Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:55:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poker and the shared pot at the table in a decentralised network  (Read 14663 times)
kopes18

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:21:07 AM

What do you think about the website like just-dice? Is that 'fair' enough?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 02:14:40 PM

I'm adding updates about the Cypherpoker project here in this discussion:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206150.0

I'm not the dev.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
DuddlyDoRight

Activity: 318
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 02:36:13 AM

I have a network of UDP push servers that synchronize with PKI encrypted data on separate threads and sockets. That's for my poker app.

I actually have accounts on HTTP initially and a daemon transmits to a low-ping peer that sends it on. I use a time-stamp for the sync-check on each peer.

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:09:08 PM

your biggest problem with p2p poker is not the shared pot but to deal unique cards without central authority.

this can be solved by dealing not unique cards and cancelling the game if the same card appears twice e.g. on showdown.

but it is not texas holdem any more.
DuddlyDoRight

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 11:02:12 PM

your biggest problem with p2p poker is not the shared pot but to deal unique cards without central authority.

this can be solved by dealing not unique cards and cancelling the game if the same card appears twice e.g. on showdown.

but it is not texas holdem any more.

I just don't allow clients to switch servers at live tables and have a delay for users at the same table on a peer with a later sync in seconds.

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
dragansk1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:43:16 PM

I play poker online sometimes and most of it on Poker Stars and i notice that there are so much unlogical set up games that are not fair and confused me about how that can happened and makes me thing again about wasting my money although its fucking addictible. Your idea about decentralized network is interesting and i am with you about changing something in controlling this games because it would be great step for better games and chances about the players. The truth is that we can only elaborating that here and no one will make a move about that because it is with plan and strategy predicted business for stealing money from fools. No one will agree with changing something that can make them disfigured and unsecure, belive me.
DuddlyDoRight

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 12:03:20 AM

I play poker online sometimes and most of it on Poker Stars and i notice that there are so much unlogical set up games that are not fair and confused me about how that can happened and makes me thing again about wasting my money although its fucking addictible. Your idea about decentralized network is interesting and i am with you about changing something in controlling this games because it would be great step for better games and chances about the players. The truth is that we can only elaborating that here and no one will make a move about that because it is with plan and strategy predicted business for stealing money from fools. No one will agree with changing something that can make them disfigured and unsecure, belive me.

It's not really that big of a problem. It's a high risk now because certain bitcoin card game app owners have bad developers or no developers at all and are contracting with lowest-bid.. It's a stretch to expect them to put time in to network engineering.

My app and server have none of the issues mentioned here and I know cause I designed, coded, and tested all of it using cases just like these.. I've had plenty who looked like they knew what they were doing try to find a glitch too..

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: