Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:42:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unfair Scammer Judgements  (Read 3354 times)
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:44:02 AM

Of course it is the case. The operators of this page are in the shadows, only crooks need to operate in secrecy. They dont care who gets robbed. Just ask yourself who operates a business that you aren't allowed to see? Fucking bitcoin is full of pieces of shit.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 04:39:45 PM

danieldaniel, aren't you 14?  You have NO BUSINESS entering into contracts with other people, because they mean nothing in the eyes of the law.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
danieldaniel (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:42:42 PM

danieldaniel, aren't you 14?  You have NO BUSINESS entering into contracts with other people, because they mean nothing in the eyes of the law.
*Sigh*  So, what you're saying is that I can't sign up for an account on any website on the internet?  The ToS's count as contracts.

And, also, isn't one of the points of Bitcoin that it's free from any centralized government?  This, in turn, should mean that anyone could use it.

I'm not saying that I am free from the law (I'm not), but that I should be allowed to use Bitcoin.  

Also, you're assuming that any contract that I make would go to court.  I just want to point out that almost none of broken contracts in this forum go to court.

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:30:33 PM

danieldaniel, aren't you 14?  You have NO BUSINESS entering into contracts with other people, because they mean nothing in the eyes of the law.

There are three stages of consensus:

1. Negotiation. The two parties discuss the situation with each other and attempt to reach an acceptable solution. Being a minor does not affect this stage at all. 99% of disputes are resolved in this stage.
2. Mediation. The two parties discuss the situation with a third party and the third party proposes an acceptable solution the two parties ratify. Again, there is no reason why being a minor affects this stage. 0.99% of disputes are resolved in this stage.
3. Arbitration. Here, and only here, does the law come in. A third party enforces a solution upon the two parties to ensure consensus. If a minor is entering a contract, the contract may be declared void by the arbiter. 0.01% of disputes are resolved in this stage.

There is no reason a 14-year-old has no business entering contracts, because the law only handles 0.01% of cases. Most cases are resolved through the cheaper methods of negotiation or mediation.
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:37:52 PM

1. Negotiation. The two parties discuss the situation with each other and attempt to reach an acceptable solution. Being a minor does not affect this stage at all. 99% of disputes are resolved in this stage.
2. Mediation. The two parties discuss the situation with a third party and the third party proposes an acceptable solution the two parties ratify. Again, there is no reason why being a minor affects this stage. 0.99% of disputes are resolved in this stage.
3. Arbitration. Here, and only here, does the law come in. A third party enforces a solution upon the two parties to ensure consensus. If a minor is entering a contract, the contract may be declared void by the arbiter. 0.01% of disputes are resolved in this stage.

There is no reason a 14-year-old has no business entering contracts, because the law only handles 0.01% of cases. Most cases are resolved through the cheaper methods of negotiation or mediation.
That's a pretty good way to sum it up.  Thanks!

vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:50:50 PM

Contracts with minors aren't enforceable. There is nothing else to add.

All three steps are optional and not enforceable.
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 06:56:38 PM

Contracts with minors aren't enforceable. There is nothing else to add.

All three steps are optional and not enforceable.

To be honest, are any of the contracts on these forums really enforceable?  It's not like there are any formal written contracts for 99% of these deals.  Any lawyer could find a loophole in them.

IANAL

vampire

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:02:40 PM

To be honest, are any of the contracts on these forums really enforceable?  It's not like there are any formal written contracts for 99% of these deals.  Any lawyer could find a loophole in them.

IANAL

Too expensive to enforce. People just take a loss. For an example I could sue anyone in NY state, but it's at least $40 filling fee for a small claim court.
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:05:16 PM

IANAL

Too expensive to enforce. People just take a loss. For an example I could sue anyone in NY state, but it's at least $40 filling fee for a small claim court.
I'm not really trying to "enforce" anything, I just want him to get a scammer tag so he can't scam anyone else (at least under this nick).

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:11:23 PM

When companies are honest it doesn't matter if the other party is 14 years old or not.
They just pay what they win.

Fact: I know 14 y.o. "kids" who make more in 1 month doing affiliate marketing than their parents do in the entire year working in their jobs. And the marketing networks pay them what they owe them, they don't come saying that contracts with 14 y.o. "kids" aren't enforceable, so cut the crap with his age.
vampire

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:16:50 PM

When companies are honest it doesn't matter if the other party is 14 years old or not.

Fact: I know 14 y.o. "kids" who make more in 1 month doing affiliate marketing than their parents do in the entire year working in their jobs. And the marketing networks pay them what they owe them, they don't come saying that contracts with 14 y.o. "kids" aren't enforceable, so cut the crap with his age.

Most likely that these companies don't know that they deal with 14 y/o. Even World of Warcraft requires an adult. To be more specific, the company cannot force a minor to do anything, but a company cannot void a contract. Only minors can.

Andrew bitcoiner is probably a scammer, but it's theymos' rules and he doesn't really follow contract law in US.
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:18:30 PM

Most likely that these companies don't know that they deal with 14 y/o. Even World of Warcraft requires an adult.

So it's legal to steal from 14 year-olds?  Seems legit.

vampire

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:24:05 PM

So it's legal to steal from 14 year-olds?  Seems legit.

Of course not. The contract will be voided and restitutions must be made.

Lets clarify even more. Andrew Bitcoiner cannot use TOS against you.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 07:27:07 PM

*Sigh*  So, what you're saying is that I can't sign up for an account on any website on the internet?  The ToS's count as contracts.

Absolutely.  if a website says you have to be older than a certain age to sign up, and you aren't, but you signup anyway - YES, you are scamming them.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:28:26 PM

Alright.  I'll play along with this BS.  The contract cannot be voided unless it's taken to court and be ordered voided.  So it's still a legal contract.

A 14 year old can make a contract, it just can't be legally enforced in court.

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:29:19 PM

Absolutely.  if a website says you have to be older than a certain age to sign up, and you aren't, but you signup anyway - YES, you are scamming them.
Oh, REALLY?  I'll play along with this shit too.  He didn't have a sign-up age.

Also, just so you know, lying =/= scamming.  Idiot.

vampire

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:31:08 PM

Alright.  I'll play along with this BS.  The contract cannot be voided unless it's taken to court and be ordered voided.  So it's still a legal contract.

Re-read my last two posts, I clarified them.
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:32:29 PM

You still need to read the thread again.  Hint: There wasn't a ToS. 

This is why theymos won't give him a tag.  Because he didn't have a ToS that said he couldn't steal my Bitcoins.

vampire

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:33:29 PM

You still need to read the thread again.  Hint: There wasn't a ToS.  

This is why theymos won't give him a tag.  Because he didn't have a ToS that said he couldn't steal my Bitcoins.

You should probably re-read them again. :-) Simply because only a minor can void a contract, not the counter party unless a minor lied about his age and there is no contract.
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:40:17 PM

You still need to read the thread again.  Hint: There wasn't a ToS.  

This is why theymos won't give him a tag.  Because he didn't have a ToS that said he couldn't steal my Bitcoins.

You should probably re-read them again. :-) Simply because only a minor can void a contract, not the counter party unless a minor lied about his age and there is no contract.
Oh, I see what you mean.  Good point!

So, mlawrence: I didn't lie about my age.  Contract is valid.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: