we come to the conclusion ,you must be having information about the developer.He seems more like your friend,out of all the places on the internet,he choose to host files on your server.I'm totally aware of RAT's and how they work.If he actually hosted on your server that's a smart move.You can help OP  by providing all the information about the developer.
@OP : Format your Computer before he empties other stuff and takes access of your personal data.

Me and OP have exchanged a couple of emails and are trying to smooth this out, while also trying to get the actual attacker, I think there will be an update from OP later on
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:32:20 PM

Move this thread in scam accusations board...
here seems to be just a bit off topic... without specific name of a malware we can't understand how protect a laptop...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: