Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:54:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order  (Read 530798 times)
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:16:58 PM

ok guys so i spoke with one of the engineers at bitmain (thats what they said and i cant read chinese so the name on the email is unknown lol) and they said there is a way to control the speed of the miner on post auto tune miners. they have firmware posted up that sets the speed to a desired freq for example 550 600 etc. he said you will see more hardware errors because the board isnt finding the sweet spot so if the firmware would normally run the miner at a sweet spot of 525 with minimal hw errors using the 550 firmware will run it higher causing more hw errors. so its probably best to check what your miner is clocked at using the default auto tuned firmware before using the set freq. he confirmed that it is all right to use that firmware on all of the pre and post auto freq s9's so thats all i can say there. he also stated that the firmware is posted on the github site so you can edit the freq and compile it yourself with a desired freq. now with that said i will also throw out there i do not condone overclocking....its too risky with miners these days so its best to only use this to UNDERCLOCK the miner and never to overclock it. overclocking has proven to be a waste on these miners anyway so there isnt a point in it.

the second thing is im getting the fan speed controls added back to the miner. i told them i dont want it to lower the speeds (which i dont). i just want it so i can keep the fan speed constant instead of the up and down up and down the auto tuned miners are set to do which causes alot more noise and other issues. the pre auto tune miners have a set speed and i wanted it to be more like those.

so all in all it seems like these things are being handled and will be uploaded on their site whenever they are done editing the firmware i guess.

damn genie ur still talkin shit in this thread? smh......
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:24:59 PM

[blibiddyblablabla]......
Yes, I'm sure that, after ignoring hundreds of hobbyists' requests, Bitmain is going to rewrite the S9 firmware for someone who has so little pull that he still has to buy his L3+s retail and cry about the cost of a given batch.  Cheesy Roll Eyes

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 05:05:37 PM

It sounds like Control PCB but usually the hash PCB is the damaged one tho.  Do you have a 2nd S9 from the same batch to try hashing this middle hash PCB in known working unit?

I don't know what is happening to my miner (S9 batch 2 12.93 TH/s)

https://ibb.co/crCj0k

in Miner status it is showing the between board no hashrate and i try swapping middle board to left and so on but the middle hashrate is showing 0
Firstly i was having old firmware in that the middle board was having no speed and after i updated the firware then also there is no difference

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
numnutz2009

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:51:00 PM

[blibiddyblablabla]......
Yes, I'm sure that, after ignoring hundreds of hobbyists' requests, Bitmain is going to rewrite the S9 firmware for someone who has so little pull that he still has to buy his L3+s retail and cry about the cost of a given batch.  Cheesy Roll Eyes

ur a sad little man. u dont have to believe me though lol....it doesnt hurt my feelings either way but why would i lie about this? most of all what will you say or do when you find out im telling the truth?? will u pretend like u didnt try trollin me on the internet?? will u say sorry?? will u stop replyin all together because you messed up??

and what does me buyin s3+'s have to do with anything here? retail is the ONLY option available to anyone. you do realize bitmain gives very little off and to get that fraction of a percent off you need to order hundreds of miners which is way beyond anything you or i can purchase so dont act like u somehow know the ins and outs of a company your not a part of. your just a guy that spends his days tryin to troll but ends up gettin trolled. remember our last convos?? u should spend ur time more wisely my friend. best of luck sweety Wink.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:14:46 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 07:31:25 PM by ComputerGenie

... retail is the ONLY option available to anyone. you do realize bitmain gives very little off and to get that fraction of a percent off you need to order hundreds of miners which is way beyond anything you or i can purchase....
It's so cute that you actually believe any of those thoughts.  Grin Kiss

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
numnutz2009

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:21:50 PM

... retail is the ONLY option available to anyone. you do realize bitmain gives very little off and to get that fraction of a percent off you need to order hundreds of miners which is way beyond anything you or i can purchase....
It's so cute that you actually believe either of those thoughts.  Grin Kiss

i bet it is lol. how old r u if u dont mind me asking?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:33:40 PM

...how old r u if u dont mind me asking?
I don't mind anyone asking me anything, the problem is some folks mind not getting the answers that they want.

grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:24:38 AM

ComputerGenie

Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Unignore

Re: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order
May 18, 2017, 07:14:46 PM
Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:27:52 AM

I like when donkeys feel the need to announce that they are "ignoring" me, the irony makes me giggle.  Grin Cool

numnutz2009

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:43:55 PM

...how old r u if u dont mind me asking?
I don't mind anyone asking me anything, the problem is some folks mind not getting the answers that they want.

i agree most dont like getting no answer or one they didnt expect but its your choice lol. i figured an adult would be more open about things considering me knowing your age wouldnt hurt you but again its your choice lol. some people like to hide behind the internet and some people (me) dont care and r open about things.

in any case why do u spend your time in these threads following my posts and trying to troll me? most of all how does not getting the reaction you were hoping for make u feel in the grand scheme of things?
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:02:43 PM

...i[sic] agree most dont[sic] like getting no answer or one they didnt[sic] expect but its your choice lol. i[sic] figured an adult would be more open about things considering me knowing your age wouldnt[sic] hurt you but again its your choice...
Since you bring up how one should act/type in a forum, I have to say that I figure an adult would have learned how to use the shift, " ' ", and " , " keys.  Tongue
Beyond that, if you could explain how my age is relevant to a discussion about hardware (and most specifically the ROI it does/doesn't provide under given conditions), I might be inclined to give an answer which is in line with that which you seek.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:19:25 PM

probably the standard grumpy old fart  Cheesy
numnutz2009

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:50:40 PM

...i[sic] agree most dont[sic] like getting no answer or one they didnt[sic] expect but its your choice lol. i[sic] figured an adult would be more open about things considering me knowing your age wouldnt[sic] hurt you but again its your choice...
Since you bring up how one should act/type in a forum, I have to say that I figure an adult would have learned how to use the shift, " ' ", and " , " keys.  Tongue
Beyond that, if you could explain how my age is relevant to a discussion about hardware (and most specifically the ROI it does/doesn't provide under given conditions), I might be inclined to give an answer which is in line with that which you seek.

my typing style doesnt any anything to do with the way i act. no one looks at my use of punctuation (or lack there of) and say OMG HES AN ASSHOLE BECAUSE HE USED TOO MANY DOTS INSTEAD OF A COMMA lol. its silly to think that you can judge someone based on their typing style. what is probably true is that i have been using tech in ways you havent. if you were a heavy txter or imer back in the day you would know that txts and ims had a 160 char limit. a fairly strict 160 char limit....one that wouldnt break up txts like it does today so the use of proper punctuation aside from a period or ! every now and them was completely useless to us younger folks. use of punctuation just took up valuable char space so it was mostly thrown out. now since i have been doing it for years it became a habit....u can argue that this isnt then this is now so use it but everyone has habits that are hard to break. for example putting your shoes on...have you noticed most people put the same shoe on first everytime? if you think about it u can change it but if u were naturally sliding your foot into a shoe u tend to use the same one first everytime you put them on. so this is a long way of saying if u asked u could have been told why i dont use proper grammar and punctuation when typing butttt u decided to lash out and try to hurt my feelings but the number 1 rule about bein a troll is dont troll a troll. common sense buddy.

ur age however is important to this convo. it can be 1 of 2 things (most likely). either ur an old fart like the guy before me said or your very young. the reason i say that is because you dont like change. you dont like seeing things from other people perspective. instead you try making fun of them and try hurting their feelings but your unable to grasp that many of the people you "troll" could care less what you think lol. i personally care more about why your trollin than what your actually sayin because when it comes down to it i have typed out long responses catered especially to you that explained how your wrong so im confident that that wont change lol. u havent been able to convince others that im wrong either so until you put more thought into it your point will never sink in with ne one that reads ur posts. all people r seeing is a sad little person lashing out at randos on the internet. hell even if they read your posts and thought about it all your doing is using another form of "i know u r but what m i??". your not bringing anything of value to the table when you speak type or socialize with anyone in irl or online. im open to other ideas and thats why i do well...others here are as well and guess what?? they do well too lol. but people driven by anger and hate dont prosper here. they get ignored and rejected by the community. it has been proven multiple times.

now like i have said before im learnin everyday and i dont claim to know everything nor do i want to know everything because life would be pretty boring that way but to assume the design of a product is 100% perfect is nonsensical and i wouldnt say its funny but its more sad than anything. no design in the history of engineering has been perfect. if that was the case we wouldnt have improvements being done to cars to go further on a single tank of gas or buildings that are able to withstand earthquakes and floods and anything else. if we lived in your world where 1 design is perfect and cant ever be improved upon we wouldnt be here right nowhaving one of the most rediculous arguments i have had on the internet. i almost feel retarded arguing about something so stupid but i love to argue even if it is with a potential old fart or child. so if you have an argument that isnt in the form of a question or that doesnt say the same thing (you think you know more about yadda yadda yadda than bitmain does?Huh?) than feel free to reply. if you want to keep going on the same nonsensical rambling be my guest....im always here to reply to people when they r being silly.

oh and before i forget...an argument related to how u feel other users should run their machines isnt valid either. its their machine and they can run them however they want. ur opinions are duly noted but its time to come back with some new information not just your opinions. facts facts facts my friend. i look forward to your reply.
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:57:15 PM

Take your pissing contest elsewhere, this thread is for S9 issues, not your private bitching gallery...

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:02:11 PM

...[incoherent babble]...
I find it interesting that your level of narcissism causes you to think that anything I type is towards you on a personal level. I also find it interesting that you find an open discussion, about the ROI (or lack thereof) of equipment, to be something akin to trolling.

Should there come a day where you are willing/able to type in coherent English sentences, I invite you to attempt to get back on topic and explain how an average hobbyist might have a better understanding of the thermodynamics of a piece of computer equipment than the manufacturer of that piece of computer equipment...

numnutz2009

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:52:13 PM

...[incoherent babble]...
I find it interesting that your level of narcissism causes you to think that anything I type is towards you on a personal level. I also find it interesting that you find an open discussion, about the ROI (or lack thereof) of equipment, to be something akin to trolling.

Should there come a day where you are willing/able to type in coherent English sentences, I invite you to attempt to get back on topic and explain how an average hobbyist might have a better understanding of the thermodynamics of a piece of computer equipment than the manufacturer of that piece of computer equipment...
what ur doin is trollin. u and i both know it and so does everyone else. that and who else would u be talkin to when you quote my replies in your posts?? im pretty sure im not assuming there...i mean who quotes me and then types a reply to some random person?? now that doesnt make sense to me at all buddy. but ir welcome to try and twist things around to make it look like its all made up if u want idc lol. its ur world....we r just livin in it right??

lol mkay buddy. there u go using a question as some sort of proof. ur so rigid my friend. if u bothered to read what i said u would know i have addressed what u have said many times. what is ur reasoning for thinking a design made by another human being or group of human beings is perfect and any alterations to said design are worthless? this would be the very first 100% perfect design in the history of engineering so again what makes you think the design is perfect??

by the way i would also like to point out you were wrong when we last spoke. remember how you claimed lowering the speeds wasnt possible because of the design of the boards on the auto tuned miners and asking is pointless?? well asking got the change....the change you claimed was impossible to achieve....it was somehow achievable....i guess us "hobby miners" know more about the hardware than you give us credit for lol. we made the impossible possible. i like the sound of that. once the fan control is completed you wont have a leg left to stand on....but honestly im fine with u hobblin around on one leg so anything more is icing on the cake.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:19:58 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 06:35:08 PM by ComputerGenie

...remember how you claimed lowering the speeds wasnt possible because of the design of the boards on the auto tuned miners and asking is pointless?? well asking got the change....the change you claimed was impossible to achieve....it was somehow achievable....
Despite your continued unwillingness to type in coherent English sentences....

1) That's mischaracterization of what I said. While I'm certain that you can take excerpts out of context to support your position, my position is, was, and always will be that:
   a) The frequency is set in the PIC.
   b) When the whole board is "underclocked" to a given frequency, many boards contain chips that would actually be overclocked to a likely unsustainable frequency (i.e., a chip PICed at 415 set to 500).
   c) When a device has an inherently diminishing ROI (which is compounded daily by increase in network size and bi-weekly by diff increase), manually setting that device to intentionally further reduce ROI is counterproductive.
2) I'll believe that Bitmain will scrap a great many hours of writing code which physically protects the equipment that they sell (and provide warranty support for such unprotected devices), simply to pacify a handful of hobbyist consumers, when I see it.

Edit:
3) Bitcoin is at 4.24x since Jun '16:
    a) If you haven't been in at least that long, then you lack the experience to validate your belief system.
    b) If you have been in at least that long and you're not at a point where your ROI* is greater than 1.4 (theoretical should be ~1.7-1.85), then you lack the business acumen to validate your belief system.
    c) There is an almost 100% certainty that anyone that is disbelieving of 1a falls into the "not" portion of 3b.  Wink

*(Gain - Cost)/Cost

numnutz2009

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:24:05 PM

...remember how you claimed lowering the speeds wasnt possible because of the design of the boards on the auto tuned miners and asking is pointless?? well asking got the change....the change you claimed was impossible to achieve....it was somehow achievable....
Despite your continued unwillingness to type in coherent English sentences....

1) That's mischaracterization of what I said. While I'm certain that you can take excerpts out of context to support your position, my position is, was, and always will be that:
   a) The frequency is set in the PIC.
   b) When the whole board is "underclocked" to a given frequency, many boards contain chips that would actually be overclocked to a likely unsustainable frequency (i.e., a chip PICed at 415 set to 500).
   c) When a device has an inherently diminishing ROI (which is compounded daily by increase in network size and bi-weekly by diff increase), manually setting that device to intentionally further reduce ROI is counterproductive.
2) I'll believe that Bitmain will scrap a great many hours of writing code which physically protects the equipment that they sell (and provide warranty support for such unprotected devices), simply to pacify a handful of hobbyist consumers, when I see it.

what i said was clear and direct...so clear in fact u were able to form replies based on it so it must be pretty pretty good lol. so stop being a dramatic child that didnt get his way and move on to another topic please.

1. there u go again. an underclock option wouldnt be worth it if it was only able to chop off a small amount of speed from the freq. you said manual control of the firmware isnt able to be done and bitmain says it can be done and provided a solution for those that want to control the speed of auto tuned miners. also i believe my reply said to check the speed of the slowest board so you dont push that one harder by setting the freq manually right?? if u bothered reading my response before letting your fingers go on a rampage u would have seen that info. others saw it....why not u?? interesting.

but like we said before having the ability to run them at a lower freq at any given time is a feature that is available to everyone now even though you stated its not possible and that bitmain wont waste time giving it to us. u cant deny that fact buddy....sorry.

2. ok so do u believe it now than?? bitmain already gave us freq control....fan control is there as well you just have to compile the firmware yourself after altering the code to suite your needs. this was all said by bitmains engineer not by me. even thought its posted there in your face your still unable to accept the fact that your wrong. this is why im still undecided on u bein an old fart or some child with too much time on his hands. but at the end of the day i know a troll is there just to argue with people online. it doesnt matter if ur right or wrong u just like the argument so u can pretend like you dont see it if that makes u feel better. ik uk your wrong and thats good enough for me. it probably eats u up inside that uk u lost. does it physically hurt or is it an emotional kinda pain??

oh also running the machines hotter doesnt sound like much of a safety net. but u already knew that too lol. good talk buddy.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:37:46 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 08:14:37 PM by ComputerGenie

...bitmain already gave us freq control....fan control is there as well you just have to compile the firmware yourself after altering the code to suite your needs...
That was the case long before you, or anyone else, even began to cry on here about them "taking it away". It's funny to watch you talk yourself in nonsensical circles.

Edit:
OK, so here's the real question:

Did this non-sourced, since you "cant read chinese[sic] so the name on the email is unknown", "engineer" tell you that Bitmain will break from it's long-standing policy and continue to uphold the warranty on any S9 that you "compile the firmware yourself after altering the code to suite[sic] your needs"?  Roll Eyes

MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 09:11:36 PM

@numnutz2009 & @ComputerGenie

Ouch Ouch Ouch!  lets not be like Core vs BU fight.  Lets be Happy Mining!!

If you break the hash PCB from own firmware version, we will be happy to repair your PCB for you!

...bitmain already gave us freq control....fan control is there as well you just have to compile the firmware yourself after altering the code to suite your needs...
That was the case long before you, or anyone else, even began to cry on here about them "taking it away". It's funny to watch you talk yourself in nonsensical circles.

Edit:
OK, so here's the real question:

Did this non-sourced, since you "cant read chinese[sic] so the name on the email is unknown", "engineer" tell you that Bitmain will break from it's long-standing policy and continue to uphold the warranty on any S9 that you "compile the firmware yourself after altering the code to suite[sic] your needs"?  Roll Eyes

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: