Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 01:20:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need more proof-of-burn altcoins  (Read 1168 times)
Drekavac

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 04:35:34 PM

What can be direct competition for bitcoin? Anonymity, Fancy html5 wallets and in wallets trading bots or contracts, what else? Or to be honest we love to trade alts no matter what, to get more bitcoins..
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 04:51:33 PM

Counterparty did what you propose, nothing spectacular came out of it.

It's still holding, but it was probably a bad management or they were just unlucky.

However the methodology is still good in my opinion, at least it benefits bitcoin.

If only one altcoin implemented that proof of burn altcoins and it did not succeed then it's useless to set up one anymore developers tend to follow algorithm that can give them adopters and profit but I would like to consider this idea will do a research on this and watch this thread..

RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:12:08 PM

It's not about an economic attack on Bitcoin. Miners can be ordered by the government to shut down and will be unable to do anything about it.

A pool is made of many miners, not a farm. A pool IS a farm in the industrial scale mining environment.

They they will just ship the equipment to another country and resume. Not all farms can be shut down at the same time, and if they are located in different countries the harder it becomes.

Also the bitcoin network doesnt need the 3 mining farms, it can even operate with 1 miner. But just the more miners there are the safer it is.

But they wont do that, then the 51% attack is not viable unless you have the support of the bitcoin oligarchs, which they obviously wont get.

So bitcoin is really resilient from this point of view.

But this is getting a bit offtopic here.

freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 05:30:48 PM

It's not about an economic attack on Bitcoin. Miners can be ordered by the government to shut down and will be unable to do anything about it.

A pool is made of many miners, not a farm. A pool IS a farm in the industrial scale mining environment.

They they will just ship the equipment to another country and resume. Not all farms can be shut down at the same time, and if they are located in different countries the harder it becomes.

Also the bitcoin network doesnt need the 3 mining farms, it can even operate with 1 miner. But just the more miners there are the safer it is.

You're so funny, whatever.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:34:48 PM

Counterparty did what you propose, nothing spectacular came out of it.

It's still holding, but it was probably a bad management or they were just unlucky.

However the methodology is still good in my opinion, at least it benefits bitcoin.

If only one altcoin implemented that proof of burn altcoins and it did not succeed then it's useless to set up one anymore developers tend to follow algorithm that can give them adopters and profit but I would like to consider this idea will do a research on this and watch this thread..

It's not the Proof of burn that it failed. It was just 1 indivudual currency.

Developers dont like POB because they like to steal bitcoin, but actually the POB would be the best and most transparent approach, and the community should demand this.

If I was ever going to create an altcoin, i`d use POB.

BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 11:38:12 PM

BARR has burned $30,000 worth of altcoins and accomplished huge changes across 10 different blockchains.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 03:25:25 AM

BARR has burned $30,000 worth of altcoins and accomplished huge changes across 10 different blockchains.
This is the only one of it's kind now and I believe if their are at least 5 burn of proof coins many altcoins will be burned and it will reduced these altcoins but unfortunately only this coin is the one existing..

BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 04:42:49 PM

This is the only one of it's kind now and I believe if their are at least 5 burn of proof coins many altcoins will be burned and it will reduced these altcoins but unfortunately only this coin is the one existing..

It's a good start.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 05:22:20 PM

I gave CUBE away for free by forum rank and it burns coins via negative staking for not following rules

Seems perfect for you

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: