Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:20:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's alternative.  (Read 1659 times)
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:38:02 PM

While Monero will be the In-thing for a while, it will only be a short term hype, until the scammers are caught and the sites using it on the Darkweb are

exposed. Then people will run back to Bitcoin in their droves. Bitcoin are always the rock to hold on, when things run out of control in the Alt coin scene. We

saw that happening with ETH and many of the other Alt coins that were hyped and dumped.  Roll Eyes
yes, bitcoin has proven itself and there is a whole ecosystem build around it. and as long as no other coin can match this, bitcoin is the way to good. and believe me that is not easy to generate such an big and strong network like bitcoin.
The community is a huge thing that keeps Bitcoin in the top spot and keeps it valuable, one of the biggest issues more alts run into are getting a community behind them before the coin is overtaken by speculators who will pump and dump it and screw it over before it can be used for whatever its intended purpose was. Having a network and having the number of people Bitcoin does basically ensures it will be in the #1 position for a while yet.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:39:59 PM

The network effect of bitcoin is to big now to be over taken.  Most people still dont know about bitcoin never mind Monero,  yes it might be heard off in the crypto community but to the average joe it is nothing
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:05:44 PM

The network effect of bitcoin is to big now to be over taken.  Most people still dont know about bitcoin never mind Monero,  yes it might be heard off in the crypto community but to the average joe it is nothing
but here i see a possible problem for bitcoin. more specific that most people do not know about bitcoin yet. so if some altcoin could come up with a special feature or a big marketing campaign, then bitcoin might get some real competition.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:29:22 PM

I have been thinking about this and thought to put it here what's on my mind.
Just think that if some other altcoin has the potential to take place of bitcoins, like people are talking about Monero to take its place because of its privacy and security, what would happen to bitcoins? Is there any altcoin currently which can do this? And if yes, what would be the effect on bitcoins?

most of the coins that claim this will soon die because it is mostly hype. you can see what has happened to ethereum with all its bugs and hacks. and in case of monero although it has some nice features for privacy but it always had these features and it doesn't look like they changed anything about its fate all this time, and only it began rising when a small news and then bigger hype started spreading.

i would think about this question only if there is a valid competition for bitcoin and there is none yet!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:33:47 PM

I have been thinking about this and thought to put it here what's on my mind.
Just think that if some other altcoin has the potential to take place of bitcoins, like people are talking about Monero to take its place because of its privacy and security, what would happen to bitcoins? Is there any altcoin currently which can do this? And if yes, what would be the effect on bitcoins?

most of the coins that claim this will soon die because it is mostly hype. you can see what has happened to ethereum with all its bugs and hacks. and in case of monero although it has some nice features for privacy but it always had these features and it doesn't look like they changed anything about its fate all this time, and only it began rising when a small news and then bigger hype started spreading.

i would think about this question only if there is a valid competition for bitcoin and there is none yet!

It is still the same. Trying to recreate bitcoin is really hard for them. So they thought of something which could look like it but holes are always there. A lot of alts came and some are already lost. There is still one that is left standing even when it fell. It is bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: