Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:38:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed Contest] Design a Bitcoin-based Bank Note (BitAurum Bit Note)  (Read 7499 times)
75RTUGA

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:48:31 PM

Thanks World! Wink

Deus abençoe o Bitcoin! Em nome do Pai, do Filho e... do gajo-que-inventou-os-bitcoins! Abençoem-me a mim: 1Hun42aWd3G8XfuLKRZWmYpvuRJyh5xvMi !!! P O K E R HOURLY F R E E R O L L :  https://nitrogensports.eu/r/354448 !!! Visit: https://bits2u.com/?ref=9790

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
75RTUGA

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 05:08:35 PM

Hi,
...I'm the person who designed the note posted by psy...
Thank you for the feedback about our work.
I understand we've been disqualified for not sending you the image by email, and that's absolutely fine.
But now I'm curious, doesn't the winner work have a backside as per the requirement? I would like to see it.
I would also like to know what is the meaning of the binary code around the image, because I can't decode it and I'm very curious to know it's meaning.
I also noticed one of your hard requirements was that the note author, if he so wished, could include his/her signature on the bottom right of the note backside, yet I'm seeing it on the bottom right of the frontside. Shouldn't that be also a reason for desqualification?

I really wish to understand your line of reasoning for the outcome of this contest.

75Rtuga

Deus abençoe o Bitcoin! Em nome do Pai, do Filho e... do gajo-que-inventou-os-bitcoins! Abençoem-me a mim: 1Hun42aWd3G8XfuLKRZWmYpvuRJyh5xvMi !!! P O K E R HOURLY F R E E R O L L :  https://nitrogensports.eu/r/354448 !!! Visit: https://bits2u.com/?ref=9790
BitAurum (OP)

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:36:13 PM

Hi,
...I'm the person who designed the note posted by psy...
Thank you for the feedback about our work.
I understand we've been disqualified for not sending you the image by email, and that's absolutely fine.
But now I'm curious, doesn't the winner work have a backside as per the requirement? I would like to see it.
I would also like to know what is the meaning of the binary code around the image, because I can't decode it and I'm very curious to know it's meaning.
I also noticed one of your hard requirements was that the note author, if he so wished, could include his/her signature on the bottom right of the note backside, yet I'm seeing it on the bottom right of the frontside. Shouldn't that be also a reason for desqualification?

I really wish to understand your line of reasoning for the outcome of this contest.

75Rtuga

Well, you didn't qualify in the first place, so there is no disqualification - I might have phrased that wrong. The problem is that once you create a challenge with equal rules for every participant, you have to stick to them. Consider giving you the 2nd place bending these in your favour, the right thing to do would have been completely ignoring it.
I was sore for a day or two because I would have preferred to have the winning design posted in this thread the moment I received it. It wasn't in the rules, so I couldn't force it. Bad for me, because a sore loser might call this "unfair" to the other contestants. In hindsight, it was quite in my interest though, because now I see what everyone is capable of.

About the other points: There is a backside (or maybe it's the frontside, so that the signatures are now on the backside?), it was made as per my requirements within the first week the challenge was put online. It still needs some refining, so I didn't post it, if you are interested then write me an email and I will send them to you. About my reasoning for choosing a winner: BitcoinLady showed that they were keen to win this. They produced several drafts, a 3d render of the SHA256-function, a novel idea for the denominator (which I didn't choose to implement, partially because they wanted a 2% interest in future earnings of bitnotes, which I am not up for because they will be mostly promotional for the first year or so...). Sure, the contest stated that you don't need a finished design to win, but not that I wouldn't merit the distance between what I have and what still needs to be done. My only concern now is that they will start charging me extra when they are 98% done, and I guess they are afraid that I might be moving the goalpost, which I will try to avoid.

Good thing we were disqualified. That way your "licensing" for designs posted in the tread is invalid and my company retains 100% of our design copyrights.

Thank you for playing!

You really shouldn't do that. Change the rules in hindsight, I mean. You didn't even have to accept them for entering: All you needed to do was specifying a different license when you posted the artwork. Still, to anyone getting inspiration from psy's design: Use a long pole if you want to touch it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:31:55 PM

Good thing we were disqualified. That way your "licensing" for designs posted in the tread is invalid and my company retains 100% of our design copyrights.

Thank you for playing!

You really shouldn't do that. Change the rules in hindsight, I mean. You didn't even have to accept them for entering: All you needed to do was specifying a different license when you posted the artwork. Still, to anyone getting inspiration from psy's design: Use a long pole if you want to touch it.

Until another license is given to the design, and that will only happen when she removes your logo, slogan, the binary with your company name and the Andreas image from it nobody should touch it even with a long pole.
When every reference to your company is out of the design, then the license will be changed and the design distributed as we see fit, which will most likely be with a very open license. I would risk to say much more open than the one you defined in the OP.
So, thank you very much for not even qualifying our work for your bounty. That settles everything.
75RTUGA

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 12:10:05 AM

Hello again!
…I wrote this message with google translator…sorry my english!... Tongue

You no need to remind myself that I didn´t win the contest. And yes,  My note and the note´s Acorn were disqualified because you said: "That only entries were sent to me by email Could be Considered by Which disqualifies the designs and psy acorn" Remember?!

Then you said: "I would have preferred to have the winning design posted in this thread the moment I received it", but you don´t prefer that, because you did the opposite, right?!
…you said "BitcoinLady Showed That They Were keen to win this" ... yes I really believe! Because happened to me exactly the same thing, only with the difference that I not sent the numerous drafts to you and just posted the final work minimally complete!

Logically you can´t know my dedication to this work , because you wasn´t beside me to see! And I didn´t bother you for private messages. If I knew in advance that could produce this note with your help - while telling me what you liked and disliked-  I'd do it... simple! Smiley

You made your choice and I don´t question it. I don´t know how the producers worked in winning note. They are them (´…and are to be congratulated!) And I am me.
Again I ask only the binary language ... what it means?! I'm curious to know!
And yes! I really like to see the back of the note ... if you can send me to this mail: tania_santos_rodrigues@hotmail.com - Thanks!
I wish success for yourself and for your note!
Regards,
75R

75RTUGA

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:40:20 PM

ok...no answer...  Undecided

aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 01:10:53 AM

I would like to re-use non-winning designs under a CC-SA or other open license, without copyright material.

I am willing to pay the original designers for their work, in BTC.

If anyone is willing to release their design under CC (replacing anything that is not suitably licensed with CC or public content), let me know. I am trying to figure out how to organize a bounty for the overall project, but there's good work here that can be used.

I will pay several BTC for the work already done, essentially.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
BitAurum (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:24:51 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2013, 12:41:47 AM by BitAurum

ok...no answer...
To 75RTUGA, the lady that tends to edit her messages: you were answered by email as requested.

Message-ID: <51465E48.4080401@bitaurum.eu>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 01:22:32 +0100
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.11) Gecko/20130111 Thunderbird/10.0.11
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: 75R rodrigues <tania_santos_rodrigues@hotmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: Final proposal
References: <op.wty4xhk8qjmw92@noname>
In-Reply-To: <op.wty4xhk8qjmw92@noname>
X-Forwarded-Message-Id: <op.wty4xhk8qjmw92@noname>
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
 boundary="------------010500080703050804040708"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Forwarding the final entry, as per your wish.

I value a healthy discussion, but anything regarding this contest should
better be discussed per email imho, as I don't see the public forum very
helpful at this time.

Cheers
Adrian

I clipped the rest of the message (forwarded mail, included designs). If you keep going on, I will post my postfix maillogs. Including hotmail server responses with checksums. Speak your mind, or don't speak. Don't tease. To everyone reading I recommend to avoid those people.

To aantontop:
The designs were meant to be CC-NC the moment they were put online within this thread, but you see what happens. Psy and 75RTUGA have "declared" their designs untouchable,
Until another license is given to the design, and that will only happen when she removes your logo, slogan, the binary with your company name and the Andreas image from it nobody should touch it even with a long pole.
When every reference to your company is out of the design, then the license will be changed and the design distributed as we see fit, which will most likely be with a very open license. I would risk to say much more open than the one you defined in the OP.
So, thank you very much for not even qualifying our work for your bounty. That settles everything.
so I recommend speaking to acorn, yucca and GGGGG instead.

I have found my artist and will not file any claims on the other designs posted here (mostly because I can't Tongue), but since by definition the public domain includes everyone, your designs will not be protected if they are clear derivatives of the art presented within this competition. Be aware of that.

That said: Just change the arrangement a bit, don't use the SHA256-graphic as a background or the byte-denominator and you will be untouchable, I reckon.
75RTUGA

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 06:58:23 PM

You're being nasty and don´t like discussions. All right! Smiley You Not yet realized that I am Portuguese and I have difficulty with English. But yeah! No problem! Wink I'll confirm the email's that should be in spam and ignore your antipathy.
Thank you for your availability and arrogance. LOVE IT!

75RTUGA

One More Thing: PSY is PSY... 75RTUGA is 75RTUGA! Tongue

BitAurum (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:32:46 PM

The designers kept their promise and put a lot of work into finishing the project the way I intended it to look. I suppose it was quite an effort for them since I can be a bit anal at some times, but from my perspective it was fun and very rewarding to work with Barbara and Mark. I will post the finished design once the complete concept is finished and the Bitnotes are up for sale. Until then, mostly to escape the looming scammer tag, I will post the Tx-ID of their payment (377c1c2e3b9bf19f63fde7a9a7fa4dc9db7d2911168cc3e404d36a9d855da541) and hope to see them confirm the receipt. Thanks again for everyone who participated. Bitcoin needs people like you!
BitcoinLady

Activity: 374

Prima Inter Pares

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:12:17 PM

We are happy to confirm, that we have received the bounty. It was a big pleasure to make this project and to cooperate with the owner of BitAurum.
 Sometimes he is pain in the ass but at the end he knows what he wants and knows also what aestethic means. Such client is a dream for every designer.
 Barbara and Mark Messer

BitcoinLady

Activity: 374

Prima Inter Pares

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 12:17:46 AM

Our final Bitnote-design Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: