Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:06:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you watch The<Star Wars: The Force Awakens> "?  (Read 2191 times)
gambino

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:14:09 PM

I was really disapointed ... as a major star wars fan i can say that watching that was like watching the previous movies joined all together  ... nothing new ... nothing exceptional ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:26:31 PM

My kids turn 7 tomorrow, I was 7 when the first Star Wars hit the theater and my step dad took me.  I remember I loved the shit out of it.  Looking back at that original movie, even with the changes added a couple years back, it was really not put together well.  I have no specific issues with the original, just saying that as an adult i see many things in low quality that i missed as a kid.  I still love the first three, do not get me wrong

So, i took the kids to see Awakens almost as a legacy for what i did when i was a kid.  it is really hard the past few years to get deeply into any movie.  it seems my attention is drawn away by the myriad of things i have to get done.  i was not so much disappointed in the latest as disappointed in the bad guy

picture me as a kid of 7, 10 and i think 13, waiting more than five years to see Darth Vader without the mask.  there was no internet, no sneak previews or spoilers, you could not even look up the actor in the way you can today.  it was the anticipation when i was young and the "Secrets" behind the masks, Darth Vader, Jason, Michael Myers, i went to movie after movie waiting for the mask to slip off

less than halfway into Awakens the girl says he should take his mask off and boom, casual as anything there goes the mask.  i thought it was almost funny the way it was so casual and meaningless.  i just wish my kids could have that same five year wait for something to happen.  and Kylo just was not the ominous creature that Darth Vader was, he was more like a confused three year old with his tantrums.  I suppose people are people and he has his personality, based on a fractured past, but it is a story and you can make him however you want.  hard to see a person with that off-handle personality rising through the ranks of any serious government/tyranny

BUT, best thing ever was the beginning, kylo was holding the mounted cannon laser back the entire time he was on the surface and as he leaves it continues forward, scaring the shit out of some storm troopers, classic moment
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: