Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Final Satoshi [UPDATED] 4 BTC UP FOR GRABS  (Read 4790 times)
Oldsport (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:45:31 AM

"This is a 10% profit (0.221 btc) for you."

In the intro on the first page, you might want to change the 10% profit number to actually reflect 10%. I like the game and idea Smiley Its a nice spin

The number in the brackets is exactly how much you would receive into your Wallet rounded to the 3rd decimal place. But yes, I see how that could be confusing and will update it. Thanks for the feedback!

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:38:23 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2013, 09:00:17 AM by Oldsport

Congratulations to our first successful thief:

1752xWJWSMrgdVniW5sA59vKR7vrUUCJaq stole the Satoshi for 0.122 btc

EDIT:

Updating steal module so that thief takes over The Final Satoshi at the current price instead of at price he/she paid to steal it. Also increased 1 confirmation timeout to 25 minutes.

SpaceJelly

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:59:17 AM

The site appears to be down at the moment. Oh well, it's all mine anyway  Cheesy

1Je11yL4Fqw5nvaP6KUs2JDABBp29vKeEU
1JeLLyv8o7YwooSg53qEdDSPXeAT3ShQoc
Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:49:39 AM

The site appears to be down at the moment. Oh well, it's all mine anyway  Cheesy

It is indeed yours right now, we are rolling out some updates. Expect the site to be back up in a few hours before height time.

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:42:14 PM

SITE IS BACK UP.

ubbe_mainer

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:07:38 PM

I bought:

19e73ffe5d1176798aef92e26d39f817cde39e4737a3628b95e464c9d69fda65

Still not own with name tidu...
Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:53:50 PM

I bought:

Issue has been fixed but I need a return address to send your coins to. Thanks for reporting.

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:01:54 AM

You guys are really killing me...  Shocked. If you send me uncomfirmed coins chances are they will take longer than 25 minutes to hit 1st confirmation causing the site to assume you are trying to lock-out and cancelling your claim to the Final Satoshi. I've upped the time for it to wait for 1st confirmation, but please try to help on your side.

I've had to issue 3 refunds today, but it's all just helping shell out a much better and efficient product. Thanks for taking the journey with us!

Sothh

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:07:40 AM

You guys are really killing me...  Shocked. If you send me uncomfirmed coins chances are they will take longer than 25 minutes to hit 1st confirmation causing the site to assume you are trying to lock-out and cancelling your claim to the Final Satoshi. I've upped the time for it to wait for 1st confirmation, but please try to help on your side.

I've had to issue 3 refunds today, but it's all just helping shell out a much better and efficient product. Thanks for taking the journey with us!

How can I send you coins that are already confirmed?  You should assume that the new person owns the coin with 0 confirmations, but not pay the old owner until the confirms come in.  Then just roll back if the confirms fail.
Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:35:01 AM

You guys are really killing me...  Shocked. If you send me uncomfirmed coins chances are they will take longer than 25 minutes to hit 1st confirmation causing the site to assume you are trying to lock-out and cancelling your claim to the Final Satoshi. I've upped the time for it to wait for 1st confirmation, but please try to help on your side.

How can I send you coins that are already confirmed?  You should assume that the new person owns the coin with 0 confirmations, but not pay the old owner until the confirms come in.  Then just roll back if the confirms fail.

Hey,

Say for instance you receive coins from satoshi dice or something but they are not yet confirmed but are available to spend. If you send those coins to an address they won't confirm until the satoshi dice payout confirms in your wallet. So there is an extended delay on confirmation relaying to the site. Instead of the usual 10 minutes for confirmation it can take anywhere to as much as 20! As for why I don't pay the old owner, it's because the system is fully automated. Also, let's consider scenarios like steals and releases. Without the 1st confirmation to make sure the payment is legit there is a lot of room for errors and mix-ups down the road.  It's overall a lot more easier for the other players, the site, and myself if the new person takes possession after confirmation.

I hope my explanation was clear, and if you have any more question feel free to inquire.

BTW, congratulations to the new owner High Overlord Sothhus.

Sothh

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:47:21 AM

You guys are really killing me...  Shocked. If you send me uncomfirmed coins chances are they will take longer than 25 minutes to hit 1st confirmation causing the site to assume you are trying to lock-out and cancelling your claim to the Final Satoshi. I've upped the time for it to wait for 1st confirmation, but please try to help on your side.

How can I send you coins that are already confirmed?  You should assume that the new person owns the coin with 0 confirmations, but not pay the old owner until the confirms come in.  Then just roll back if the confirms fail.

Hey,

Say for instance you receive coins from satoshi dice or something but they are not yet confirmed but are available to spend. If you send those coins to an address they won't confirm until the satoshi dice payout confirms in your wallet. So there is an extended delay on confirmation relaying to the site. Instead of the usual 10 minutes for confirmation it can take anywhere to as much as 20! As for why I don't pay the old owner, it's because the system is fully automated. Also, let's consider scenarios like steals and releases. Without the 1st confirmation to make sure the payment is legit there is a lot of room for errors and mix-ups down the road.  It's overall a lot more easier for the other players, the site, and myself if the new person takes possession after confirmation.

I hope my explanation was clear, and if you have any more question feel free to inquire.

Oh, sorry, did not realize that payment had not been confirmed.  (My coinbase wallet did not make that clear.)

What about the option to pay more than the next bid?  For example, current bid is at .214.  What if you allow someone to buy it for any price they want, as long as its over that?

That way, if I want to keep my name on the board longer, I can bid like .5 btc.  The previous owner gets a lot more profit, and I don't have to keep rebuying to keep my name up.
Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:54:55 AM

Hey,

Oh, sorry, did not realize that payment had not been confirmed.  (My coinbase wallet did not make that clear.)

What about the option to pay more than the next bid?  For example, current bid is at .214.  What if you allow someone to buy it for any price they want, as long as its over that?

That way, if I want to keep my name on the board longer, I can bid like .5 btc.  The previous owner gets a lot more profit, and I don't have to keep rebuying to keep my name up.

Great idea! I'm gonna start coding this right now... sort of like a max bid? So you would send X amount to cover the automatic buy back of The Final Satoshi until it reached price XX.  I'll try to have this option available ASAP.

Sothh

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:06:11 AM

Hey,

Oh, sorry, did not realize that payment had not been confirmed.  (My coinbase wallet did not make that clear.)

What about the option to pay more than the next bid?  For example, current bid is at .214.  What if you allow someone to buy it for any price they want, as long as its over that?

That way, if I want to keep my name on the board longer, I can bid like .5 btc.  The previous owner gets a lot more profit, and I don't have to keep rebuying to keep my name up.

Great idea! I'm gonna start coding this right now... sort of like a max bid? So you would send X amount to cover the automatic buy back of The Final Satoshi until it reached price XX.  I'll try to have this option available ASAP.

Exactly.  Maybe there should be a maximum you can raise, though, like double.  So currently, you can choose to pay between .214-.428  That would keep it within reach of other players.  We don't want someone to bid 10 BTC and stop the game.
Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:52:12 AM

Update:

Wrote out a sketch of events for the suggestion, gonna start coding it tomorrow.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:29:32 AM

I don't understand how can the last guy not hold the bag?

Your site says:
"You will earn the 2% that has been set aside or Perk 1 (whichever is greater) in addition to your stake and steal bonuses (if any)."

How can the last guy receive his stake back? it's already been used to pay the previous guy, are you going to pay the last guy out of pocket?  Grin

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
ubbe_mainer

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 06:12:14 AM

I bought:

Issue has been fixed but I need a return address to send your coins to. Thanks for reporting.

My return address is:

13x2itYz5CuJtCoXLP6WUCe9TPNYzNVTek

Btw, what was the issue you had to fix?

I paid the fee, so at least it was not me who kept page stuck 25 minutes, I refreshed it in 1 or 2 minutes and it was fine, I just did not own the dice.

Edit: I dont remember did I used confirmed coins, and did not realize that....
Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:43:55 AM

I don't understand how can the last guy not hold the bag?

Your site says:
"You will earn the 2% that has been set aside or Perk 1 (whichever is greater) in addition to your stake and steal bonuses (if any)."

How can the last guy receive his stake back? it's already been used to pay the previous guy, are you going to pay the last guy out of pocket?  Grin

Yes, the last guy would be paid out of house profits since afterwords the game would be over. We are hoping that's not for a while though as it's just way too much fun watching something I've worked very hard on brought to life and enjoyed by others. However the beautiful thing about our backstory is there is always room for an even better sequel.  Roll Eyes  Wink

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:47:00 AM

I bought:

My return address is:

13x2itYz5CuJtCoXLP6WUCe9TPNYzNVTek

Btw, what was the issue you had to fix?

I paid the fee, so at least it was not me who kept page stuck 25 minutes, I refreshed it in 1 or 2 minutes and it was fine, I just did not own the dice.

Edit: I dont remember did I used confirmed coins, and did not realize that....

We're in a weird type of beta mode. We fix issues only to sometimes have those fixes create more issues. It doesn't exactly mean it was your fault, that's just the way it is with coding. An inevitable road block. As far as I am concerned right now though we are a well oiled train for now, and all issues have been patched. I'm going to refund you now and post the TXID.

EDIT:

You've been refunded. Feel free to play again, and sorry for the error. It has been fixed as of now, and there are more great options and updates on the way.

TxID:

343ae687a404aae54adc018bfd3b638a0b6436f0597adfc2859542faddb4e1bb

haos

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 11:11:13 AM

Nice idea.
I'm in!
SpaceJelly

Activity: 106
Merit: 10