Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 year old Steam account *sold*  (Read 337 times)
funkbungus (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:13:36 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 02:04:58 PM by funkbungus

Hello,

I have a 12 year old steam account that I'm willing to sell.

I'm not sure what its worth, it only has counterstrike 1.6 , half-life, opposing force, blue shift, and team fortress classic on it I believe.

but maybe 12 year old accounts are worth something lol, I dunno, I was hoping to get .1 btc for it but I have no idea if that's reasonable or not.

otherwise I could put it up as collateral for small loan for .02 or so that I'd be able to pay back next week friday on my payday.

I think I have negative reputation points or whatever they're called because I only posted here once before, before I knew what the hell bitcoin even was and asked for a microloan to test the waters, without reading the stickies or anything. I'm sure it's in my post history lol.

edit: I think it has a bunch of crates for Team fortess 2 as well, I'm not sure I haven't played it in a while. I'm downloading steam right now to take a look.

edit: here it is https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964146158/

Another Edit: I guess these things aren't worth that much after all, I'd be happy to get .015 obo for it if anybody was interested in it. or if somebody wanted to do a loan I could give this as collateral for a .015 loan, which I'd pay back  at .020 next week friday.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:45:19 PM

Yeah you surely didn't read the sticky threads. Steam accounts aren't accepted as collateral because you can recover your account using social engineering. View here --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0. If only you tried to do some quick reading on that thread then you shouldn't have that negative trust on you. If you did have a valid collateral, then someone would probably have given a loan for you.

funkbungus (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:47:33 PM

ok, thanks for the help.

its still for sale though. I didn't offer it as collateral on my first post a year or so ago, I simply didn't offer any collateral, like I said I didn't read the sticky.

I just threw it on here on the off chance someone would be interested, its no big deal either way, I'm just bored.

edit: I wasn't looking for snarky replies, I already mentioned that I didn't read the sticky. I've read it since then, I didn't see the harm in offering it as collateral here because if someone was interested then yay for me I guess, didn't mean to make you mad.

edit 2: either way I'd rather sell it, I just figured maybe there was an off chance that someone didn't want to buy it, but wanted to make a few bucks in 7 days, I understand that it could be a scam, i just don't really mind either way what happens, just bored and killing time til my knee heals lol.
funkbungus (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:03:21 PM

I just sold it on reddit should I just delete this post?
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:38:59 AM

I just sold it on reddit should I just delete this post?

Probably just lock this for future reference or smth. It might be useful one day as a proof to something (even though you didn't do the deal in here). Congrats on selling your account. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: