Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terracoin Price Recovering on BTC-e  (Read 4091 times)
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:19:01 AM

I'd like to see one of the sites like dustcoin offer an option to show average difficulty over a past time period instead of just current difficulty. Or maybe graph the profitability over time. Then we could make more informed decisions. Smiley

Edit: Right now we're at minimum difficulty again and dustcoin says 600% profit level. Personally I'm mining TRC coins effectively solo, I'm testing a new pool I'm working on. Have found a couple coins the past couple days though, so I don't feel I'm wasting my time with my single GPU, lol. And a 20 coin block turns into a few dollars on BTC-E. Generally, I sell all coins as I mine them. I'm much more interested in mining/pooling than currency speculation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trommie

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:35:41 AM

Edit: Right now we're at minimum difficulty again and dustcoin says 600% profit level. Personally I'm mining TRC coins effectively solo, I'm testing a new pool I'm working on. Have found a couple coins the past couple days though, so I don't feel I'm wasting my time with my single GPU, lol. And a 20 coin block turns into a few dollars on BTC-E. Generally, I sell all coins as I mine them. I'm much more interested in mining/pooling than currency speculation.

Great to see "working class miners" out there still. In my opinion using coins is the only way a currency is going to work. People hoarding coins only work to weaken the coins longterm  prospects, sure they may make some personal gain but at the expense of the coin actually gaining real use.

I'm like you in that i mine and then either buy something with the coin or trade it. i cash enough coins into GBP to pay my electric bill and what is left over I try to buy something with or save it up so I can buy stuff later. My long term savings are at most 5% of what I've mined.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:49:09 AM

I'd like to see one of the sites like dustcoin offer an option to show average difficulty over a past time period instead of just current difficulty. Or maybe graph the profitability over time. Then we could make more informed decisions. Smiley

Dustcoin shows something diff for trc every 30 mins. Now neg. Now this is due to bouncing diff... But it sure does not instill confidence in me to switch from nvc, at the moment, to it.
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:54:48 AM

Dustcoin shows something diff for trc every 30 mins. Now neg. Now this is due to bouncing diff... But it sure does not instill confidence in me to switch from nvc, at the moment, to it.

Understood. Just got another block though so I'm happy. Smiley At 50K difficulty I won't find anything, but the next time it drops to 6K or lower I might.
spacegoat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:13:26 AM

i have a feeling we're going to see a major price increase. it was just at 0.014 with its asic induced lag, and with the fix i think it may sustain .02 because that is where it was heading before the fiasco

yeah baby yeah
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:17:41 AM

I'm sure whomever has the ASIC continues to relentlessly profit from all this.

more or less retired.
spacegoat

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:32:08 AM

I'm sure whomever has the ASIC continues to relentlessly profit from all this.

it looks like he had a window to mine a bunch,
 but now, I don't think I've seen very many 10-blocks-a-minute runs in a few days...
really since 103591

hopefully it is being redistributed well now.

the block find rate is a bit fast though IMO

I don't mind a 20-30 minute confirmation.  but  maybe fast confirmations will make terracoin unique I don't know.  this has been a learning experience that's for sure

yeah baby yeah
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 10:54:59 AM

If you consider the amount of coins in circulation, just over 2 million in total, price on BTC-E is still low.
I bought a shitload of them, feels like a good investment Smiley
spacegoat

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:51:44 PM

true, the rarity of TRC was always appealing to me.  simple supply demand numbers make it look real nice, but nonetheless, investors and interest still need to be had in the coin...  otherwise 2 million is alot

what terracoin really needs is some kind of application, or some merchant that will take terracoin.  terracoin road, or something of that sort.  preferably not in illegal goods. 

the illegal goods thing sort of turns alot of people off these cryptos.  if they could just be appealing in some other fashion that would be great... 

like chinese slave road.  oh wait that's illegal isn't it.  chinese endentured servant road? 

yeah baby yeah
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: