Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:28:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked BitcoinTalk Data Finally Surfaces On Dark Net  (Read 2855 times)
pandalion98

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 04:40:25 AM

My account was hacked but i can not get an email to get it back, they changed the email account?  Cry
Have no staked address that can sign a message from.
So what are my options here?

My account is west man!

Please someone help because the ones I have pm'd are not responding anymore.

My account is satoshi! They disabled my account! It got stolen!
I have no staked address so I can't sign message. I PM'd theymos but he won't reply.
My account is satoshi!

See my point? Unfortunately, if you can't positively identify yourself as an owner of an account, you can't have it back basically.
I suggest you take this as a lesson learned the hard way. Stake a proof, be it an address or PGP signature or whatever. Keep them safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beeframen

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:47:58 AM

My account was hacked but i can not get an email to get it back, they changed the email account?  Cry

My account is west man!

What rank dude? Senior or hero member? I think you are so unlucky. Hackers only want to hack high rank accounts. Very dangerous.
wavespump

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:50:34 AM

Is this news legit or fake? If the database was really leaked, theymos would announce it. He announced it in 2015 hack, so he is transparent about all hack cases. No need to hide if the forum is hacked.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:21:40 AM

My account is west man!

There isn't a way to recover it.
Admins state they only accept signed messages of staked addresses.
You may be able to recover it some other way such as proving ownership of the IP you reach this forum by (but that's unlikely)!
ihanaihana

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:26:42 AM

My account is west man!

You may be able to recover it some other way such as proving ownership of the IP you reach this forum by (but that's unlikely)!

It is illogical to unable to recover the account, there is secondary password. Other sites or forums have password recover, and can't change the email by entering the password, there must be a confirmation of old email confirmation to modify the new email.

░▄░░▄▄▄
█░█░█▄▀ | ARK.io | Token Exchange - 7 NOV 2016 |
█░█░█▀▄ | PUTTING THE CURRENCY BACK INTO CRYPTO. |
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:31:17 AM

My account is west man!

It is illogical to unable to recover the account, there is secondary password. Other sites or forums have password recover, and can't change the email by entering the password, there must be a confirmation of old email confirmation to modify the new email.

Yes, the secondary password is a staked address!
I doubt any other method of recovering the account have been out in place. As buying and selling of accounts is fully accepted here.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:13:58 PM

My account is west man!

This is probably the main problem of Bitcointalk account security, people can easily change their email without any notification/permission from the old email. I think this should be fixed because in my opinion email is the last way for the users to recover their account. Because usually, people will have a good security on their email address and most of email services will require the users to have a very strong password and even with 2FA.

faucet used to be profitable
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:16:09 PM

My account is west man!

This is probably the main problem of Bitcointalk account security, people can easily change their email without any notification/permission from the old email. I think this should be fixed because in my opinion email is the last way for the users to recover their account. Because usually, people will have a good security on their email address and most of email services will require the users to have a very strong password and even with 2FA.

That is certainly true. This is a big problem for all users of the account bitcointalk, however I think if indeed it happens is definitely Admin Bitcointalk have an effective way of doing our account recovery affected by the hacking. Because I see that every single thing we do in the forums always on record by the system
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: