Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:49:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Monero relaunch with an ICO?  (Voting closed: May 13, 2017, 07:04:02 PM)
Yes - 14 (14.6%)
No - 21 (21.9%)
Perhaps - 1 (1%)
I don't care - 9 (9.4%)
Monero is dead - 36 (37.5%)
That poll is stupid - 15 (15.6%)
Total Voters: 96

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Monero run an ICO?  (Read 7588 times)
I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:43:38 AM

John Connors Accusation:
I discovered 13 ZeroDay's in Monero source code and exploited the v2 block bug that split the network consensus. The remaining 12 I'm keeping in my back pocket so next time they piss me off again or attempt a DoS. Wink

John Connors Proof of his accusation:
People should check this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233817.0 before voting. Cool

Pathetic...

What's pathetic is your sad attempt at fud when your coin's a complete mess. Anyone else smell the desperation because I can.  Roll Eyes     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:48:04 AM

What's pathetic is your sad attempt at fud when your coin's a complete mess. Anyone else smell the desperation because I can.  Roll Eyes     

Where do I FUD?
definition: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

I'm just calling out John Connor on his lies:
definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie

I can smell your bullshitstories for sure, you're unworthy of a normal discussion...

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:52:21 AM

Lol look at the vote. Cheesy This forum sees through your shenanigans and antics that's probably why your coin is dying. I would be very wary of owning monero at this point. Just look at the blatant complete disregard at the vulnerabilities found. No one wants to be part of that. For anyone who is, good luck with your sinking ship with capt. Risto at the helm.    

To keep you on your vcash sockpuppet words ...

Yours truly master john-connor DID NOT EVEN NAME ONE VULNERABILITY!!!
doremi

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:02:03 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 11:21:49 AM by doremi

Lol look at the vote. Cheesy This forum sees through your shenanigans and antics that's probably why your coin is dying. I would be very wary of owning monero at this point. Just look at the blatant complete disregard at the vulnerabilities found. No one wants to be part of that. For anyone who is, good luck with your sinking ship with capt. Risto at the helm.    

yes he didn`t .....and he shouldn`t ..at least not for free just my 2 Vcash...cheers Cheesy Cheesy
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 11:31:58 AM

yes he didn`t .....and he shouldn`t ..at least not for free just my 2 Vcash...cheers Cheesy Cheesy

I'm personally offering 500k XMR for all 12 of the exploits.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:47:33 AM

I'm personally offering 500k XMR for all 12 of the exploits.

Ok can u plz link to escrow proof that the funds r secured?

~CfA~

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 01:02:15 PM

You're as dumb as him if you don't get the situation.

--If he can't deliver at least one exploit, he looks like a liar.

--If he does deliver at least one exploit, he'll gain HUGE reputation and probably some market cap.

--So given that he has claimed 12, revealing at least one is the best option and an easy one to make at that--now, if he had only said one or two, then your argument makes more sense.

My guess is you and the rest of the V-cards will have to live with option A and try defend an unenviable position. As the saying goes, "It's better to have smart enemies than dumb friends."

My guess is he is praying someone who is smarter than him will give him an exploit so he can take credit for it--similar to what he did with his lack of attributions for Satoshi's code.

doremi

Activity: 654

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 01:19:46 PM

simple math here    13-1=12  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1473091.msg14869453#msg14869453
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 02:12:19 PM

12 + never happened, still equals 12.

But ATM he has a stage and an audience and a stated 1 of 12 exploits to pick from....any day now....

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:27:15 PM

But ATM he has a stage and an audience and a stated 1 of 12 exploits to pick from....any day now....

you mean like
Levole11

Activity: 566

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:40:24 PM

Never happened??

Who''s lying?
Laniakea

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:43:10 PM

Never happened??

https://i.imgur.com/wHVlCK8.jpg

Who's lying?

LMAO... and the Monero gang was busted once again.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 03:29:21 PM

Never happened??

Who's lying?

Niggling over how to define an exploit after the exploit is known isn't discovering a bug no one knew about. So you can try again with one of the 12 Mr. Connor claims to have found all on his own--like a big boy.

bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:26:09 PM

Never happened??

Who's lying?

Niggling over how to define an exploit after the exploit is known isn't discovering a bug no one knew about. So you can try again with one of the 12 Mr. Connor claims to have found all on his own--like a big boy.

Well to put this argument into perspective, John-Connor was the first person on January 15th (check the twitter feed) to correctly point out that the flaw was in fact a zeroday exploit and not a DOS attack like the devs of monero were calling it on January 15th...  the fact that he outed himself out as the person who exploited the XMR code to force the event solidifies that he knows a lot about the cryptonote codebase.

whether or not he has 12 more that he can exploit as well is another question, but I would be careful how far you take this flame war.

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 08:36:59 PM by EmilioMann

I totally agree with an ICO, so they got money to buy the 12 exploits in darknet  Grin
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 07:42:15 PM

Never happened??

Who's lying?

Well to put this argument into perspective, John-Connor was the first person on January 15th (check the twitter feed) to correctly point out that the flaw was in fact a zeroday exploit and not a DOS attack like the devs of monero were calling it on January 15th...  the fact that he outed himself out as the person who exploited the XMR code to force the event solidifies that he knows a lot about the cryptonote codebase.

whether or not he has 12 more that he can exploit as well is another question, but I would be careful how far you take this flame war.

I wouldn't. Threats are a cheap form of psychological warfare and Mr. Connor seemed quite in your face back then, but seems less than eager to do or prove anything today. Instead he hides behind a few shills (or possibly sock-puppet accounts) after running off. Either prove it or stfu.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:18:27 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 08:34:48 PM by smooth

Never happened??

That tweet is the next day after the bug was already publicly known. I proves nothing about john-connor's claims.

I asked for a him to show a link to a tweet (not a screenshot) with a timestamp prior to the bug being publicly known, proving his knowledge as he claimed could be done via twitter, and got crickets. I'm still waiting.

Who''s lying?

You

Well to put this argument into perspective, John-Connor was the first person on January 15th (check the twitter feed) to correctly point out that the flaw was in fact a zeroday exploit and not a DOS attack like the devs of monero were calling it on January 15th...me war.

Are you lying too or just incredibly retarded? Denial of service (DOS) is a type of attack that can, under the right circumstances, be performed using an exploit. They are two words for (or two aspects of) the exact same thing.

If the attack had progressed to the point where funds were lost, or information were improperly disclosed (not applicable in this case) then it could be called something other than a DoS. In reality the only impact of the attack was that some exchanges suspended service (i.e. denial of service) until it was patched. There was not even a persistent chain fork because hash rate accepting the invalid block was below 50%.

tldr: there was a bug that allowed someone to propagate an invalid block, indirectly denying service for a short time. The Monero team discovered the attack, diagnosed the cause (with no assistance from john-conner or anyone else outside the team, though genuine assistance is certainly always appreciated), and released a fix before any serious harm occurred, and john-connor tried to take credit for it with no verifiable evidence whatsoever.
Levole11

Activity: 566

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:30:19 PM

Never happened??

That tweet is the next day after the bug was already publicly known. I proves nothing about john-connor's claims.

I asked for a him to show a link to a tweet (not a screenshot) with a timestamp prior to the bug being publicly known, proving his knowledge as he claimed could be done via twitter, and got crickets. I'm still waiting.

Who''s lying?

You

Monero devs sold it as an attack at the time, John was the one pointing out it was an exploit. There's a difference.. anybody is free to look it up on Twitter themselves, so i really don't care for your troll games smooth Smiley
prettybuds (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:58:26 PM

i really don't care for your troll games smooth Smiley

Seems like one of smooth's troll games got officially removed today:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1484321.0

LoL

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:00:23 PM

Never happened??

Who''s lying?

You

Monero devs sold it as an attack at the time, John was the one pointing out it was an exploit. There's a difference.. anybody is free to look it up on Twitter themselves, so i really don't care for your troll games smooth Smiley

There is no difference and furthermore the official announcement posted prior to any tweets from him I can find, clearly stated there as an ommitted check error in the code (i.e. exploit) so you are still lying.

I'm still waiting for tweet timestamps proving his involvement (i.e. not after a public announcement) as he claimed and challenged us to debunk. Until he provides a link to such a tweet, he is debunked, but then let's face it, he was debunked as soon as it was discovered he ripped off the Bitcoin code and lied about writing it from scratch and claimed a lot of other delusional nonsense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: