Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:47:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order  (Read 530802 times)
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:22:51 AM

If u paid 2300$ for a miner and u are getting 350$ per month thats not so bad, u are gonna ROI in 8 months. BUT, price will go up eventually, first months of the year are always bad for btc price, then the price starts increasing more and more until december

I wonder in what business u can invest 100k and get ROI before 1 year and make a return of 12% or more monthly

Ppl are still profiting from Antminers s7 right now and they had them for 4 years AND THEY ARE STILL selling the damn things for 1100$ when they bought them for like 500$. So you are looking at makiing profit for a whole year and getting AT LEAST your money back by selling the S9

Dont worry, if profit gets too low a lot of miners will go offline and difficulty will get easier or it will go up in minimal %

PD: In the calc i use a 13.5 s9 is giving 430$ monthly, also i doubt ull choose a a day/hour to sell when it is going down for example today's high was 11700

If that rate is going to be the same for 8 months, I would be happy. The miners will not go offline even if profits are low. People will just mine. Look at D3 for example, people are still mining even if it is low profit. Low profit is better than nothing u see.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:37:53 AM

If u paid 2300$ for a miner and u are getting 350$ per month thats not so bad, u are gonna ROI in 8 months. BUT, price will go up eventually, first months of the year are always bad for btc price, then the price starts increasing more and more until december

I wonder in what business u can invest 100k and get ROI before 1 year and make a return of 12% or more monthly

Ppl are still profiting from Antminers s7 right now and they had them for 4 years AND THEY ARE STILL selling the damn things for 1100$ when they bought them for like 500$. So you are looking at makiing profit for a whole year and getting AT LEAST your money back by selling the S9

Dont worry, if profit gets too low a lot of miners will go offline and difficulty will get easier or it will go up in minimal %

PD: In the calc i use a 13.5 s9 is giving 430$ monthly, also i doubt ull choose a a day/hour to sell when it is going down for example today's high was 11700

If that rate is going to be the same for 8 months, I would be happy. The miners will not go offline even if profits are low. People will just mine. Look at D3 for example, people are still mining even if it is low profit. Low profit is better than nothing u see.

"...there is lot of fud in market right now: korea ban, wall street shorting BTC, CME BTC futures contract, korea taxation... why all these things are happening at the same time doesn't it seems all this is planned big guys are playing with us so that they can win in futures contract?!

all this is because of CME futures contract that will expires/expired on 26th of jan. on 17th of jan Cboe futures contract expired at 10900$ and bears win and just after 5 hours 200 billion dollars came back in market. so we may see a good pump in alts and BTC too after 26th jan.

Meanwhile in korea some banks will work with crypto exchanges with new taxation rules from 30th jan.
BTC lightining network is coming
CME BTC future expired on 26th jan.
one Japanese company started part of there salary in BTC

So all this indicates that big players, banks, companies and whales
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:56:33 AM

"...there is lot of fud in market right now: korea ban, wall street shorting BTC, CME BTC futures contract, korea taxation... why all these things are happening at the same time doesn't it seems all this is planned big guys are playing with us so that they can win in futures contract?!

all this is because of CME futures contract that will expires/expired on 26th of jan. on 17th of jan Cboe futures contract expired at 10900$ and bears win and just after 5 hours 200 billion dollars came back in market. so we may see a good pump in alts and BTC too after 26th jan.

Meanwhile in korea some banks will work with crypto exchanges with new taxation rules from 30th jan.
BTC lightining network is coming
CME BTC future expired on 26th jan.
one Japanese company started part of there salary in BTC

So all this indicates that big players, banks, companies and whales

One cannot assume that wat happen last year to prices will do the same thing this year.

I hope u are right buddy Smiley

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
kryptolarz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:35:26 AM

I think prices are reduced these days because of lower bitcoin price. You can also check https://www.evaminer.com/ . I think they have launched recently and their prices looks good.
Their prices look good? Hahahha fuck off
CrypotoCreanis

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Don’t do a screen name after 4 glasses of Chianti

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:46:34 PM

I think prices are reduced these days because of lower bitcoin price. You can also check https://www.evaminer.com/ . I think they have launched recently and their prices looks good.

How are they selling pre-sale march A3 when there is no such thing? OOOOPS busted
coolnair

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:18:11 AM

Whether we like it or not, S9s are still very profitable to buy and run. I've been hearing arguments about difficulty increase for a year now. True, the BTC price jumps helped. But until BTC price drops to USD 2500 or the current difficulty triples without any increase in BTC price, S9s will keep running (approx calculations). Focus on getting a good colocation to place your miners or build a colo yourself. Your machines will run for a very long time if you keep colo costs low.

Also, regarding the newer machines that have come/are coming to the market. I'm excited to see competitors, but I really want to get a few hands-on reviews from regular guys like us, before deciding to stop supporting S9s.

Eagerly waiting for the GMO machines...
Apprentice

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:52:13 PM

Whether we like it or not, S9s are still very profitable to buy and run. I've been hearing arguments about difficulty increase for a year now. True, the BTC price jumps helped. But until BTC price drops to USD 2500 or the current difficulty triples without any increase in BTC price, S9s will keep running (approx calculations). Focus on getting a good colocation to place your miners or build a colo yourself. Your machines will run for a very long time if you keep colo costs low.

Also, regarding the newer machines that have come/are coming to the market. I'm excited to see competitors, but I really want to get a few hands-on reviews from regular guys like us, before deciding to stop supporting S9s.

..and I think that most who started with 1 miner was for the sake of fun and mining more than an investment and immediate ROI or get rich, with that temptation of buying more after few month and start looking at solutions for power and keeping the miners cool  Smiley

If you take care of your miner they will last beyond the ROI. My initial 2 S9 are running since 1.5 years non stop and never had any issues so far (touch wood  Roll Eyes )
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:33:52 PM

I dont understand. If btc falls to near 2500 levels, u gonna take a few years to break even or never break even. It will probably never occur as new miners come out by then.

kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:42:52 PM

I dont understand. If btc falls to near 2500 levels, u gonna take a few years to break even or never break even. It will probably never occur as new miners come out by then.

If the price drops that hard, the difficulty likely will too.
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:03:15 PM

A sr member on another thread was talking about mining when it was 1k, and it dropped to two hundred, he was mining at a loss for a bit, but he held on and hit it when the price went way up again. I think that was good advice. Personally, I'm mining and holding everything, if I cash any out it will be for another machine. I'm targeting 2020. What will the btc price be then? What will the coins you mine today be worth then? I bet a lot more than 11k per. Go to work, mine, hold, everything is going to be awesome..... eventually. So far all the new machines are smoke. Even the ebang 18t/Hs haven't actually been seen yet, and that's a real company at least. Until some new ones start getting delivered, out of the smoke and into the real, the s9 remains king.
Emkoo

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:11:44 PM

A sr member on another thread was talking about mining when it was 1k, and it dropped to two hundred, he was mining at a loss for a bit, but he held on and hit it when the price went way up again. I think that was good advice. Personally, I'm mining and holding everything, if I cash any out it will be for another machine. I'm targeting 2020. What will the btc price be then? What will the coins you mine today be worth then? I bet a lot more than 11k per. Go to work, mine, hold, everything is going to be awesome..... eventually. So far all the new machines are smoke. Even the ebang 18t/Hs haven't actually been seen yet, and that's a real company at least. Until some new ones start getting delivered, out of the smoke and into the real, the s9 remains king.

We did pretty much the same. Bought 6 S9, paid for electrician, fan system and just hold on everything we made (getting more machines from profit until our room will be full). Hope the price will go up and make some real $$$ Smiley. I'll start my own thread with pictures soon...
kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:40:45 PM

We did pretty much the same. Bought 6 S9, paid for electrician, fan system and just hold on everything we made (getting more machines from profit until our room will be full). Hope the price will go up and make some real $$$ Smiley. I'll start my own thread with pictures soon...

Yup. Profits are only low for miners right now, if you sell right now. However most of us who mine believe the price will go back up, so we're holding as much as we can afford to.
Yrth

Activity: 123
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:11:42 PM

Very true. I ran my S5's until I ran out of space to plug them in. A long long time after they were considered profitable at the time. Because I knew BTC would rise and all the "unprofitable" coin I mined would suddenly be profitable. Damn glad I did.

I'll prolly do the exact same thing with my s7's and s9's when their "unprofitable" time comes.
coolnair

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:21:20 AM

[/quote]

If price drops that much, miners will switch to other coins. BTC difficulty will come down and it will be profitable. That's my assessment. We will know for sure when it actually happens.
Apprentice

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:26:59 AM

If price drops that much, miners will switch to other coins. BTC difficulty will come down and it will be profitable. That's my assessment. We will know for sure when it actually happens.
[/quote]

nowadays it is very risky to buy a miner and think ROI with too much volatility and uncertainty where I think many are buying a miner for the fun of mining more than an immediate investment and ROI or to get rich. But buying 1 miner and hoping to make profits is highly unlikly and uncertain.

People who already are mining would keep on adding more miners with time to keep up with the difficulty as they capable of purchasing and adding without worrying much about the ROI since their mining operation is already in place.
Thetaj

Activity: 402
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:29:14 AM

nowadays it is very risky to buy a miner and think ROI with too much volatility and uncertainty where I think many are buying a miner for the fun of mining more than an immediate investment and ROI or to get rich. But buying 1 miner and hoping to make profits is highly unlikly and uncertain.

People who already are mining would keep on adding more miners with time to keep up with the difficulty as they capable of purchasing and adding without worrying much about the ROI since their mining operation is already in place.

Well thats just the thing with being a serious miner isn't it........Once you're mining, you can't stop for at least 5 years until your infrastructure has paid for itself.

This has always been the case ever since 2015. Nothing really changed. As much as I want mining to decentralize, it will never be as decentralized as the nodes, its still a long way off. There will always be advantage of scale (and electricity)
coolnair

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:40:20 AM

You dont need to wait 5 years. You break even in less than 7 months. I broke even on some of my machines in less than 3 months last year. Your worst case now, is breaking even in 10 months. That's assuming this current price and difficultly holds (it never does).
latoxine34

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:25:39 PM

hi guys,

could you tell me how you do to be warned when s9 are available in real time ? Is there a trick ? You pay someone to stay all the time in front of bitmainshop screen refreshing?!
 You keep it secret ?  Wink
Because prices here from sellers are just crazy ( 3700 / 4500€  Shocked  they can keep it and put them...)

I've red something about Telegram ?! ( I precise I'm in europe .)

thank you.
Apprentice

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:27:18 PM

hi guys,

could you tell me how you do to be warned when s9 are available in real time ? Is there a trick ? You pay someone to stay all the time in front of bitmainshop screen refreshing?!
Because prices here from sellers are just crazy ( 3700 / 4500€  Shocked  they can keep it and put them...)

thank you.

Twitter and telegram
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:28:25 PM

hi guys,

thank you.

I am in Europe too.
Just add this to your Telegram contacts:
@BitmainNotifyBot

And be prepared to be buzzed everyday when they release the Litecoin miners and PSUs SmileySmileySmiley
But eventually they will release S9 too, just keep an eye on the bot.

Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: