Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:29:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How important is the member status of your trading partner?
what's a member status?
not important
I prefer escrow, so member status is not relevant
I would go first if member is "senior"
I would go first if member is "hero"
I would go first if member is "legendary"

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: How important is the member status of your trading partner?  (Read 1495 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dsattler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 06:14:37 PM

How important is the member status of your trading partner?

Does it really matters to you if our trading partner is a "senior member" or a "hero"?
Or do you always use escrow no matter what?

I want to find out what real value is hidden in the member rank on bitcointalk. I think the result will be very interesting!

Please make your vote, thanks!  Smiley

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zerocharisma

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:52:55 PM

For me, depends on the amount of Btc that needs to be transact. For small amounts i would be willing to go first on ranks higher than Sr. member. The thing is, why would they risk their account where you need to wait for months just for small amount that's not even worth it with your rank.
But when it becomes big amount, then it should be escrowed for much safer way.
dsattler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:15:42 AM

For me, depends on the amount of Btc that needs to be transact. For small amounts i would be willing to go first on ranks higher than Sr. member. The thing is, why would they risk their account where you need to wait for months just for small amount that's not even worth it with your rank.
But when it becomes big amount, then it should be escrowed for much safer way.

Thanks for your valuable input. Maybe I should have added "when trading a substantial amount".
I understand that you prefer escrow if it is a substantial amount, is this correct?

I've read the other day that it is recommended to use multiple escrow agents with multi-sig when the amount is really big! I've never heard of this before, but maybe it's worth a thought.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:40:39 AM

it's important but not so important like trust, because nowadays many account are bought and you have an easy chance to deal with scammer even as a legendary
altcoinhosting2

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:44:03 AM

it's important but not so important like trust, because nowadays many account are bought and you have an easy chance to deal with scammer even as a legendary

^^ this is the problem... I don't mind the fact that accounts are bought and sold on this forum, but it makes trading a bit more difficult because you're never 100% sure you're not talking to a new owner.
Even private keys might get sold with the account from time to time (think about master-p, his first defense was saying he sold both his account and private key).

That being said, i'd trade with anybody as long as an escrow was/is used, and without escrow with green trusted senior+ members as long as they can sign a message with a staked address and their account is worth more than the trade itself Smiley

██████████████████████▔|▔▔|      LEDGER WALLETSecond factorMalware Proof
████████████████████▔|▔▔|
██████████████████████|▔▔| ◀◀ Smartcard based Hardware Wallet - Worldwide Shipping
dsattler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:49:30 AM

But as I understand even a bought account keeps it's trust, so why is trust more important than the member rank?

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:40:27 PM

Member status just describes about you and your travel with the bitcoin. Only the trust you have earned will help you in trading. So if you wanna be a trader or a partner in trading its better to increase trust rate rather than rank.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 05:46:15 AM

But as I understand even a bought account keeps it's trust, so why is trust more important than the member rank?

in that case they are similar, but without that case trust cunt more, so overall the trust rating is more important

also trust alone won't cut it, in the sense that when i look at the trust of one user i want to see diffrent kind of trust and not done all with the same person or for the same thing

this is important for me
dsattler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:29:13 AM

in that case they are similar, but without that case trust cunt more, so overall the trust rating is more important

also trust alone won't cut it, in the sense that when i look at the trust of one user i want to see diffrent kind of trust and not done all with the same person or for the same thing

this is important for me

So trust is important to a lot of you guys but everbody except me would prefer escrow according to the vote, funny!  Cheesy
So it seems to me that neither member rank nor trust rating make any difference when you trade, you guys play safe and prefer escrow. But it's too early to say that after 5 votes, we'll see when more votes came in.

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:58:30 PM

Hero or Legendary are more safe if we compare to Newbie in all cases. Newbie can make account, make some posts and go away.  Wink
dsattler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:02:00 PM

Hero or Legendary are more safe if we compare to Newbie in all cases. Newbie can make account, make some posts and go away.  Wink

Thanks for your valuable input. Don't forget to vote, mate!  Grin

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:40:38 AM

this is important for me

So trust is important to a lot of you guys but everbody except me would prefer escrow according to the vote, funny!  Cheesy
So it seems to me that neither member rank nor trust rating make any difference when you trade, you guys play safe and prefer escrow. But it's too early to say that after 5 votes, we'll see when more votes came in.

i didn't vote at all, but it's clear that escrow is the preferable choice then you have trust and then ranking

the only thing better than escrow is when they sell first
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:20:18 AM

Does it really matters to you if our trading partner is a "senior member" or a "hero"?

I want to find out what real value is hidden in the member rank on bitcointalk. I think the result will be very interesting!

It depends on amount involved.If it is too much like 0.5 btc or above,I wouldn't do it without escrow irrespective of his forum rank.For amount lesser than 0.09 I can do without escrow if member rank is higher than full member

dsattler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:28:59 AM

It depends on amount involved.If it is too much like 0.5 btc or above,I wouldn't do it without escrow irrespective of his forum rank.For amount lesser than 0.09 I can do without escrow if member rank is higher than full member

I understand what you mean but it's difficult to put that in a vote. The amount threshold will be individual and depends on the personal circumstances. Maybe you could vote what would you prefer if the trade is of a substantial amount.

Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:29:57 AM

it is not about the members status in trading it is about how legitimate a trading partner is.  Escrow for me is like a back up to complete what i want but the most important is the trading partner that you know well and has done successful trades.  scammers are smarter these days that's why trust is not always above 80% now it is below that and the 20% up is always vigilance and monitoring for your trading partner because sometime's somehow people change their mood or attitude.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 03:04:32 PM

Pretty unanimous results, but yeah, I would never trade without the use of a trusted escrow. Maybe not if it's a really low amount and I'm dealing with a really trusted seller that wouldn't want to risk ruining his reputation.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 05:56:17 PM

If it is a small amount I can go first with a senior or hero rank provided that they have zero negative trust but if it a huge amount I definitely will prefer escrow to safeguard y funds..

bitcoin730

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:05:30 PM

I'll go with escrow its safe.
thesame12

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:24:36 AM

Member status isn't really important. It's all about the feedback and the comments left on the account. Or if you are feeling paranoid, there is a list of escrows here.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:31:56 PM

All accounts can be sold. Heroes and beyond might be playing a very long con or just have funny turns. Just because someone's been posting here for a couple of years doesn't make them any more virtuous. Escrow or die.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:46:48 PM

of course its important for me,i will not make a deal with member account lower than my rank member,its too risky,scammer are everywhere,they can make account easily and scammng us,i ever trade with hero member,and its always safe.
Bitcoinbee

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:01:34 AM

All accounts can be sold. Heroes and beyond might be playing a very long con or just have funny turns. Just because someone's been posting here for a couple of years doesn't make them any more virtuous. Escrow or die.

The REALITY Everyone in here wants have bitcoins so any one within the everyone could be a seasoned scammer being expert for being here for a long time that is why members status is also important for us to have a quick look but in dealing with trades if everyone could be suspicious other wise we are dealing with a known trusted legitimate trader that we for sure know how upon background scan.

Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:45:55 AM

It depends on what's the deal. But I don't actually go first simply because the member is of a higher rank. I let them go first whenever I'm having a deal because I have no intention of scamming them or smth. Once I've received the payment, I'll send them the alt coin they were buying.

When it comes to loaning, if I were to lend someone money, he would need a valid collateral before I give him a loan. The member status isn't that important as long as the collateral is valid and is 120% of the loan price. Some would try to sell their account by offering it as a collateral but they surely don't even care about that account and will just default the loan.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Bitcoinbee

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:03:46 AM

It depends on what's the deal. But I don't actually go first simply because the member is of a higher rank. I let them go first whenever I'm having a deal because I have no intention of scamming them or smth. Once I've received the payment, I'll send them the alt coin they were buying.

When it comes to loaning, if I were to lend someone money, he would need a valid collateral before I give him a loan. The member status isn't that important as long as the collateral is valid and is 120% of the loan price. Some would try to sell their account by offering it as a collateral but they surely don't even care about that account and will just default the loan.

Its a good way for being sure to the point that we always trade fairly.
 And for the loan thing, it is really a good investment but has a risky terms if not well scrutinized collateral.  But I can sense that you are smart enough to handle such business.

dsattler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:16:23 AM

I've just bought some vouchers for BTC. The guy went first without escrow because of my member rank and seasoned account (hero from 2013).
We made the trade in three batches, totalling 300 euro. It was a smooth and fast job.
These things still happen!  Wink

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 06:34:11 AM

I've just bought some vouchers for BTC. The guy went first without escrow because of my member rank and seasoned account (hero from 2013).
We made the trade in three batches, totaling 300 euro. It was a smooth and fast job.
lucky for those who made successful transactions without any hassles but that isn't what always happen if dealing without escrows.
it doesn't matter the member status of someone you trade with so long as agreed to use escrow. most users don't trust even the very trusted legendary users here.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:28:46 AM

of course its important for me,i will not make a deal with member account lower than my rank member,its too risky,scammer are everywhere,they can make account easily and scammng us,i ever trade with hero member,and its always safe.

hero member are not always safe, especially if they do not have trust, and even than it's not guaranteed, many hero now are just newbie that bought that hero or even legendary account

so beaware, i would only trust some escrow here, and even in that case you have not 100% security
dsattler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:08:20 AM

hero member are not always safe, especially if they do not have trust, and even than it's not guaranteed, many hero now are just newbie that bought that hero or even legendary account

so beaware, i would only trust some escrow here, and even in that case you have not 100% security

Sure trust of the escrower is also an issue. Maybe using 2-of-3 multi-sig would be a solution, but who is using this? I've never seen an escrower here on this forum offering multi-sig.  Huh

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:36:10 AM

Sure trust of the escrower is also an issue. Maybe using 2-of-3 multi-sig would be a solution, but who is using this? I've never seen an escrower here on this forum offering multi-sig.  Huh

you need then tu trust another person, so two escrow in that case, because otherwise the third guy may do so that you won't see your money back even if this mean that he can not steal them
Bitcoinbee

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:17:12 AM

you need then tu trust another person, so two escrow in that case, because otherwise the third guy may do so that you won't see your money back even if this mean that he can not steal them

Always be aware that at any time at any moment, no matter who you trust to trade, keep it in your mind that your aim in your investment or trade is to be successful and not to be lost in a blink of a second thru digital technology that we have in the hands of bitcoin thief's.  Do business with care.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:41:22 AM

We made the trade in three batches, totaling 300 euro. It was a smooth and fast job.
lucky for those who made successful transactions without any hassles but that isn't what always happen if dealing without escrows.
it doesn't matter the member status of someone you trade with so long as agreed to use escrow. most users don't trust even the very trusted legendary users here.

You sure? Then we can conclude that the trust wall is completely nonsense? Green trusted users are automatically trusted by most people as they already made lots of transactions but there are some green trusted people though who only did one small transaction with a DT member that's why he has a green trust. Always check the trust wall of the person you're dealing with no matter what rank he is in, or what his trust is. Someone can have a neutral trust but has tons of negative feedback from non DT members.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:20:48 PM

I think the member status is pretty important although if you use escrow for it there are no problems at all.
The fact is that you also have to look at the amount of trust someone has.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:53:58 AM

I mostly look at the trust reviews someone has if they are good, its already a lot more trust worthy in my eyes.
I think a status is important but accounts can also be bought so I think its really depending on reviews these days.

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:26:21 AM

Some people are saying that its very important, I honestly do not think its very important, newbies also need a chance to prove them.
I use escrow sometimes and with this there never been problems and its also very safe.
dsattler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:04:33 AM

Thank you all for your valuable input so far!  Grin

Very interesting: escrow seems to be a must have if you trade here on btt. People would love to believe in a high member rank with a good trust rating but they are afraid that this member account could be bought. Is there any method you know of, to make sure that a member still has his/her original account and not a bought one?

jak1

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:12:00 AM

Member status is not important anymore as anyone can buy a hero or legendary member and come here to scam people, I always prefer to use escrow no matter if he's a legendary and have so many positive feedback in past., because there are Green Trust accounts also being sold. so member status are totally bulshit.
yes, if the  trading partner can sign a message from old staked address and can prove that he's the real owner of the account, then you can deal with him without escrow.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: