Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:58:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: International express freight users will get a Partial Refund[?]  (Read 1361 times)
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:27:39 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2013, 12:57:31 AM by PuertoLibre

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1216-international-express-freight-change-problem-pay-user-will-get-refund.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:34:51 PM

Are you saying
"these users are getting a partial refund"
or
"are these users getting a partial refund?"

?

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 05:43:29 PM

I just checked, and 35 of your last 40 posts have been in BFL threads. Can you stop? Anyone who cares will be at the BFL forums, and will get all the information they need.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:04:38 PM

$200 for intl express shipping on a Single?  Surely an SC Single weighs < 1Kg.

And that's each.  Looks like they don't give any combined shipping discounts.

Jeez.

Surely the true cost is closer to $70.  No?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:32:44 PM

I just checked, and 35 of your last 40 posts have been in BFL threads. Can you stop? Anyone who cares will be at the BFL forums, and will get all the information they need.
Avalon updates only once or twice a month.

There is almost zero activity going on in Avalon threads. What do you want me to post to make the averages seem better?

------------------

By your token reasoning, I should ask the Moderators to delete BFL threads as they already have an offsite forum.
Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:35:58 PM

LOL still $200 for shipping wft are they made of lead.  Still unreal price.  $400 is why I don't have an order $200 doesn't change that fact much.  I'll give ya $75 tops.
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:28:43 PM

There is almost zero activity going on in Avalon threads. What do you want me to post to make the averages seem better?

------------------

By your token reasoning, I should ask the Moderators to delete BFL threads as they already have an offsite forum.

Ola.... u want me to post pics of Katharine?
nbtcminer

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 07:45:13 PM

@PuertoLibre:

Just a question; are you even invested in BFL ASIC hardware?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:44:35 PM

So why can't you only post once or twice a month? If you're looking for stuff to post on cuz you're bored, there are plenty of other sub-forums to browse.

The lack of Avalon updates has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the VAST majority of your posts are in BFL threads.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:51:03 PM

So why can't you only post once or twice a month? If you're looking for stuff to post on cuz you're bored, there are plenty of other sub-forums to browse.
You might have missed the part where I mentioned I come here to check when I will get my hardware.

The other forum sections (while vast) are outside of my interest.

The lack of Avalon updates
Thank you for the validation. I will be "bumping" Avalon threads mercilessly just to throw off your count. (Pun intended on the "BUMPing")

[...] has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the VAST majority of your posts are in BFL threads.
They are the competition.

Like I said, you didn't complain when former BFL trolls mercilessly pestered the bASIC threads. Now that it is the company where you are invested in, you have "issues".

By the way, there is trouble in paradise:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1221-there-problems-asic-chips.html
nbtcminer

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:18:55 PM

You might have missed the part where I mentioned I come here to check when I will get my hardware.

Thank you for the validation. I will be "bumping" Avalon threads mercilessly just to throw off your count. (Pun intended on the "BUMPing")

[...] has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the VAST majority of your posts are in BFL threads.

Like I said, you didn't complain when former BFL trolls mercilessly pestered the bASIC threads. Now that it is the company where you are invested in, you have "issues".

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1221-there-problems-asic-chips.html

By your logic I should bombard every Avalon thread with seemingly useful information

(i.e. Its March 5th, Avalon still hasn't shipped out most of Batch 1,
How dare they take orders for Batch 2,
they don't answer most customer service concerns in a timely manner,
they screwed up order taking for batch 2,
they don't give refunds)

Since it is ok for you to do, I guess it should be ok for me to expose this information about Avalon in a new thread every time I read something right?
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:23:54 PM

By your logic I should bombard every Avalon thread with seemingly useful information

(i.e. Its March 5th, Avalon still hasn't shipped out most of Batch 1,
How dare they take orders for Batch 2,
they don't answer most customer service concerns in a timely manner,
they screwed up order taking for batch 2,
they don't give refunds)

Since it is ok for you to do, I guess it should be ok for me to expose this information about Avalon in a new thread every time I read something right?
Go right ahead.

I encourage people to do this if they want to.

It will at least be more entertaining than reading BFL crap.

I hate nothing more than doing customer service and responding to emails. I actually would like to hear the latest controversy on Avalon while I am not looking at some annoying email. If you can find it in you to post (real crap) about what Avalon is or is not doing, by all means, shoot for the moon.

tcp_rst

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:15:02 PM

I hate nothing more than doing customer service and responding to emails. I actually would like to hear the latest controversy on Avalon while I am not looking at some annoying email. If you can find it in you to post (real crap) about what Avalon is or is not doing, by all means, shoot for the moon.
Do you believe you are doing us all a favor?  Like some sort of public service? Or am I misunderstanding the bolded part above?
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:37:05 PM

Do you believe you are doing us all a favor?  Like some sort of public service? Or am I misunderstanding the bolded part above?
No, it is what I do when I am on the computer and am avoiding (email related) work.
Beepbop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:57:30 PM

tl;dr: Apparently, international shipping costs from BFL have been reduced, and some of the earlier customers have asked BFL if they too will get lower shipping costs. BFL hasn't answered yet.

The problems with this thread is
- That the topic has dropped the question mark. Right now it's misleading by making it look like BFL has already answered the question.
- That the first post is just a link.
- The rest of the thread is just meta-discussion about users having a right - or not - to be interested in how ASIC companies does their business.
tcp_rst

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:09:14 PM

- The rest of the thread is just meta-discussion about users having a right - or not - to be interested in how ASIC companies does their business.
Unfortunately PuertoLibre has made it more than that.  In the context of many, many other threads he has invited people to question his motive and intent.  I invite you to review his posts and you'll see that he's not in any way trying to contribute meaningfully or constructively to the community.  My opinion, though I can quite reliably predict how he's about to react after quietly watching his handiwork for several months.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: