Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:16:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripped off by John Apai with email sriddle47@live.com ? Was on Bitmit...  (Read 687 times)
timmah (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:51:19 PM

Hi,

If this is not the right place to post please let me know and I will post it in the correct forum.

I had made a deal to purchase a 2k Amazon gift card with this guy for 3.6 btc worth $1500 at that time.

I've purchased from this person before on Bitmit and received my gift cards with no issue.  About 2k in total through Bitmit so I thought this would be safe and legit.

Here is the email he sent:
I'm offering amazon gift cards for sale @ blockchains rate, sadly bitmit has gone down hopefully they will be back up again. I still wonder why an ebay of bitcoins that was running smooth as hell would close down. anyways if you are interested, please write me. If you are receiving this email it means you've ordered giftcards from me before.

Here is a link to my bitmit user page

https://www.bitmit.net/en/user/sriddle47

first come first serve.

Thank you.

-----------------

I've sent my coins to him and have heard nothing about it at all once I made payment.  Before that he was more than willing to answer my questions.  Although the wallet he had asked me to send the btc to has not been moved or anything.  It is just sitting there and the person is MIA.  I would think if was going to scam that the funds would have already be moved to another address.

If any others have had the same thing happen please let me know or if someone knows this guy and what happened here.

I really need the Amazon gift cards...

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrypticBits

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:53:07 PM

Same thing happened to me.. I always ordered cigarettes of the well-known seller "only", yet all of a sudden he stopped sending me cigarettes even though I've ordered for thousands of dollars at him before.
(But if you're looking for amazon cards, I sell them too;D)
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:53:08 PM

Do you have his address?
timmah (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:38:05 PM

Do you have his address?

His physical address?  No, as I only purchased Amazon GCs from him that was pasted into the "escrow" section so he never actually sent anything to me.

Why do you ask?

Thanks
timmah (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:48:45 PM

Same thing happened to me.. I always ordered cigarettes of the well-known seller "only", yet all of a sudden he stopped sending me cigarettes even though I've ordered for thousands of dollars at him before.
(But if you're looking for amazon cards, I sell them too;D)

That sucks to hear that too, I don't know why these "sellers" are just screwing their customers as they are basically killing the goose (with the golden eggs Wink.  I would think that they would want to keep a good rep and long term relationship as they would most likely have just continued to sell without having to pay seller fees at Bitmit as well.

I am interested in your Amazon GC's, if you want you can PM me with how many GC's you have to sell and for how much and I would prefer to do the transaction through some escrow service as I can't afford to have that happen to me again.  I'm sure you understand.

Let me know, thanks!
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:48:50 PM

This is the info that comes up for him:

John S Apai    
35 Washington Crossing Pennington Rd
Titusville, NJ 08560   (609) 730-8480  

John Apai