Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brainvita, a board game for the brainy  (Read 304 times)
boboniera (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 12:05:08 AM

Brainvita, also called Peg Solitaire, is a single person board game. It involves moving marbles from one position to another position on the board according to rules. The objective is to have as few marbles as possible at the end of the game.

The board consists of holes(positions) which can hold marbles. All positions, except one, have marbles placed in them at the start of the game. A valid move for a marble is moving it from its position to an empty position(which is two positions away, horizontally or vertically) by jumping over a non-empty position. The marble in the 'jumped' position is removed from the board. The game ends when there is no valid move possible.

The objective is to move marbles such that at the end of the game, there are as few marbles as possible. A single marble is a perfect result.

Play Brainvita online, now!

http://timepass.appb.in/brainvita.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:00:26 AM

I remember playing this in the late 70's on an actual board. After a few tries I was able to devise a strategy to beat it, then got bored with the game, even after I soon figured out to have the last remaining marble in the center. Sadly, I don't remember how it's done and would take me several hours to repeat the feats I've accomplished back in the day when I couldn't get enough to these types of games to play as I waited for the next puzzle released by Martin Gardner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: