Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:14:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can so many new alts affect of dilute Bitcoin investments?  (Read 964 times)
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:40:43 PM

Nah I don't think, bitcoin will still remain the most popular. In past few months many new alt coins have come but I hardly know or care to know any of them, maybe only eth, which has been somewhat popular but still can't get as much attention as bitcoin.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:53:57 PM

Nah I don't think, bitcoin will still remain the most popular. In past few months many new alt coins have come but I hardly know or care to know any of them, maybe only eth, which has been somewhat popular but still can't get as much attention as bitcoin.

What about Factom, Lisk and starting tomorrow, DAO? True, these re mostly tokens but still, the principle is the same.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:51:56 AM

Heh, BTC seems to be increasing in price. Maybe that negates my question.

Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:44:41 AM

Most new altcoin will die, but before they die, people need bitcoin to buy them, that will increase the value.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:45:48 AM

Today the price has gone much high than yesterday's. It reached $500 but didn't sustained long. This growth indicates that alts won't affect bitcoin any instance.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:25:01 AM

Today the price has gone much high than yesterday's. It reached $500 but didn't sustained long. This growth indicates that alts won't affect bitcoin any instance.

It may be just another pump and dump but something tells me we ve got a real deal this time. The fun part is we have 2 more months before halving. Interesting times ahead.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:39:16 AM

there always have been so many altcoins in the market and so many being created each month. but they can no affect bitcoin market because 95% of them are just pump and dump coins which have copied their code from another altcoin or bitcoin without any new features.

there is a small percentage (5% in best case scenario) which is good alts but even those are mostly being pump and dumped.

so all these altcoins are only helping investors make more profit on their bitcoin amount.

Only Bitcoin
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 10:45:39 AM

Well, there is the question. So many new coins and tokens being published on a weekly basis. Can all these coins affect BTC in any way? Can they drive investments away from BTC and if they can, what s the whole point? Personally, I am always for innovations but recently, I cant keep up with all these new opportunities and I do not think the market s wide enough to let all of these coexists.

I totally agree with you that there are many new altcoin are being launch almost weekly but I doubt if they can drive us from bitcoin because you cannot change these altcoin to fiat you still need to convert them to bitcoin ,I think they compliment the power of bitcoin we just need to restrict scam coin to avoid diluting the market..

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:33:48 PM

Also there is the fact that lots of these "innovative" coins and ICOs get funded after all. Otherwise they would not continue to get published day after day. Competition s always good, I m always for that but I wonder how wide can crypto market become before it s saturated.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: