Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:43:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Crowdfunding: The Re-Opening of BitcoinStarter.com  (Read 2094 times)
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 01:43:15 AM

Why KYLEMAX is framed all over your intro page ? lol

Coming to my question : So basically all the bitcoin lies in your offline wallet until the project is completed ,that's what your FAQ says.

Fixed Funding or “All or Nothing” (May 2016) – Bitcoins will be held offline in a cold wallet securely encrypted to the FIPS 140-2 standard.  When your project is successful, all the funds will be delivered to you within 24 hours. No coins are held in any wallet on any server, at all.

Why would I raise a funding if I had funds to complete my project ? I mean what if I want to hire a developer and I need to pay him from the crowd funded money ? Is there a way out ? Basically what I feel,since people have crowdfunded me ,the bitcoins should directly go to the address that I had provided.

Kylemax is just a tile for one of the projects. Anytime a new project is posted with a feature image, it adds it to the display board. We're not affiliated with Klyemax in any way, other than they are raising funds on the site. We recently had someone post a NSFW project, so we have a rule now of no nude tiles.  Tongue

There's two models for crowdfunding, one is "all or nothing" the other is Flex Funding. If you choose Flex Funding, the funds are delivered directly to your bitcoin address and not held offline. Studies show that in crowdfunding, projects that are Fixed Funding or "all or nothing" tend to get larger amounts of funding.  This is very similar to Dragon's Den (Canada/UK) and Shark Tank (US). 

I agree with you though, if you're looking for funding for a bootstrap project, you likely need money to get it off the ground, in that case, pick Flex Funding. "Ya keeps what ya earns!"  Cool

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: