Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:43:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Page Touts ‘Health Benefits’ of Islamic Female Genital Mutilation  (Read 1286 times)
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 07:25:59 AM

They have more than one stupid book they must read apparently.  Vika is technically correct, apparently.

Quran is enough, and there is nothing about.

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:03:01 PM

There is no concept of Female circumcision in mainstream Islam. I just got to know about it here. Stupid misinformate faggots create such pages/threads to get attention.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:22:07 PM

There is no concept of Female circumcision in mainstream Islam. I just got to know about it here. Stupid misinformate faggots create such pages/threads to get attention.

Please explain this further.  Are you saying it does not exist in Saudi, Pakistan, or Egypt?
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:28:20 PM

Please explain this further.  Are you saying it does not exist in Saudi, Pakistan, or Egypt?
I live in Pakistan which is 20% of total Muslim population world wide and never in my life I ever heard about such a thing.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:45:08 PM

There is no Quran text to "female mutilation" - 100% guarantee, and Islam have nothing in it.
Go read your stupid book again..

The fitrah is five things, including circumcision

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khitan_%28circumcision%29

They have more than one stupid book they must read apparently.  Vika is technically correct, apparently.
How many of these books is thee..Still all to do with shitty ISLAM Cheesy..No ISLAM we have peace Grin..WELL maybe not i am sure something else will pop up knowing us humans..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:54:18 PM

your lover is a bad dancer..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ1IoZD7Y5E
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:00:25 PM

Please explain this further.  Are you saying it does not exist in Saudi, Pakistan, or Egypt?
I live in Pakistan which is 20% of total Muslim population world wide and never in my life I ever heard about such a thing.
I am not surprised you never heard such things..Do you Know what a toilet is..

“The Messenger of Allaah () said: ‘Five things are part of the fitrah: removing the pubic hair, circumcision, trimming the moustache, plucking the armpit hairs, and trimming the nails.”
[Saheeh Bukhari]

What is meant by these five things being part of the fitrah is that when they are done, this is in accordance with the natural pattern on which Allaah made mankind and urged them to follow, so that they will be better and more perfect.This is the ancient sunnah (way) which was followed by all the Prophets and which was enjoined by all the laws they brought. It is a natural and innate way.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:08:56 PM

Here is wikipedia, but note it's source material is somewhat dated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country

Female genital mutilation is practiced among some Pakistani communities, according to sources dated to the 1990s and 2000s.[169] Gibeau reports, for example, FGM is widespread in Bohra Muslims of Pakistan[14][229] The Sheedi Muslim community of Pakistan, considered to be of Arab-African origins, practice FGM.[230] The practice is also found in Muslim communities near Pakistan's Iran-Balochistan border.[231]
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:42:12 PM

FGM is not prevalent in South Asia. As of now, it is limited to Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle-East. The highest prevalence can be noted in Sudan and Egypt. It has spread to the European Union, as a result of immigration from the above mentioned regions.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:38:14 PM

FGM is not prevalent in South Asia. As of now, it is limited to Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle-East. The highest prevalence can be noted in Sudan and Egypt. It has spread to the European Union, as a result of immigration from the above mentioned regions.

Sounds about right.

I wonder about the social consequences of a culture where virtually no woman could experience sexual pleasure, where no woman could climax and achieve orgasm.

It's a sort of "enforced chastity."  Seems like there was a similar thing in post-Vietnam War era Cambodia, where all the men and women were segregated into separate living quarters.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:47:25 PM

Egyptian Girl Dies From Botched Female Genital Mutilation Surgery

Last Sunday, a 17-year-old Egyptian girl, Manar Moussa, died in a Suez hospital as a result of complications from a female genital mutilation (FGM) operation—and her death has reignited the country’s contentious debate about the practice.

Although FGM has been illegal in Egypt since 2008, it is still a common procedure—particularly in more rural, conservative areas of the country. And even with a national campaign to reduce the practice by 10-15 percent over the next five years, many parents still believe that the operation “purifies” girls and keeps them from being adulterous later in life.

“It gives a girl more dignity to remove [her clitoris]” Dr. Ahmed al-Mashady told the Guardian, after another doctor was charged with killing a 13-year-old girl in a botched FGM procedure.

“If your nails are dirty, don’t you cut them?”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/01/egyptian-girl-dies-from-botched-fgm-surgery.html

------------------------------------------
This is what facebook is calling "health benefits"...

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:15:28 PM

“It gives a girl more dignity to remove [her clitoris]” Dr. Ahmed al-Mashady told the Guardian, after another doctor was charged with killing a 13-year-old girl in a botched FGM procedure.

I don't understand Islam. Why it concentrates so much on sexual organs (for example, removal of cltoris, circumcission of penis.etc). Usage of condoms is banned in Islam, so is family planning and population control. Also, why male doctors are allowed to perform clitoris removal of under-age girls? This religion reeks of hypocrisy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: