Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:07:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative voting systems  (Read 1359 times)
Topazan (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 05:32:51 AM

To oversimplify a frequently-debated topic: it's a lot cheaper to bribe one politician than to bribe all their constituents, and the latter might not be so bad anyways.
Well, if it's frequently debated, then I'll not get us bogged down in it, but I wouldn't expect them to try to bribe their constituents, rather to misinform and deceive them.

Save the last bitcoin for me!
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 05:32:20 PM

To oversimplify a frequently-debated topic: it's a lot cheaper to bribe one politician than to bribe all their constituents, and the latter might not be so bad anyways.
Well, if it's frequently debated, then I'll not get us bogged down in it, but I wouldn't expect them to try to bribe their constituents, rather to misinform and deceive them.
And the amount of deception/bribery/threats (let's just say "noise") is reduced by a representative layer? Do you think it would help to add more layers - representatives who elect representatives who elect representatives? If not, why just one layer?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: