Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Account Hacked (Account Locked) [Resolved]  (Read 3059 times)
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:49:00 PM

I think poloneix is one of the best exchange on the internet , I use it from long time without any problem .
For passwords problem , I suggest to use multi passwords with a relationship between them , that will help you to remember all passwords easily , but for sure I am using unique e-mails and passwords where I have money like poloenix and blockchain and others .....
MataKhobRazi (OP)

Activity: 876
Merit: 568

( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:58:45 PM

They finally contacted me. My account is unlocked.

Bitcoin : The Only One
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:49:48 PM

What did they say about the delay in processing your request? What was the lead time before they resolve your issue?

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1432

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:58:33 PM

Someone from Russia (apparently) has found a way to steal the password of my poloniex account. Fortunately, I received an email from poloniex saying that an unknown address IP accessed my account and it suggested me to freeze it.

So I froze my account and then I opened a support ticket for that problem. Some minutes later a member ot the staff announced me that he will send me a new password to connect to my account but only after I "protected my email address with 2FA security". I responded just six minutes later that my gmail address was ok.

But the staff didn't send me the new password. It makes almost two days now and they are not answering to my questions for 1 day now. I wanted to sell some altcoins earlier, but with that problem I lost about 300$ because the alt I wanted to sell went down during this time...

Did you have similar problems with poloniex ? Is it normal that they are taking so much time for this ? Someone hacked my account, they should be a little bit more reactiv for theses kind of circumstances...

Always, ALWAYS activate 2FA.  I cannot stress this enough.  We are dealing with money here, no matter how big or small, part of the responsibility rests on our shoulders.  We are dealing in crypto to somehow move funds around online without banks.  Everything is all under our control.  It's really liberating.  But this comes with its short comings also...  So we need to protect ourselves.

2FA makes it really hard for hackers to get in your account.  So everyone be sure to turn it on to avoid any problems like OP's.  I personally have a 2FA app installed in an old ipod touch which I never ever use to go online.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1432

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:00:45 PM

Then please change the thread title to "resolved".  See?  Poloniex really is one of the best out there.  I never had any problems with them.  I highly recommend them for ETH trading as the volume and liquidity are good.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MataKhobRazi (OP)

Activity: 876
Merit: 568

( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:51:17 PM

What did they say about the delay in processing your request? What was the lead time before they resolve your issue?

They didn't say anything about the delay. They just told me that they are acting in my interest and they pay attention to save my funds. After they contacted me, it just took 20-30 minutes to unlock my account. At first, they gave me the access to my account but only for reentering my personal informations [I couldn't trade] ; it was for controlling my IP and the fact that I was the real owner of the account. After having written my personal informations, they asked me to activate the 2FA security. So I did it and then they completely unlocked my account.

Always, ALWAYS activate 2FA.  I cannot stress this enough.  We are dealing with money here, no matter how big or small, part of the responsibility rests on our shoulders.  We are dealing in crypto to somehow move funds around online without banks.  Everything is all under our control.  It's really liberating.  But this comes with its short comings also...  So we need to protect ourselves.

2FA makes it really hard for hackers to get in your account.  So everyone be sure to turn it on to avoid any problems like OP's.  I personally have a 2FA app installed in an old ipod touch which I never ever use to go online.

Yes, I learned it now^^. Fortunately, I didn't lose anything. My funds are there.

[...] Poloniex really is one of the best out there.  I never had any problems with them.  I highly recommend them for ETH trading as the volume and liquidity are good.

I agree. I think I will keep using their service. They are really great. If they took time with my case, it is maybe because they didn't want to take the risk to give the access to my account to the eventual hacker. They were probably waiting to verify if an another person woundn't eventually request the ownership of the account...

I just regret that they were not answering to my questions for days.

Bitcoin : The Only One
kavjlaeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 08:03:35 PM

my account lock without hack, 7 day ago.
every day send ticket support, but no realy answer..only BOT answer.

two day ago recieved stupid answer:

hello
I am sorry for the delay, I have locked your Poloniex account and I have reasons to believe your email address is compromised, please change its password and enable 2FA security on your email provider immediately, the attacker may be able to see this and try to lock you out, please act fast.

Make sure there are no remote assistance software enabled on your computer like Team View or VNC.

Once your email account is secured reply to this message and we will proceed.

Best regards,

Johnny Garcia
Poloniex Support
=====

My email address  is not compromised, and have 2FA.
When I withdrawals 1.0 BTC  my account has been blocked.
Support only bot`s or does nothing for more than a week, only this stupid answer from Garcia sent.
In the last week several more cases of blocking when the withdrawal of 1 bitcoin.
Why?
Cedivael

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:44:15 PM

Hi, I just have the same problem with Poloniex, not answering to my secruity breach for 12 DAYS now, can you believe this!
Exactly same as yours an unknown, IP (from Poland) entered my account, so I frooze it.
As written in above I will try to open a new account a try via the chat...
Let's See.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: