Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:31:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rise of Ad-Blocking Software Threatens Online Revenue  (Read 1034 times)
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:17:40 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 02:27:02 PM by Bitware

Create your own ads in-house and feed custom images and jump links hosted on the sites you run for your visitors.

Yup. This will be the solution - instead of using intermediary advertising networks that are easily blocked, just create your own ads. The development of ad-blockers will just remove the middlemen.

Have you ever tried to sell advertising space? It's far from easy, and you cannot create, nor host, the ads, the clients create their own ads and they want it hosted on a website not related to the editor, but on a platform they can trust.

You don't need to sell advertising space to do it, but you can if you want to. I don't do that yet though.  I display the visitor custom affiliate program ad images and links if they are running an ad blocker or if they have active scripting turned off. I select from certain ads at random that are contextual to the content of the page, with checks to make sure no ad is repeated on the same page load. There are also some generic backup ads in case the content is niche and I have few ads fitting the tagged content, but that happens less frequently as you build onto your application and database.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What is that "visitor custom affiliate program ad images and links"?
I don't get to choose the ads which appear on my websites, it's Google which does that, contextually.

I've said all that I am willing to say on this issue. Part of my business is consulting and this specific issue is a revenue generator for me. If you're interested in purchasing consulting and/or development time from me, shoot me pm and we can discuss terms. If not, I wish all you the best.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:26:10 PM

Create your own ads in-house and feed custom images and jump links hosted on the sites you run for your visitors.

Yup. This will be the solution - instead of using intermediary advertising networks that are easily blocked, just create your own ads. The development of ad-blockers will just remove the middlemen.

Have you ever tried to sell advertising space? It's far from easy, and you cannot create, nor host, the ads, the clients create their own ads and they want it hosted on a website not related to the editor, but on a platform they can trust.

You don't need to sell advertising space to do it, but you can if you want to. I don't do that yet though.  I display the visitor custom affiliate program ad images and links if they are running an ad blocker or if they have active scripting turned off. I select from certain ads at random that are contextual to the content of the page, with checks to make sure no ad is repeated on the same page load. There are also some generic backup ads in case the content is niche and I have few ads fitting the tagged content, but that happens less frequently as you build onto your application and database.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What is that "visitor custom affiliate program ad images and links"?
I don't get to choose the ads which appear on my websites, it's Google which does that, contextually.

I've said all that I am willing to say on this issue. Part of my business is consulting and this specific issue is a revenue generator for me. If you're interested in purchasing consulting and/or development time from me, shoot me pm and we can discuss terms. If not, I wish all you the best.

No, I'm not interested. I've been using adsense since 2003, and I'm pretty well aware of what's doable, or not doable, with it. I know google has launched a system on this issue a few months ago, but friends who have tried it told me it didn't work.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: