Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:18:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderator Report Viewing  (Read 878 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:24:35 PM

As there is a button that allows for posts to be reported to moderators, is there a way to view the number of posts that are reported to moderators.
This would allow for comparisons between users and general information to be built up and analyzed such as patters between signature campaigns and posting.
I was just wondering this as it would be interesting to find the percentage of posts reported compared to the number of posts that have been created.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 03:44:24 PM

well there is an option to report posts, look at the lower right corner of every post on the Forum. the page will show statistics on how many posts you have reported and how many have been deleted

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Not a big issue but it would be nice to have some form of feedback on reporting to see if you are doing it correctly.
The percentage does little for me if I have reported to different threads and the number changes.

When you say patterns between signatures and posting,what are you driving at with that stat?
The issue with a stat like that I think is some people that are on the fence for reporting that have a disdain for signatures,may be pushed in the direction of reporting due to the bias. Having been accused by a mod of having to think more before I post and other such slight attacks,I would think that some mods also would be working on the same bias.
So any stats collected would most likely be smeared due to agendas being driven to eliminate signatures.
Lets be honest the people without signatures rarely get accused of spam!

Would appreciate some more feedback though as I would like to report in a more functional way and not waste mods time.
Same goes for sending them personal messages on spam,I sent Hilarious one thinking that I was on to something. Only to see like 3-4 different people commenting on the guy and I imagine he got twice as many reports or messages all on one person.
So multiple that and its a lot to stream line.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:27:29 PM

No, I mean general reports on my posts.
Allowing me to view how many of my posts have been reported.
I know that you can view statistics on posts that you delet but not your own posts that have been reported.
It may also be good, as mentioned, for some response from moderators of automated systems after reporting posts.
Your Point Is Invalid

Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 04:31:17 PM

I know that you can view statistics on posts that you delet but not your own posts that have been reported.
It may also be good, as mentioned, for some response from moderators of automated systems after reporting posts.
Well there is no option to show your posts that have been reported, also, I think a better system to deal with reports is coming in the new forum

Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:40:42 PM

Now I am not sure if that is something I would want tracked,for example we have some racists that post continually and getting feedback on people reporting them would show they are getting a reaction from their propaganda.
If your posts are bad enough and get deleted you usually have a connection to why or a hunch.

Do you really want that information? It might create a bigger issue between members and mods that would be unwarranted.
Not sure if I would want that to be honest with you.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:46:21 AM

How many of your posts have been reported really doesn't matter.
What would be interesting is a tracker of how many of your posts have been deleted by mods.
That could serve as a warning for members.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:32:09 AM

I think letting those who report know which ones were marked bad is a good idea. (Higher reporting efficiency, Less work for mods, Less bad reports)
And a message that goes "This post/person was reported 10 seconds ago" so mods don't get too many reports on the same post(/person with reference to Beta).

What would be interesting is a tracker of how many of your posts have been deleted by mods.

Yes but they would already get a PM that the post was deleted, which post was deleted. That would suffice as a warning IMO. Otherwise a per cent would be better
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 11:54:06 PM

Well there is no option to show your posts that have been reported, also, I think a better system to deal with reports is coming in the new forum

What new forum?
Oh, the new Bitcointalk forum that we were promised a while back?

I think letting those who report know which ones were marked bad is a good idea. (Higher reporting efficiency, Less work for mods, Less bad reports)
And a message that goes "This post/person was reported 10 seconds ago" so mods don't get too many reports on the same post(/person with reference to Beta).

Yes but they would already get a PM that the post was deleted, which post was deleted. That would suffice as a warning IMO. Otherwise a per cent would be better

In terms of reducing the moderators' work, the use should be notified when they get a post reported to see if they think it should be deleted or if they want to transfer the issue to the moderators to deal with instead.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:33:53 AM

I was thinking of an automatic counter. A PM like "10 of your posts have been deleted by moderators. Please note that there is a high likelihood of you being banned if additional posts are found to be insubstantial/off-topic" might serve as a stern warning.
I don't think this count is visible to mods as well, when a post gets reported.
krunox123

Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 08:02:33 AM

- snip -

What new forum?
Oh, the new Bitcointalk forum that we were promised a while back?

- snip -
I love it when I saw you had "were" in your post as if you didn't know that the beta version of the new forum software has already been launched a month ago. Tongue

Official announcement thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1442020.0

Life sucks.
inTech

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

BitRevenues.com | Free Bitcoin Lottery

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 08:10:36 AM

This would be a good new feature to be added to Bitcointalk. However I do not see much practical use to it other than letting signature campaign managers to check - which they are already doing.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 12:24:53 PM

When I've originally viewed the title I had something else in mind than:

This doesn't matter at all. Even if all of your posts get reported, that does not mean that a single one would be deleted. This is why I disagree with the idea. What matters more are the deleted posts which you already get informed about.

I was thinking more in the lines of being able to see which of your own reports are marked as bad. This would be very helpful to the people that are trying to contribute in this way.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Gohs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

send &receive money instantly with no hidden cost

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:37:06 PM

Now I am not sure if that is something I would want tracked,for example we have some racists that post continually and getting feedback on people reporting them would show they are getting a reaction from their propaganda.
If your posts are bad enough and get deleted you usually have a connection to why or a hunch.

Do you really want that information? It might create a bigger issue between members and mods that would be unwarranted.
Not sure if I would want that to be honest with you.

[/quote]

It's a good thing to be able to assess the number of times you've been reported, that would give you an idea how likely it is to get banned. Lips sealed

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:21:30 PM

When I've originally viewed the title I had something else in mind than:

This doesn't matter at all. Even if all of your posts get reported, that does not mean that a single one would be deleted. This is why I disagree with the idea. What matters more are the deleted posts which you already get informed about.

I was thinking more in the lines of being able to see which of your own reports are marked as bad. This would be very helpful to the people that are trying to contribute in this way.

Your idea may give more pressure to the moderators on this forum as users may then ask them why a certain post wasn't deleted which the moderators may not have time for.

I thought it would be fairly interesting to find how many of your posts are deleted compared with the number of your posts that are just reported.

It was quite an ambiguous title however, I didn't know how to word it correctly wihout it being too long that people just skip past it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: