Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:47:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE DAO - Proposal idea - Create the Ultimate ETH POS pool  (Read 1953 times)
Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:48:08 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 06:23:33 PM by Mrpumperitis

I would like to create a proposal and am looking for people that can help make this happen.
My idea is beneficial to all DAO and ETH holders.
I propose that THE DAO allocates minimum 10% of its ETH for POS pool.
The ETH will not be for sale.
The ETH will be put to use in a POS pool and all profits ( mining rewards in ETH ) will be equally distributed back to THE DAO holders.
This will give DAO holders a guaranteed side income in ETH while other projects are working away ( some could take over a year before any return )
The ultimate pool will also benefit the ETH POS stage by giving it a large amount of ETH to secure the network.
Thanks guys  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ab-Soul

Activity: 647
Merit: 500

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:57:36 PM

Seems reasonable if DAO holders can earn more with this project proposal.
Do ETH POS profit a lot? How much percentage per month we are talking about here?

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:07:32 AM

Do ETH POS profit a lot? How much percentage per month we are talking about here?
im not sure on the  POS profits m8, i dont think anyone knows yet.
However im very certain come POS stage ETH could be around $50 min and maybe over $100 each - so it should be worth it.
This idea will need help from the ETH devs and Dao devs aswell as full community support.
I feel all three parties can work together and all benefit each other autonomously.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 12:12:04 AM

However im very certain come POS stage ETH could be around $50 min and maybe over $100 each - so it should be worth it.
This idea will need help from the ETH devs and Dao devs aswell as full community support.
I feel all three parties can work together and all benefit each other autonomously.

yes, printing money out of thin air.

bubble will burst soon.

Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:15:20 AM

yes, printing money out of thin air.

bubble will burst soon.
wow first troll, welcome  Kiss
 lol cmon m8 u must agree its a gd idea  Smiley

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:58:42 AM

I would like to create a proposal and am looking for people that can help make this happen.
I propose that THE DAO spends 10% of its holdings on buying ETH asap.
The ETH will be put to use in a POS pool and all profits ( mining rewards in ETH ) will be equally distributed back to THE DAO holders.
This will give DAO holders a guaranteed side income in ETH while other projects are working away ( some could take over a year before any return )
The ultimate pool will also benefit the ETH POS stage by giving it a large amount of ETH to secure the network.
Thanks guys  Smiley

Hi man, the idea isn't too bad, it's just how it could be implemented. By buying eth, wouldn't the DAO need to first liquidate some of it's current holding which are eth? Eg. sell eth to buy eth?
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:55:18 AM

I propose that THE DAO spends 10% of its holdings on buying ETH asap.
Thanks guys  Smiley

Hi man, the idea isn't too bad, it's just how it could be implemented. By buying eth, wouldn't the DAO need to first liquidate some of it's current holding which are eth? Eg. sell eth to buy eth?

Don't forget,  if you stake it, wouldn't that mean you would need to trust someone with that much eth?   or would you need to create a huge multisig walllet and then stake it?   I guess we won't know until we change to POS.
Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:31:08 PM

Yea , we could dump ETH and buy cheaper ,lol but the other more prefered option would be use $10-$20mill of DAO ETH that we currently have.
The idea is only at brainstorming stage , hopefully if there is enough peeps that like the idea , we all work towards making it happen.  Smiley

Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:35:57 PM

Don't forget,  if you stake it, wouldn't that mean you would need to trust someone with that much eth?   or would you need to create a huge multisig walllet and then stake it?   I guess we won't know until we change to POS.

Im hoping THE DAO can eliminate the need for trust. Code could be written to allow some way to pay ETH directly to the DAO addresses. If there is a need for a third party, i would request it from the ETH and DAO teams to create and secure the pool.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:06:07 AM

What PoS pool? We re still unsure how this is going to work out. Btw, this is a very simple solution, u can do it with your own coins. Why asking DAO to do that?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 11:39:18 AM

But isn't the main problem about your idea that Ethereum isn't PoS yet and might never be, or in a few years, after a lot of delays ?
Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:42:56 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 04:04:18 PM by Mrpumperitis

What PoS pool? We re still unsure how this is going to work out. Btw, this is a very simple solution, u can do it with your own coins. Why asking DAO to do that?

https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/03/05/serenity-poc2/  more details here

technical
Serenity PoC2
Posted by Vitalik Buterin on March 5th, 2016.
More precise validator induction rules – maximum 250 validators, minimum ether amount starts off at 1250 ETH and goes up hyperbolically with the formula min = 1250 * 250 / (250 - v) where v is the current active number of validators (ie. if there are 125 validators active, the minimum becomes 2500 ETH, if there are 225 validators active it becomes 12500 ETH, if there are 248 validators active it becomes 156250 ETH). When you are inducted, you can make bets and earn profits for up to 30 million seconds (~1 year), and after that point a special penalty of 100 parts per billion per block starts getting tacked on, making further validation unprofitable; this forces validator churn

i will be staking coins, many people will be
The ultimate pool has a few aims,
give ETH from pos to DAO holders,
lock up DAO eth coins and avoid them being dumped on market for every new project
give ETH POS the biggest pool to help with security for the network.
It is early days but we should begin exchanging ideas and try to make this happen before POS kicks in.

Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:46:40 AM

But isn't the main problem about your idea that Ethereum isn't PoS yet and might never be, or in a few years, after a lot of delays ?
The ETH team estimate it by Q1 2017, maybe with delays we go POS in summer 2017, we will still have DAO funds, we allocate a percentage of ETH from the DAO to go into the pool.
As long as the idea is ready, lots of work to make this happen, we need a good proposal before POS.

bittraffic

Activity: 2912
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:08:35 AM

Nice! Hope someone from ETH team is reading this thread.  This is going to be both beneficial for DAO and ETH.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:40:36 PM

Nice! Hope someone from ETH team is reading this thread.  This is going to be both beneficial for DAO and ETH.

Thanks m8  Smiley
Yea i hope they are reading too.
I think over the next week or so, we should try taking this idea to reddit and other ETH/DAO forums and get more people involved.
Hopefully someone from ETH/DAO teams will respond and let us know if this idea is feasible.

albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:01:54 PM

Why asking DAO to do that?

Because this way the new money created can be reinvested into the eth eosystem which is not the case today. Imagine if eth mining profit were reinvested to fund devlopement. marketing,etc... OP's idea is very powerfull imo , theDAO doesn't even need to wait for proof of stake to benefit from that, we can just buy a mining farm lol.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:42:38 AM

Letsssgoo
Mrpumperitis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:48:35 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4kjs73/dao_proposal_idea_create_the_ultimate_eth_pos_pool/

gd discussion here to  Smiley

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:38:51 AM

What do u think about DAO price? How is that going to move after ICQ ends next week?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CryptyMike

Activity: 291
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:05:07 PM

What do u think about DAO price? How is that going to move after ICQ ends next week?

Well, most people bought in at the .00025-.00035 per DAO range I believe. That can be a benchmarket. Hoping that there is a quick 2x pump at the beginning of the ICO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: