Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:15:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell is this?  (Read 2046 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Levole11

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:51:25 AM

What the hell is steem?

A blockchain-based social media platform, somewhat resembling reddit:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1466593.0

I am obviously intrigued.  I also immediately see a lot of voices crying foul over a flawed distro scheme and its hard to discern what happened.  Was it just difficult to mine at first, leading to the devs mining a lot, though fairly?  Were there honestly no shenanigans similar to Dash or Vanillacoin? 

Steem is just another Larimer scam.  Nobody is going to end up using it.  The Larimer Gang pulled the same stunt with PTS mining.  I know, because I was mining PTS from day one and there were several people complaining about not being able to connect to the network.  Nothing the Larimers are involved in is fair.  The only blockchain-based social media network that will be of importance is Synereo.

Ah a Larimer scam, makes sense then that smooth and the monero gang are also involved.

Yeah a larimer scam with huge instamine by the devs.. except smooth not shouting scam because he's invested.. says a lot about smooth's Integrity, or better, the lack of it

It wasn't an instamine; coins were created at the specified rate and nothing happened to create a big chunk of coins instantly (difficulty adjustment was excellent). It was certainly a fast-mine, with a large chunk of coins mined in a week. It had barriers put up to participation, and yet at the same time everything was fully disclosed, including that fast that there were deliberate barriers put up.

I've stated all this on the Steem thread BTW. People can make up their own minds whether to support it in any way, I'm not out here selling it. Given the clear disclosure and distribution according to the stated schedule I don't see anything even remotely fraudulent. "Unfair" perhaps, but fraudulent, no.

Oh, I see, your agenda is that you're one of those Vanillacoin/Vcash retards who doesn't accept that your dev stealing Bitcoin's code and lying about it makes both him and the coin worthless pieces of shit, and hate that I'm one of the people telling people about it. Can't fix stupid.

I have no agenda smooth, other than to expose you for what you are.. Combine my previous post with anonymints admission that you influenced/hoodwinked him into making statements which suited your interests, then the picture gets even clearer..

The situation with jc has been discussed on the forum many times and is off topic here...
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:57:43 AM

Looks like someone who has been caught cripple mining monero just got caught pre-mining again  Roll Eyes

Premine? No. Steem was not in any way a premine.

Fastmine sure. (Only qualifier there is that it has unlimited supply and mining so eventually even the initial fastmine will be diluted, but it will take a long time.)
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:02:28 AM

Looks like someone who has been caught cripple mining monero just got caught pre-mining again  Roll Eyes

Fastmine sure. (Only qualifier there is that it has unlimited supply and mining so eventually even the initial fastmine will be diluted, but it will take a long time.)

oh, so you were involved in an instamine with the steem devs then...ok

It was not an instamine. Unlike well known instamines such as Dash, coins were not mined instantly or at an accelerated rate due to any kind of flaws in the code. They were mined at a almost exactly a constant (but fast) rate, as designed and stated in the white paper. That's a fastmine, not an instamine.

Also, I'm not "involved" in any meaningful sense, I just mined it. If anything my presence as an independent outsider demonstrates that it wasn't entirely rigged.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:08:49 AM

It was not an instamine. Unlike well known instamines such as Dash, coins were not mined instantly or at an accelerated rate due to any kind of flaws in the code. They were mined at a almost exactly a constant (but fast) rate, as designed and stated in the white paper. That's a fastmine, not an instamine.

Also, I'm not "involved" in any meaningful sense, I just mined it. If anything my presence as an independent outsider demonstrates that it wasn't entirely rigged.

oh ok smooth, sure whatever you say................................................ Roll Eyes

I'm glad we've come to an agreement. Do be sure to let me know when you want the steem account I reserved for you.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:17:55 AM

oh ok smooth, sure whatever you say................................................ Roll Eyes

I'm glad we've come to an agreement. Do be sure to let me know when you want the steem account I reserved for you.

oh i know about the monero cabal running a DASH land grab on steem, we have been watching you giggle like little kids in IRC bragging what you are going to do with some of the names you are squatting  Kiss

good luck...some of the stunts you are planning with the names are pretty low and not exactly legal i would suggest.

You're lying because for one thing the forum names I reserved are only held by me (no cabal, no IRC anything) and for another they are all open to be given to the original user of the name at no cost, including you. Please explain how that is a stunt.

So stop making shit up.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:25:38 AM

oh i know about the monero cabal running a DASH land grab on steem, we have been watching you giggle like little kids in IRC bragging what you are going to do with some of the names you are squatting  Kiss

good luck...some of the stunts you are planning with the names are pretty low and not exactly legal i would suggest.

You're lying because for one thing the names are only held by me (no cabal, no IRC anything) and for another they are all open to be given to the original user of the name at no cost, including you.

So stop making shit up.

come on now son, right back at you  Roll Eyes

Just let me know, the name is yours for the asking, kid.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:40:27 PM

Er, no. I paid him to find vulnerabilities in Monero which he posted about many times (though none particularly serious -- still useful effort).

So like I said, read the link above, do some introspection, and get help. You are mentally ill.

gold

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 04:49:59 PM

Nice thread, very interesting insights
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 05:01:03 PM

You're lying because for one thing the names are only held by me (no cabal, no IRC anything) and for another they are all open to be given to the original user of the name at no cost, including you.

So stop making shit up.

come on now son, right back at you  Roll Eyes

Can you link all your IRC evidence? Or doesn't IRC have a #TCPOHA channel?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: