Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:44:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order  (Read 530802 times)
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:09:52 PM

We shouldn't demonize all private resellers of the miners (like for example on ebay). At the end, it is a matter of trust and integrity.

In my country however, it is almost impossible to buy from ebay.com as fees to Europe are a killer. Ebay.co.uk has no fees, but ridiculous prices, something like x4 or x5. Local reseller websites are full of scammers. So for me for example only the official vendor is the choice. Which reminds me that Bitmain hasn't released anything in more than a week (usually they drop something every week).

we should indeed demonize all private resellers, they add nothing to the world, they are a damn plague that make something fair to something unfair

A private reseller is taking an unit from somebody that wants it.

Well I sent my US wire transfer last week, and yet today my order says "expired and unpaid" ...  Anyone else in the same boat?  I uploaded my proof of transfer last week as well.  I opened a ticket late last week and still no response from Bitmain. Sigh....

JP
My last couple of wires went through and were confirmed within 1-2 days. However, they are on a company Holiday (per sales rep) until January 30th.

They are out of the office until the 26th....

On a side note, anyone getting their s9s in yet? If so from which batch are your purchases that are arriving now? I have 19 coming in in March and plan on renting a new space to accommodate growth. Don’t want to pay for February rent if I don’t have to worry about them coming early.

I received my latest shipment ~3-4 weeks early.

Darn... I wonder why mine are still unconfirmed then even with the proof uploaded.  I've never ordered through US wire before, only BCH which obviously gets confirmed almost instantly.  Of course they're on holidays too lol... They should not have released a batch right before and then just close shop for a week with many customers wondering what's going on.

Your status is still unpaid? mine changed to paying 3 days after sending the wire, still no paid status....

Yup... says unpaid and expired.   Very angry at Bitmain for not responding or making my shipment as paid status.  We're not talking a few dollars here and to leave me hanging like this is frustrating!!!!!!!!

Why not just use bch next time. Works smoothly and no issues. Cheap transaction cost also.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
picone24

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:14:46 AM

We shouldn't demonize all private resellers of the miners (like for example on ebay). At the end, it is a matter of trust and integrity.

In my country however, it is almost impossible to buy from ebay.com as fees to Europe are a killer. Ebay.co.uk has no fees, but ridiculous prices, something like x4 or x5. Local reseller websites are full of scammers. So for me for example only the official vendor is the choice. Which reminds me that Bitmain hasn't released anything in more than a week (usually they drop something every week).

we should indeed demonize all private resellers, they add nothing to the world, they are a damn plague that make something fair to something unfair

Well I sent my US wire transfer last week, and yet today my order says "expired and unpaid" ...  Anyone else in the same boat?  I uploaded my proof of transfer last week as well.  I opened a ticket late last week and still no response from Bitmain. Sigh....

JP
My last couple of wires went through and were confirmed within 1-2 days. However, they are on a company Holiday (per sales rep) until January 30th.

On a side note, anyone getting their s9s in yet? If so from which batch are your purchases that are arriving now? I have 19 coming in in March and plan on renting a new space to accommodate growth. Don’t want to pay for February rent if I don’t have to worry about them coming early.

Darn... I wonder why mine are still unconfirmed then even with the proof uploaded.  I've never ordered through US wire before, only BCH which obviously gets confirmed almost instantly.  Of course they're on holidays too lol... They should not have released a batch right before and then just close shop for a week with many customers wondering what's going on.

Your status is still unpaid? mine changed to paying 3 days after sending the wire, still no paid status....

Yup... says unpaid and expired.   Very angry at Bitmain for not responding or making my shipment as paid status.  We're not talking a few dollars here and to leave me hanging like this is frustrating!!!!!!!!

Why not just use bch next time. Works smoothly and no issues. Cheap transaction cost also.

Didn't have the BCH on me at the time, if you select the wire payment you get a 7 day window to pay (i still made sure to wire the money within 2 days) rather than 30 minutes you get with BCH.
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:37:25 AM

JP

Didn't have the BCH on me at the time, if you select the wire payment you get a 7 day window to pay (i still made sure to wire the money within 2 days) rather than 30 minutes you get with BCH.

U should have prepared earlier. Well, u can prepare now

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
freedom36

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:09:41 AM

Does Bitmain constantly have new batches of Antminer S9's ?

It looks like they are sold out and the scalpers have doubled and tripled prices from what I can see.

Sorry to ask what I am sure has been answered but that is a huge list of comments to sift through.

Would like to purchase direct from Bitmain........no trouble shipping to Canada?

Thanks all.

Mike
crypto.lawyer.187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:18:22 AM

Does Bitmain constantly have new batches of Antminer S9's ?

It looks like they are sold out and the scalpers have doubled and tripled prices from what I can see.

Sorry to ask what I am sure has been answered but that is a huge list of comments to sift through.

Would like to purchase direct from Bitmain........no trouble shipping to Canada?

Thanks all.

Mike

im in Canada got some for sale 7000CDN each
Logan4el

Activity: 158
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:10:58 PM

Do you expect next batch of S9 to go for sale below 2000$?
coolnair

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:11:16 PM

We've had a good experience with ordering from the Bitmain website. We have shipped it to our data center in Georgia and Iceland. No issues so far. My only complaint with the site is that it is very slow (not optimized for the peak ordering traffic). Also, the payment terms can be standardized. We always need to prepare for any new batch. There is no consistency in terms of what currency is being accepted. Sometimes its BCH only. Sometimes its wire and BCH.

But overall, we are happy so far. We wish we could take delivery in China and arrange our own shipping. It would work out so much cheaper. But that's not possible as of now.
bl1nd

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:02:56 PM

We've had a good experience with ordering from the Bitmain website. We have shipped it to our data center in Georgia and Iceland. No issues so far. My only complaint with the site is that it is very slow (not optimized for the peak ordering traffic). Also, the payment terms can be standardized. We always need to prepare for any new batch. There is no consistency in terms of what currency is being accepted. Sometimes its BCH only. Sometimes its wire and BCH.

But overall, we are happy so far. We wish we could take delivery in China and arrange our own shipping. It would work out so much cheaper. But that's not possible as of now.

They are obviously making money on the shipping part
ventrader01

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:07:47 AM

what do you guys think about this representative?

https://blockwaresolutions.com/

coolnair

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:45:36 PM

what do you guys think about this representative?

https://blockwaresolutions.com/

They dont let you buy. You need to fill a form to get a quote. You should probably look at the payment options that they give you. That will give you a semi-decent idea about their authenticity.
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:49:09 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 02:13:55 PM by kobo_eth

Guys, did you get the update from Bitmain via e-mail - they are changing their address in China, so be careful if you ship any equipment back for repair or so (knock on wood). Although they said they will still receive at the old address.

Also, all of the miners in The US should be so lucky, according to the same e-mail - Bitmain have a service representative in The US (so no need to ship to Asia).

Sandal_Hat

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:18:18 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 11:39:32 PM by Sandal_Hat

Because the profitability is down from before? I think news sources created a media frenzy which caused it.
I got a feeling it wont be below 2000 though.
I hope mining didficulty drops. It is way too high now.

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:26:49 AM

Because the profitability is down from before? I think news sources created a media frenzy which caused it.

While I can't comment on the S9 price, I feel qualified to comment on difficulty.

I expect difficulty will continue to rise, until it "catches up" with BTC price. I think the best you can hope for is a slowing in the rate of increase, as long as the price stays in the $11,000 range. Since 2013, I haven't seen a sustained decline in difficulty that lasted more than 2-3 cycles. I have a seen it "plateau" for a few months, but that didn't last more than 6 months or so. Now that folks have seen that BTC can spike to $20,000 I think it will be a while before folks give up on the dream of "getting rich". I expect that mining hardware will command a good price for a while. FOMO will take months  to dissipate in my opinion.
brad2388

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:42:16 AM

With the high dificulty increase is the s9 still profitable
kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:43:18 AM

Yes, and when the price of BTC goes back up, the profits should be slightly higher.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:44:23 AM

Yes, and when the price of BTC goes back up, the profits should be slightly higher.
s/when/if ?
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:36:29 AM

While I can't comment on the S9 price, I feel qualified to comment on difficulty.

I expect difficulty will continue to rise, until it "catches up" with BTC price. I think the best you can hope for is a slowing in the rate of increase, as long as the price stays in the $11,000 range. Since 2013, I haven't seen a sustained decline in difficulty that lasted more than 2-3 cycles. I have a seen it "plateau" for a few months, but that didn't last more than 6 months or so. Now that folks have seen that BTC can spike to $20,000 I think it will be a while before folks give up on the dream of "getting rich". I expect that mining hardware will command a good price for a while. FOMO will take months  to dissipate in my opinion.

The media should stop sensationalizing things as if it is so easy. Those ebay prices are juz nuts high.
The thing is if btc price has to keep going up alot for mining to be decently profitable, it would be far better to juz buy btc than mining equipment.

Last year btc went from 800 to 10k now. Thats a 12x increase and difficulty increased to the point mining is only so profitable now.
If btc has to increase 12x again for mining to be decently profitable at end of year, wont it juz be better to buy btc than to mine??
And it is not likely to increase 12x this year it seems. If price doesnt increase but difficulty increases, this isnt gonna be good.
Lets hope bitmain retains the monopoly. More manufacturers and difficulty increasing is the last thing needed right now.

Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:55:18 AM

I woke up this morning, checked my miners, checked what-to-mine, and I was utterly surprised to find out that profitability from one S9 currently is ~350 USD per month. It is true that difficulty increased one day ago, but profitability is ridiculous now.
I'll still be mining though, once you started you should not give up.

halfmil

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:59:50 PM

I woke up this morning, checked my miners, checked what-to-mine, and I was utterly surprised to find out that profitability from one S9 currently is ~350 USD per month. It is true that difficulty increased one day ago, but profitability is ridiculous now.
I'll still be mining though, once you started you should not give up.

I would say that's a little low but probably not to far off. It also depends on where you mine and how you mine and your electricity cost. I think it's probably closer to $400-$450 per month at the moment for 1 s9 with the current difficulty and price of btc at around $10,800. If btc goes to around $8000 it will not be good for miners. I feel if the price of btc was holding around $14000-$16000 right now it would be a great to be mining. So I'm going to keep mining and hold.
bl1nd

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:07:46 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 12:18:02 AM by bl1nd

If u paid 2300$ for a miner and u are getting 350$ per month thats not so bad, u are gonna ROI in 8 months. BUT, price will go up eventually, first months of the year are always bad for btc price, then the price starts increasing more and more until december

I wonder in what business u can invest 100k and get ROI before 1 year and make a return of 12% or more monthly

Ppl are still profiting from Antminers s7 right now and they had them for 4 years AND THEY ARE STILL selling the damn things for 1100$ when they bought them for like 500$. So you are looking at makiing profit for a whole year and getting AT LEAST your money back by selling the S9

Dont worry, if profit gets too low a lot of miners will go offline and difficulty will get easier or it will go up in minimal %

PD: In the calc i use a 13.5 s9 is giving 430$ monthly, also i doubt ull choose a a day/hour to sell when it is going down for example today's high was 11700
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: