Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you trust stuff like Hashocean?  (Read 2456 times)
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:09:20 AM

Nope, you will always lose with cloud mining. Just think about it for a minute...if you had a bunch of mining gear why sell it for less than it can earn by running it? Pretty much every single cloud mining operation was either a ponzi or simply failed. Never invest into them...if it looks too good to be true then it is.

I know is a ponzi... but some people has made money with hashocean and posted proof. The question is when to cash out and leave before the collapse happens.

I have just found this calculator thingy:

https://hashocean.com/repayment/

The interesting part is that no matter how much you invest, there seems to be a cap and 2-3 months is always the time to wait for the return of investment to happen. So im guessing this may collapse during the halving... we will see.

Congrats to everyone that has been on hashocean and has made money already, but I don't think I will take the risk to be honest.

Well if you are ok with taking the risk and having the chance to lose you your money, then go for it. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:16:59 AM

I would not expect to make a lot of return at cloud mining sites if any and would be happy to break even and get a slight profit in any case. I have invested before on CEX.io and I noticed that their pricing was adjusted in such a way to make profit off you because the increasing difficulty was not factored in the package. So the pricing and the projected earnings are misleading because the yield will be different in a real world scenario when we account for the difficulty and the changes in price. If I were you I would just sit on these Bitcoins for a few more months and see where the price would be after the halving because it would be possible to sell for 100% profit easily and it would be more profitable than buying imaginary hashing power.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:26:41 AM

From my experience, the answer is no, most of them are scam and the return profit is low, and nowsday cloud mining is difficult to earn profit and the risk is big
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:51:10 AM

It is your pick at the end of the day whether you will invest on Hashocean or not. I have put some into it and tested their services, so far so good but i haven't reach my ROI. I'll reach it by June if i remember. In my opinion, I think you're too late to invest in Hashocean, halving is approaching and there is a possibility that it will close soon. ( I am late also i think. *fingers-crossed to reach my ROI* )
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:58:40 AM

After all that has happened to me when it comes to investing, I would not trust any investment sites again. I've joined a lot of HYIPs and most of them ended up as a scam. I chose to invest in HYIPs instead of cloud mining because you can get your ROI in a shorter period of time. The thing is, they didn't even reach that ROI time. After getting some investors, they just runaway.

Cloud mining promises ROI after months or maybe even years. That's plenty of time for them to gather investors. Better invest in other bitcoin stuffs, like buying something and make money out of it than trusting some ponzi website out there.

There's a chance for you to actually get profit from HYIPs. It's when you invested a decent amount at an early date. If their website runs more than the time for you to get your ROI, then you'll earn from it. If the website is running for months already, and some people are starting to report pending withdrawals, then don't invest anymore.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:08:05 AM

Cloud mining, whether they are legit or not, is unprofitable.

For example, even if Genesis Mining is legit, I still did not make 1/4 of my ROI back, after at least 3 or 4 months. And the difficulty just keeps increasing... It's impossible to profit, especially with the upcoming halving.

Hashocean has a high probability of being a ponzi scheme. That means it's doomed to collapse. It might have good return rates, but you risk your money being stolen by the owner.
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:08:22 AM

From my experience, do not trust any cloud mining,I had two very bad experience with them, I will not name them, but they were all very famous in this board.
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:21:37 AM

In no case can not to invest in the cloud Mining! This fraud, Ponzi.
Although hashocean existed for more than a year and regularly pays, you still need to be careful and be alert to the possibility that one day they will run away with your money. Everyday reviews of hashocean can read here https://bitmakler.com/hashocean___cloudmining#comments
Lnh1984

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:41:11 AM

Although I am far from versed in anything to do with bitcoin because as my membership states I'm a newbie. But even I'd say hell no. I'd say you would make more money selling Kirby vacuums(by the way I love my kirby{God I sound old}) but I'm sure there are a lot of legit sites BUT weather your investment pays you is another story. And for every legit site there is or of probably a thousand scam sites. 
Novep

Activity: 332

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:46:37 AM

Im thinking about ways to put some of my bitcoins to generate some passive income instead of just sitting there for a decade. Ive seen a lot of talking about making gains with hashocean, but it takes about 2 to 3 months for return of investment to be made, and beyond those 2 to 3 months you start making gains. Of course, who knows if hashocean will be operative in not 2 to 3 month, but tomorrow...
Do not ever trust those cloud mining sites. They may have been payed a lot of users before but still they have risks involved. As tey are only another form of hyip. Ventually if they feel like running away with peoples money, they will.

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
Where DAO Unicorns are born
|
1st Bitcoin & Ethereum DAO for DAOs
1st Decentralized Chatbot to Smart Contracts Interaction System

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:49:08 AM

the thing about cloudmining is that you can not earn a good profit from it and also pay your investors as a company. also the amount of maintenance fee and also the difficulty which is rising over time makes the amount that is returned from your investment a very small amount and it will take a very long time to even get back your initial amount let alone make profit!

and all of this is only true if the cloudmining company is not a Ponzi scheme!

Only Bitcoin
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:49:27 AM

I think holding Bitcoin is an investment in itself because there is a high chance that you could profit by an increase in the price of Bitcoin which is very likely to happen. Relying on cloud mining services to give you any profits in months is risky because their pricing and profitability estimates will not be accurate in the future.

yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:49:51 AM

Im thinking about ways to put some of my bitcoins to generate some passive income instead of just sitting there for a decade. Ive seen a lot of talking about making gains with hashocean, but it takes about 2 to 3 months for return of investment to be made, and beyond those 2 to 3 months you start making gains. Of course, who knows if hashocean will be operative in not 2 to 3 month, but tomorrow...
seem very trusted and make me sure that hashocean really good and legit,also my friend told me to invest there. but i think we should considera bout long time investement,its like gambling,we dont know until when this site can give us profit,so if you interest to invest i just suggest you to invest for short term.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:54:02 AM

"Investing" in sites like Hashocean is just like gambling, you might make back your money if more suckers are lured in and can help pay your initial investing. Sites that pay out 1% of your investment on a daily basis is not a proof of any mining. They are most likely running some kind of fractional BTC scam, collecting funds and one day *poof*
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:57:58 AM

Sometimes the hardest thing to do in investing is just sitting still and doing nothing.  Being patient. 

The more you try to do with your bitcoin, the more likely you are to lose money--especially with cloud mining, as others have said.   Just sit still and quiet.
Agreed. I'll have to charge this experience when I was still active in trading stocks. Many times, I tried to earn quick bucks, and sell stocks that could have gone higher, had I waited a little longer. Investments like these can test your patience and it is up to you how much you earn with what amount of patience you have. The same principle applies for most any kind of investment in my opinion.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:59:56 AM

I've been hearing a lot about hashocean and if site is paying that doesn't mean they are legit and they will not scam anyone. I've seen ore-mine.org fold out and run away, same with cloudminr.io and this scrypt.cc who continues to scam people. One rule of thumb if the site paying a lot then why is it that not everyone in this world investing in that site if that is the answer worlds problem.
Lnh1984

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:15:54 AM

This totally reminds me of those hand written signs off freeway exits that say something to the effect of " make $80,000 a year!!!!!! No investment, paid traing"   course their hand writing is super classy as well
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:06:50 PM

I've been hearing a lot about hashocean and if site is paying that doesn't mean they are legit and they will not scam anyone. I've seen ore-mine.org fold out and run away, same with cloudminr.io and this scrypt.cc who continues to scam people. One rule of thumb if the site paying a lot then why is it that not everyone in this world investing in that site if that is the answer worlds problem.
I somehow agree with your statement (if I understood it correctly). If a site is paying, then everyone should invest in it, right? In a way, it's good. But the bad side is that if the owners are scammers, they'd first proceed to function normally, pay on time, build up reputation and wait for everyone to invest in their program. When they get 'enough' investors, they run away. Pretty much like a ponzi scheme.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:24:38 PM

I know is a ponzi... but some people has made money with hashocean and posted proof. The question is when to cash out and leave before the collapse happens.

What you do is gambling, not investing. If you want to gamble, there are far easier ways to do that without the waiting. But maybe you want to invest in a cloudmining ponzi, because the negative feedback (loss of funds) is delayed some time, during which you can enjoy the illusion of being smarter than all others generating a big surplus...?

Also, I don't understand why you ask if one can trust the company, if you already know it's a ponzi.

If you want to earn more Bitcoin, the easiest way to do it is the same as earning money in real life. Try to do something useful that is paid for.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:54:20 PM

Why don't you just send me all your bitcoins and let me kick you in the nuts. You'll be broke either way but you'll remember me longer than Hashocean.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: