Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCC announces Titanium physical bitcoins  (Read 7660 times)
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:08:25 PM

To anyone interested in statistics, like how many coins there are etc..

Unofficial BTCC Coin Tracker: https://anduck.net/bitcoin/btcc_coins.html

The data is updated every hour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:38:52 PM

That is awesome, I suggested BTCC to update the lookup tool on their website to show the number of coins produced in each batch.
However your tracker is pretty helpful! Well done.
Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:15:57 PM

That is awesome, I suggested BTCC to update the lookup tool on their website to show the number of coins produced in each batch.
However your tracker is pretty helpful! Well done.

Thanks!

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 06:08:32 AM

Great idea.  Love it.
Thanks for building this list and maintaining it with updates. 
Really nice to know if more are created and ever better to know how limited the coins are.  Strange that so many have already been redeemed.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 02:36:00 PM

Nice work Anduck! I am surprised how many of these have been redeemed already -> Redeemed total:     22
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:58:04 PM

Nice work Anduck! I am surprised how many of these have been redeemed already -> Redeemed total:     22

22, wow!  How many were made so far that we know of?

Anyone that redeemed one of their coins looking to sell the redeemed coin?  I would not like a fully peeled hologram, one as intact as possible.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 03:20:56 PM

Nice work Anduck! I am surprised how many of these have been redeemed already -> Redeemed total:     22

Anyone that redeemed one of their coins looking to sell the redeemed coin?  I would not like a fully peeled hologram, one as intact as possible.

https://anduck.net/bitcoin/btcc_coins.html

825  (25 of which are twins).

22 redeemed

BTCC has 5 errors left.   Oh, and the have some of the coins back in stock (with box).  Maybe a return shipment since new coins haven't been made.

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:49:32 PM

Thanks, so about 2.5% of currently produced coins have been redeemed.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 03:53:58 PM

I could see this as some of the 1st shipments went out with their full value declared......
And people not wanting to pay

thanks

Ummm, if they don't want to pay, then the coins would go back to BTCC.
They would just resell them (which might explain why they have stock again).

BTCC_Official (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:27:09 PM

Really nicely done!  I like it.
(It's also nice that these V-Series coins are all straight from the coinbase transaction, so it's incredibly easy and transparent as to the number of coins minted and redeemed.)

Since you've done such a nice job with your website at monitoring our production, I'll give you some cool tidbits and also an important correction:

1) the 50 address in your first 2 blocks (393716 & 393816) are actually NOT mined by us at BTCC.  Therefore, they were not part of any BTCC Mint coins at all.  I'm not sure how your algorithm picked up these two blocks.  If you could, please remove it from your DB so that users have more accurate information.

2) the next 4 blocks (394051, 394111, 405240, and 405251) were ours, but actually mined into our "artists proof" coins.  These are not the ones you see for sale now.  We've been using them for testing, which is why you see some redemptions. We have also saved some as souvenirs, and given some away to people.

3) blocks 409881 and onwards, are truly the 2016 V Series, One Bitcoin editions, made of Titanium.  Some early ones here have also been used for testing, photo shoots, and some damaged ones have been redeemed, etc.

Keep up the good work Anduck!

And stay tuned for more exciting products from BTCC Mint!

thanks,
Bobby

BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:33:31 PM

Anyone that redeemed one of their coins looking to sell the redeemed coin?  I would not like a fully peeled hologram, one as intact as possible.

https://anduck.net/bitcoin/btcc_coins.html

825  (25 of which are twins).

22 redeemed

BTCC has 5 errors left.   Oh, and the have some of the coins back in stock (with box).  Maybe a return shipment since new coins haven't been made.

We just announced our new, extra large size, Five Bitcoin.  I'll post a new thread with photos...

At the same time, we released some more existing inventory of the One Bitcoin for sale, so that people can have a choice, and not feel like you're compelled to buy the much more expensive Five Bitcoin.  Just to be clear, these coins that are back in stock are NOT from returns, but rather we released inventory previously held back for our employees and investors. (We will produce more in our next production run for them.)

Enjoy!

thanks,
Bobby
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 05:34:15 PM

Really nicely done!  I like it.
(It's also nice that these V-Series coins are all straight from the coinbase transaction, so it's incredibly easy and transparent as to the number of coins minted and redeemed.)

Since you've done such a nice job with your website at monitoring our production, I'll give you some cool tidbits and also an important correction:

1) the 50 address in your first 2 blocks (393716 & 393816) are actually NOT mined by us at BTCC.  Therefore, they were not part of any BTCC Mint coins at all.  I'm not sure how your algorithm picked up these two blocks.  If you could, please remove it from your DB so that users have more accurate information.

2) the next 4 blocks (394051, 394111, 405240, and 405251) were ours, but actually mined into our "artists proof" coins.  These are not the ones you see for sale now.  We've been using them for testing, which is why you see some redemptions. We have also saved some as souvenirs, and given some away to people.

3) blocks 409881 and onwards, are truly the 2016 V Series, One Bitcoin editions, made of Titanium.  Some early ones here have also been used for testing, photo shoots, and some damaged ones have been redeemed, etc.

thanks,
Bobby

While in direct communication with Anduck, he had already pointed out that the couple of blocks were not tagged as BTCC, but that he was going to make certain changes after the scans were complete.  It's very nice that commented and given more information to make the site complete.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 05:37:11 PM

We just announced our new, extra large size, Five Bitcoin.  I'll post a new thread with photos...

At the same time, we released some more existing inventory of the One Bitcoin for sale, so that people can have a choice, and not feel like you're compelled to buy the much more expensive Five Bitcoin.  Just to be clear, these coins that are back in stock are NOT from returns, but rather we released inventory previously held back for our employees and investors. (We will produce more in our next production run for them.)

Enjoy!

thanks,
Bobby

Very nice.
So, umm, estimated number of 5BTC coins going to be produced?  Price?
And, more importantly, are you going to allow USA purchases? -- It's been difficult for many of us to get them.

BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:02:54 PM

Enjoy!

thanks,
Bobby

Very nice.
So, umm, estimated number of 5BTC coins going to be produced?  Price?
And, more importantly, are you going to allow USA purchases? -- It's been difficult for many of us to get them.

For this series of the Five Bitcoin (meaning the 2-star, 2016 V Series in Titanium), we will only make a maximum of 500 coins total, regardless of sets and packaging.  We will limit the 5-coin set to 21 units only. 

As for USA purchases, we are really in a tough position.  Obviously, I understand the demand from the USA.  However, our repeated research tells us that unless we have a full set of money transmitter licenses for the USA, we cannot sell and ship physical bitcoins into the USA market.  So it's not a matter of personal preference at this point, but rather a matter of legality and compliance with the law.

If any of you can help us with better or more accurate information on this matter, or good work-arounds, we would love to hear from you.
(Any lawyers out there who can give us a better and more definitive answer?)

In the mean time, I'm sure there will be USA access to secondary markets. 
Unfortunately, that's the best answer I can give you at this moment.

thanks,
Bobby
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 06:12:51 PM

I am all for a 5BTC coin and will be getting 1 or 2. It has been a real hassle to buy your last coins in the USA and I hope we can find an easier way.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:19:16 PM

The coins are a bit pricey (6 BTC). Especially since the coin isn't made of precious metal (or traditionally minted). Any reason why there is a 1 BTC premium on the coin?
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:35:47 PM

The coins are a bit pricey (6 BTC). Especially since the coin isn't made of precious metal (or traditionally minted). Any reason why there is a 1 BTC premium on the coin?

Yes, it is pricey.  1 BTC premium is not cheap, and we fully understand that.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address this issue on price.

The reason is simple: We are a real business and we want to make a profit, so that we can continue to operate, and fulfill our vision and mission of bringing to the world the most convenient and trustworthy digital currency services.  That's BTCC, and that's our passion.

I'm sure there are others out there, who wants to make physical bitcoins in a non-profit fashion.  I think that's also great and I commend them.  (As a consumer, I'm sure you would prefer to get everything you want, at the cheapest price.)

However, for us, we are operating as a company, spending money in R&D and marketing, and even created a really nice video showcasing the creation process of our Titanium physical bitcoins.  Hope you've watched and enjoyed that video.  These things take real effort; many employees involved, and real amounts of money.

Here's a link to the video again, in case you haven't seen it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkmYwsd-VzU

In terms of the material, Titanium versus precious metal:  I've answered this before, in many ways, I truly feel that Titanium is better than gold or silver for physical bitcoins.  As you know, gold and silver, due to the precious metal nature, is still restricted at customs and border controls when going in/out of a country.  Do you really want to deal with that hassle when moving your physical bitcoins?  Besides, here's the most important question: Are you really buying the physical bitcoin for its (precious) metal value, or is it the bitcoin and the uniqueness of the newly mined bitcoin that is truly valuable?  I like the latter, and not the former.

With your help and support, we hope to be successful with this new line of business at BTCC.  And if we are, then we promise to continue to bring you more great products from BTCC Mint.  Trust me, there's lots more coming!  ;-)

thanks,
Bobby
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:41:35 PM

Really nicely done!  I like it.

1) the 50 address in your first 2 blocks (393716 & 393816) are actually NOT mined by us at BTCC.  Therefore, they were not part of any BTCC Mint coins at all.  I'm not sure how your algorithm picked up these two blocks.  If you could, please remove it from your DB so that users have more accurate information.

2) the next 4 blocks (394051, 394111, 405240, and 405251) were ours, but actually mined into our "artists proof" coins.  These are not the ones you see for sale now.  We've been using them for testing, which is why you see some redemptions. We have also saved some as souvenirs, and given some away to people.

3) blocks 409881 and onwards, are truly the 2016 V Series, One Bitcoin editions, made of Titanium.  Some early ones here have also been used for testing, photo shoots, and some damaged ones have been redeemed, etc.

thanks,
Bobby

Anduck, if you want to determine which blocks are for BTCC Mint coins, you can look for the "BTCC" in the coinbase block header of the transaction.  All BTCC Mint coins should have that in the header of coinbase.

This should help you filter out all of the non-BTCC blocks.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:17:33 PM

Really nicely done!  I like it.

1) the 50 address in your first 2 blocks (393716 & 393816) are actually NOT mined by us at BTCC.  Therefore, they were not part of any BTCC Mint coins at all.  I'm not sure how your algorithm picked up these two blocks.  If you could, please remove it from your DB so that users have more accurate information.

2) the next 4 blocks (394051, 394111, 405240, and 405251) were ours, but actually mined into our "artists proof" coins.  These are not the ones you see for sale now.  We've been using them for testing, which is why you see some redemptions. We have also saved some as souvenirs, and given some away to people.

3) blocks 409881 and onwards, are truly the 2016 V Series, One Bitcoin editions, made of Titanium.  Some early ones here have also been used for testing, photo shoots, and some damaged ones have been redeemed, etc.

thanks,
Bobby

Anduck, if you want to determine which blocks are for BTCC Mint coins, you can look for the "BTCC" in the coinbase block header of the transaction.  All BTCC Mint coins should have that in the header of coinbase.

This should help you filter out all of the non-BTCC blocks.

Thanks, Bobby!

Good feedback. I've now set the system to only look for BTCC-mined blocks. Also updated the site a little - shows the Five Bitcoin series coins now too.

These coins are definitely cool! I really like the material choice and that the bitcoins are mined straight into them.

-A

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:42:27 PM

Yes, it is pricey.  1 BTC premium is not cheap, and we fully understand that.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address this issue on price.

The reason is simple: We are a real business and we want to make a profit, so that we can continue to operate, and fulfill our vision and mission of bringing to the world the most convenient and trustworthy digital currency services.  That's BTCC, and that's our passion.

I'm sure there are others out there, who wants to make physical bitcoins in a non-profit fashion.  I think that's also great and I commend them.  (As a consumer, I'm sure you would prefer to get everything you want, at the cheapest price.)

However, for us, we are operating as a company, spending money in R&D and marketing, and even created a really nice video showcasing the creation process of our Titanium physical bitcoins.  Hope you've watched and enjoyed that video.  These things take real effort; many employees involved, and real amounts of money.

Here's a link to the video again, in case you haven't seen it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkmYwsd-VzU

In terms of the material, Titanium versus precious metal:  I've answered this before, in many ways, I truly feel that Titanium is better than gold or silver for physical bitcoins.  As you know, gold and silver, due to the precious metal nature, is still restricted at customs and border controls when going in/out of a country.  Do you really want to deal with that hassle when moving your physical bitcoins?  Besides, here's the most important question: Are you really buying the physical bitcoin for its (precious) metal value, or is it the bitcoin and the uniqueness of the newly mined bitcoin that is truly valuable?  I like the latter, and not the former.

With your help and support, we hope to be successful with this new line of business at BTCC.  And if we are, then we promise to continue to bring you more great products from BTCC Mint.  Trust me, there's lots more coming!  ;-)

thanks,
Bobby

Hi Bobby,
I have some feedback regarding the 1 btc coin.  I've observed what appear to be air bubbles under the hologram sticker on some coins.  Another alternative is that it's dust or particles between the hologram sticker and the surface of the coin.  Hopefully this helps with improving your quality control.  Also, some coins have tiny dings that appear to be post-manufacturing process, maybe during handling.  As a collector, I'm crazy about perfect quality Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: