Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:08:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM - Coinabul owe me 81btc  (Read 61614 times)
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:40:46 AM

It seems other active customers are not getting PMs sent back (after weeks). He might just be overwhelmed or well this is the beginning of the end of a large scam.
Or perhaps just the end of a company with shitty customer service.

Respectable people that brought up a company from zero to something and spent lots of time trying to make it work do not leave those companies without a very, very good reason. Trust me, I know.

Like a bag of the companies money?  Wink

You do not know what you are talking about. So shut up.

But I do appreciate why YOU could think only this way,

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:48:08 AM

It seems other active customers are not getting PMs sent back (after weeks). He might just be overwhelmed or well this is the beginning of the end of a large scam.

Respectable people that brought up a company from zero to something and spent lots of time trying to make it work do not leave those companies without a very, very good reason. Trust me, I know.

Like a bag of the companies money?  Wink

Hahahaahaha !
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:41:05 PM

Beginning of the end then?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 04:22:03 PM

Still not resolved?

Lucky for him he didn't make bets on this forum that his ass couldn't cover, otherwise there would be pretty red X's under his name.
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:31:09 PM

Who's the most trusted GOLD seller on this forum?
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 10:57:34 PM

After numerous calls and finally a demand for a refund, I just got a tracking number for an order I placed 8 days ago. I will update when it arrives.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 03:45:42 AM

After numerous calls and finally a demand for a refund, I just got a tracking number for an order I placed 8 days ago. I will update when it arrives.

DHL?
barbarousrelic

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:59:49 AM

DHL?
FedEx.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
barbarousrelic

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:27:24 PM

Order received, and all is good. Coinabul, while maybe they are a bit slow to respond, is decidedly not a scam.

eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:16:36 AM

Programmers rarely have customer service skills.

Yes, but they're frequently able to figure out how to hire somebody who has them.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
bozak

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:24:05 PM

I am on 15 days since my order was placed and I still have a "processing" status.  I have sent 4 emails and received one response saying the order would "most likely" be shipped by the end of the week.  What is the phone number you called?  I haven't tried that yet. 
barbarousrelic

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:32:13 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 03:24:08 PM by barbarousrelic

I am on 15 days since my order was placed and I still have a "processing" status.  I have sent 4 emails and received one response saying the order would "most likely" be shipped by the end of the week.  What is the phone number you called?  I haven't tried that yet.  

In your first "Thank you for your order" email you got after placing the order, there should be a 213 area code phone number, and a 312 area code phone number.

Also, try demanding your Bitcoins back if the order takes too long.

Order received, and all is good. Coinabul, while maybe they are a bit slow to respond, is decidedly not a scam.

Clearly they are. You just happened go be on the lucky side.

Perhaps I define "scam" more narrowly than others here, but to me, for something to be a scam, it has to be intentional. If you try to enter an agreement with someone and events occur which prevents one party from upholding their end of the bargian, or if someone make a mistake and accepts more orders than they can process quickly, or even if they just forget, it's not a scam, it's just bad business. Of course "bad business" might deserve a tag on here as well, as it is just as important to warn others about.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:00:13 AM

Let's see if this is legit or a scam.  I placed an order for 1 coin from their website.

Sent the bitcoins in.  Got the email confirmation of the order.  Called both numbers several time, left voice mails.  no returned phone call.

Sent an email asking for shipping status.

No responses yet.
boonies4u

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:38:15 AM

Let's see if this is legit or a scam.  I placed an order for 1 coin from their website.

Sent the bitcoins in.  Got the email confirmation of the order.  Called both numbers several time, left voice mails.  no returned phone call.

No responses yet.

It is almost 9pm in Wyoming. When did you call the numbers?
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:43:41 AM

Perhaps I define "scam" more narrowly than others here, but to me, for something to be a scam, it has to be intentional. If you try to enter an agreement with someone and events occur which prevents one party from upholding their end of the bargian, or if someone make a mistake and accepts more orders than they can process quickly, or even if they just forget, it's not a scam, it's just bad business. Of course "bad business" might deserve a tag on here as well, as it is just as important to warn others about.
Say a person offers a $1 million meteor strike insurance policy for $15. He figures the odds he'll need to pay out are near zero and he'd like to have $15. He expect to be able to keep his end of the bargain simply by doing nothing. If he takes the $15, a meteor strikes, and he says, "Damn, I never expected that to happen. Sorry I can't make good. I don't have a million dollars." is he a scammer?

We don't have 100 different tags on this forum for the various ways a person can fail to make good. We generally do reserve scammer tags for intentional or quasi-intentional fraud. But a genuine hope that you'd get lucky and risks not materialize won't save you if you knowingly or negligently incur risk and are unable to do what you promised.

There are many examples of people who have scammer tags despite evidence suggesting they expected to be able to do what they had promised to do. All the people who borrowed money to invest in Pirate likely expected they'd be able to pay back their loans from profits and then pocket the principal plus more interest.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:54:46 AM

No responses yet.

It is almost 9pm in Wyoming. When did you call the numbers?
5:30 and 7:30 PM CST
shiftybugger (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:22:36 PM

Update time since it has been 3 weeks since Jay's post.

I received an email on March 30 from Jay advising that his shipping staff will ship my silver 'when they have extra time'. They are apparently very busy at the moment and my order is low priority.

Will update on further info.
boonies4u

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:00:41 PM

Update time since it has been 3 weeks since Jay's post.

I received an email on March 30 from Jay advising that his shipping staff will ship my silver 'when they have extra time'. They are apparently very busy at the moment and my order is low priority.

Will update on further info.

If your order priority is low that means you're just the tip of the iceberg.
barbarousrelic

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:17:59 PM

Have you guys asked to cancel your orders and get refunds?

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:01:01 AM

I can do that if it will somehow help? let me know.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: