Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 12:26:13 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Receiving coin while offline  (Read 1259 times)
jesuit

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 01:36:17 AM

What happens when someone sends you coins while you not online.  Will you just receive them when you get reconnected
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
bitlotto

Activity: 672

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 01:41:44 AM

What happens when someone sends you coins while you not online.  Will you just receive them when you get reconnected
Yes. The blockchain records all transactions ever done. It records stuff all the time. When you connect again, Bitcoin will download the blockchain and will see the transactions that were sent to you.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i                :Ƀ

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 01:53:41 PM

The 'coins aren't in your wallet, your wallet is more like a keychain than a wallet, and the blockchain is like a swarm of extremely safe bulletproof glass safes, each with a piggybank-like slot for depositing  money and a unique barcode engraved by the slot.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
DamienBlack

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:08:11 PM

The 'coins aren't in your wallet, your wallet is more like a keychain than a wallet, and the blockchain is like a swarm of extremely safe bulletproof glass safes, each with a piggybank-like slot for depositing  money and a unique barcode engraved by the slot.

Nice analogy. Someone should make it into an animation. It would help people understand.

I trade bitcoin options at https://bitoption.org/ ... Join me.
I play poker at https://betco.in/ ... Join me.
Support the bitcoin economy, what do you do?
Tips: 1NfXhiTFEdKQTdLy49s6DYAP1K7MeFWyao
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:09:52 PM

Your bank also receives money, if you're not in there... Wink

https://bitfinex.com <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with this refcode: x5K9YtL3Zb
Mail me at Bitmessage: BM-BbiHiVv5qh858ULsyRDtpRrG9WjXN3xf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.