Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:55:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-04 guardian.co.uk - business  (Read 942 times)
lunarboy (OP)

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:26:31 PM

The National and mainstream liberal newpaper from the uk   Shocked

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/mar/04/bitcoin-currency-of-vice

"The future of money may or may not include a Federal Reserve Bank of Amazon, but it probably does involve the gradual decentralisation and democratisation of currency. Virtual currencies aren't just a new-fangled sort of Monopoly money. Rather, they may just be the thing that ends the monopoly on money."

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yucca

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 09:12:33 PM

I was about to post the article here, only to find you did it first.

I was suprised at how bullish the article was for bitcoin. It will certainly attract more users/speculators.

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:55:28 PM

Good lessons in responding to criticism to be had in the comments.

"Swanmaster" is far too aggressive in my opinion. "bEdwards" does the right thing by agreeing with reasonable portions of criticism and building on that agreement to show things aren't as simple as they seem. (Although claiming people don't hoard bitcoins is a bit ludicrous, on the face of it.)

Incidentally, the main critic in the comments responds to "Swanmaster" but entirely ignores "bEdwards"...

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: