Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Update - 3-1-13  (Read 12091 times)
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:38:13 PM

The highest GH/s that a chip could be and be a factor of each of these values is 1.5  Tongue

So, if true, the Jalapeno would have 3 chips.
Singles 20 and 40 respectively.
And a nice even 100 chips for the rig.

No. Japaleno is 1 chip, Little Single is 4, Single is 8.

So 1 chip does (or should do (finally, to match or beat Avalon)) ~8 GHash/s.

Japaleno has lower clocks.

So in theory a Jalape~o can be overclocked?

If not, you can launch it into the upper atmosphere with a weather balloon. And it should tick just a little faster according to Einstein's theory.  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:30:16 PM

If not, you can launch it into the upper atmosphere with a weather balloon. And it should tick just a little faster according to Einstein's theory.  Cool

Not to be pedantic, but this was proven decades ago with atomic clocks on military jets.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:16:44 PM

Nothing new in the picture. BFL customers have been shown their boxes months earlier. However BFL didn't falsely claimed they were shipping them.
Total lie.

They have claimed to be shipping their ASICs on time over and over again, each time with postponement and additional delays.

The last one took you (a BFL customer by the way) from February 10th to Match 10th. (or thereabouts).

It'll Ship in:

October 2012, no wait
Early November 2012, no wait
Mid November, no wait
"5th Week of November", no wait
Early December 2012, no wait
December 10th, no wait a little longer
Before the 25th of December our Fabs"drop dead" date,, no wait
Now it is 30 days from December 10th 2012 --> January 10th 2013, no wait
Revised that and added a detailed timeline, Sometime in February 10th, no wait
February 18th 2013, no wait
February 22nd, 2013, no wait
Sometime in Early March 2013, no wait
Sometime in Mid March 2013, if all goes well...

(The continuing saga of BFL customers)

Now do me a favor and go wash your face from all that humiliation...

Now, PuertoLibre has got his "miracle" picture. It seems they are empty. It's strange they didn't take pictures of piles of boards or half ready devices, while they claim they are going to start shipping on Monday.
It's more like you are just speculating it is the case rather than knowing it is the case (of fans).

You know there is a rumor that BFL is waiting on their shipment.

The-Real-Link (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:07:10 PM

Thanks PL for that chart.  Even I haven't seen that one before.  Certainly we've beaten the "BFL has slipped on their deadlines" horse to death by now.  Photo of cases seems to be neat.  Just wanted to put the update out there for those who don't regularly check BFL's forums.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 12:17:53 AM

https://twitter.com/BFL_News

RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 01:53:46 AM

Nothing new in the picture. BFL customers have been shown their boxes months earlier. However BFL didn't falsely claimed they were shipping them.
Total lie. (...)
No, it is you who is lying. BFL made promises they couldn't fulfill, but they never claimed "we shipped 53 units", "we mount 12 per day".

Now, PuertoLibre has got his "miracle" picture. It seems they are empty. It's strange they didn't take pictures of piles of boards or half ready devices, while they claim they are going to start shipping on Monday.
It's more like you are just speculating it is the case rather than knowing it is the case (of fans).
Simply do recall all bitcointalk posts about Avalon since 20th January. Who was right? You, being so sure to get the parcel fast? Or rather people showing strange things in Avalon team's behavior?

And stop trolling. If no, people won't help you when your unit(s) go south with "bus error", like libertybuck's units.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:36:22 AM

Total lie. (...)
No, it is you who is lying. BFL made promises they couldn't fulfill, but they never claimed "we shipped 53 units", "we mount 12 per day".
What am I lying about again?

Prove they didn't send out 53 units?

Prove they haven't built up and stocked 12 units per day during CNY?

"It's more like you are just speculating it is the case rather than knowing it is the case..."

------------------

Look I will throw you a bone, if they have kept up the pace of building 12 unit a day then on Monday or...I should say..."The week of Monday"...a large number of tracking numbers should go out.

If it is a trickle of tracking numbers, then I concede to you that you are correct based on the available information. If not, then you'll have to concede that you like pulling things out from the neither regions of your mind. <shrug?>

Simply do recall all bitcointalk posts about Avalon since 20th January. Who was right? You, being so sure to get the parcel fast? Or rather people showing strange things in Avalon team's behavior?

What are you asking me to answer about specifically?

CNY did get in the way of their shipping plan from the looks of it. This was known long in advance by various forums since December. Am I happy about it? Heck No.

Are you surprised that the customs issue was related to CNY or...?

And stop trolling. If no, people won't help you when your unit(s) go south with "bus error", like libertybuck's units.
You ask me to stop trolling by going about trolling yourself? I guess you could have led by example.

But because you are an amature in the art of trolling, I shall show you how truth and trolling can be combined into a powerful molotov. I'll raise your troll with one of my own. Keep in mind one mans troll is another spreading truth.

You are one smart guy so take a look

Instantly deleted and thread was moved. LOL. I wonder why.
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 03:05:24 AM

Your table looks wrong. There should be 16 hashes per clock.

You've got 15, which is what they would get if they have to disable a core (which they can do to make a failed chip useful, and put it in a Jalapeno).
nathanrees19

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 03:08:24 AM

Maybe your troll-like post didn't belong on a support forum.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 03:12:22 AM

Puertolibre right on cue as usual................. hahaha

And not a negative word in his post ?............................I think he's going mellow in his old age  Cheesy
Fly or Fail, it's all in BFL's hands.

Let us pray for a miracle. (....the world is holding its breath)

^ I got my miracle today. ^

BOX OF FANS Hahahaha
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 03:37:24 AM

What do you call this?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/923-avalon-unit-delivered-bfl-hq.html

Started by the guy who deleted my post.

nathanrees19

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 03:41:06 AM

What do you call this?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/923-avalon-unit-delivered-bfl-hq.html

a joke
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 03:43:14 AM

What do you call this?

a joke
Right. Wink
MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:11:27 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/1047-i-ordered-early-aug-~-4500-bfl-cs-says-will-likely-ship-may-june-true.html

Question I ordered early Aug (~#4500), BFL-CS says will likely ship May-June. Is this true?

I've seen some quite optimistic information here at the forum with regards to the chips, bumping and the time plan. According to Josh the first batch should ship quite soon (~1-2 weeks?) so I figured I would ask BFL when my order was paid so I could figure out approx in which batch I'll land.

This is the email I sent:
    korupt <XXXX@gmail.com>
    12 feb

to Butterfly
    Hello.

I would like to know when my order (4XXX) was paid so that I can figure out how late or early I've ordered.

Best regards

The response I got:
    Butterfly Labs Inc
    13 feb

to me
    Hi korupt,

You placed the order and payed in the first week of August. We are working to start shipping soon and have a 2-3 month backlog in the queue, so your order will likely ship sometime in May-June, sooner if possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Sabina
    BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

So my question here is, have I completely misunderstood Joshs updates somehow? I have a hard time believing that there is such a huge mismatch of information between CS and Josh as they supposedly work for the same company.

Are people with order numbers in the 4000 supposed to wait til May-June?

Would be great if a BFL rep or someone with information could answer. Also please link to where it says that shipping is to be that late.

lolz yea she needs a lesson on dealing with angry customers. Josh whip her in to shape. Whip her real good!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 04:31:59 AM

Explains why Josh's wife quit her job and hangs around the lab daily, hence always available for lunch with coders from Oz on tour.

Sabrina
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:32:53 AM

@ nathan (Known BFL apologist/supporter)

As you can see, this is also just "a joke". <sarcasm>

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/sensemaster/91-blog-entry-deleting-o-o.html
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:38:38 AM

Explains why Josh's wife quit her job and hangs around the lab daily, hence always available for lunch with coders from Oz on tour.

Sabrina
Again, I'll be the troll and point out the lie.

Josh says this is "a mistake" caused by a newbie CS agent. Hmm... I guess BFL_Jody is also a newbie....oh wait...shes been around since the FPGA Singles came out and works as General Manager for Customer Service....oops.

What BFL reps need is a good class in how to lie effectively. Here is Jody pointing out the May to June timeframe. There is also a post on BFL's forums of Josh Acknowledging it.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/85-perennial-question-when-will-my-order-ship.html

Oops, but then again I am a troll for pointing that out. Yikes, there is gonna be some explaining to do. Cheesy
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:43:48 AM

It is just a little trick BFL reps learn (I speculate).

Tell your CS to say something in official correspondence, (The left hand of the company)
Then let the COO say something completely contradictory. (The Right hand of the company)

When people complain of contradictory misinformation....simply say nothing.

Or

Say the the right hand does not know what the left hand is talking about. In this way, all time frames are accurate...but only one is official in the correspondence?

April = May, June

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:46:20 AM

Quote from: BFL_Josh
Orders placed now will likely ship around the second half of April.

Not a chance in the world that they will not only start shipping, but also completely clear their current backlog of orders by the end of April.

Buy & Hold
nathanrees19

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:54:53 AM

Quote from: PuertoLibre, known Avalon supporter and anti-BFL troll
@ nathan (Known BFL apologist/supporter)
As you can see, this is also just "a joke". <sarcasm>

You're confusing a whole bunch of different things...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: