Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:28:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Things you've never tried although your friends swear they're delicious.  (Read 967 times)
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 09:55:57 PM

Cow tongue.  My euro friends say it's to die for, but I'm not so sure.  The idea of eating that part isn't all that appealing.  In the say way pigs feet and sheep intestines and whatever else.  I think I'll have to pass and stay with what I know is good.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:16:53 PM

My dad, being originally from Europe, enjoyed French fries dipped in mayonnaise. I tried it and ended up loving them that way.

Today, I picked mushrooms from the backyard and fried them up with onions, garlic and eggs, all scrambled together, then topped the plateful of the concoction with strawberry jam (not jelly, having used such in the pass). Since the meal, I still can't get the song Incense And Peppermints from Strawberry Alarm Clock outta my head.

oh yeah - french fries and a bit of mayo is actually pretty good.
i'm originally from europe as well so can relate haha

jam and eggs? no thanks

When I first moved down South in the mid-80's, the convenience store sold sausage, egg and cheese on biscuit sandwiches. I quickly noticed that the locals where putting grape jelly on their sandwiches, with I saying to myself WTF! Then, it occurred to me that I used to enjoy plain egg omelettes with my grandfather with jelly/jam on top, so I gave it a try. Fuckin' awesome!

Cow tongue.  My euro friends say it's to die for, but I'm not so sure.  The idea of eating that part isn't all that appealing.  In the say way pigs feet and sheep intestines and whatever else.  I think I'll have to pass and stay with what I know is good.

Dad and grandparents on his side used to eat cow tongue, pigs feet and pigs tail. I truly enjoyed the pigs tail, having never tried the other two, nor tried tripe.

Edit: Have tried tripe soup and found okay. Also enjoy scrambled eggs and brains.
High Plains Drifter

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:51:13 AM

I hear pig's ear has quite the following

Believe in the Shield!
844bankbtc

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

A fool and his bitcoin are soon parted.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 03:12:51 AM

The grilled cheese donut

I waited awhile to try it because it sounded disgusting but I was wrong, it is delicious
http://www.tomandchee.com/TomandChee-Menu.pdf

I sell Bitcoin for cash. If interested contact me at www.844bankbtc.com (please, do NOT send PMs)

The best way to contact us is through Signal @844bankbtc
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:53:30 AM

I hear pig's ear has quite the following

Shit, I forgot about the ears and eyes. Yes, eyes, having seen my grandmother pluck them for herself as reward for cooking the meal. Then she bit into a slice of Limburger cheese as a chaser while I ground away on the coffee grinder firmly locked in place between my thighs. I remember it like it was just yesterday... make that like it was just a few minutes ago. So vivid! I can even see the peppercorns floating in the pigtail soup, its broth turned into gravy for the fluffed potatoes and Brussels sprout. If there's a heaven, this is what God eats.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: