Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - API Documentation Now Available  (Read 1138 times)
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 08:32:39 AM

https://beta.kraken.com/help/api

Input, bug reports greatly appreciated.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:36:22 PM

Hmmm, what format is the return data? XML? JSON? I have no idea from looking at your docs.

Separate the description of what is returned from the actual data returned. Do this by including actual example data returned from the API.

Do you have any reference implementations?

Cheers, Paul.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:14:50 PM

Hmmm, what format is the return data? XML? JSON? I have no idea from looking at your docs.

Near the top of the doc it says, "Responses are JSON encoded in the form of:"

Separate the description of what is returned from the actual data returned. Do this by including actual example data returned from the API.

Suggestion noted. For now, at least, you can try it out to see the response.

Do you have any reference implementations?

http://krakenapi.everdot.org/API/

There's a reference implementation there in python. But it's for an older doc that has changed. Still it might be helpful, and may get updated soon. 

-D
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:11:50 PM

Must have missed that - but what caused me to be more confused was that the response data field names appear to have '-' symbols in them, making them unsuitable for json decoded to object format in most languages (since variables cannot have minus signs in the names); they will only ever be able to be decoded into associative array format. This made me think it was actually XML I was looking at.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:56:50 PM

Must have missed that - but what caused me to be more confused was that the response data field names appear to have '-' symbols in them, making them unsuitable for json decoded to object format in most languages (since variables cannot have minus signs in the names); they will only ever be able to be decoded into associative array format. This made me think it was actually XML I was looking at.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. The aimed-at format was for associative arrays. But it can be changed to work for languages that decode to variables instead.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: