Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Prime Minister: DAO’s an ‘Interesting Challenge’ for Lawmakers. OH RLY?  (Read 793 times)
depthsofsun (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 05:57:11 PM

Dmitriy Medvedev wants to find the ways to control Russian bitcoiners, speaking on International Legal Forum in St. Petersburg. Just take a look at the shitty bastard! Looks like Kremlin gang gets scared of Vitalik Buterin visiting Russia and highlighting that cryptos are not ''monetary surrogates'' but a new way of looking at the money and their implications.

https://news.bitcoin.com/russia-prime-minister-dao-challenge-law/

I hope Medvedev will pack the shit and move to North Korea, there, it will be much easier for him to brainwash old ladies and young idiots.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 11:06:24 PM

I hope Medvedev will pack the shit and move to North Korea, there, it will be much easier for him to brainwash old ladies and young idiots.

I guess his plan is to turn Russia into a new larger North Korea, and he's not far from success. He hasn't understood yet that the world where Russia was controlling everything and everyone inside its borders is crashing down. BTC is reorganizing the world, and the more centralized countries will see the biggest changes.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Batmanvsduecare

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:39:41 AM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general are a big challenge to the old governments controlled by the old minds and old ways of thinking. This new thing is scary to them and they don't understand it and don't know how to control it. their old way of thinking is what will help us win the battle and introduce cryptos to everyone in the world.
So far, both democratic and dictatorships have shown hostility towards cryptocurrencies, only to prove that freedom is a lie that governments sell to people, each in his own sauce, but when a real way of freedom comes along they all show their true faces.

duts_bg

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:44:17 AM

Putin is no fool, nor Russian statehood is 200-250 years old. As he quickly oriented to stop the USA in Ukraine, exporting fire in neuralgic points for them in the Middle East, so I guess that he has already been oriented for capabilities that provide BTC to overthrow $ from the pedestal of a global reserve currency. Interestingly, the stories around Russia for restrictions do not stand real action, while the opposite is observed in the United States. Wink

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 04:06:16 PM

I guess his plan is to turn Russia into a new larger North Korea, and he's not far from success. He hasn't understood yet that the world where Russia was controlling everything and everyone inside its borders is crashing down. BTC is reorganizing the world, and the more centralized countries will see the biggest changes.

It's quite funny seeing such characterisations of Medvedev here. After all, he spearheads the liberal (used as a swearword) faction of the Russian government, oriented towards West and globalisation. And the initiative to ban Bitcoin comes from the Russian Central Bank - a private organisation, just like any CB, with ties to the Wall Street and London financial sector.

Any bad publicity Medvedev gets is good, so, please, carry on.  Grin

The only reason Putin didn't dismiss the government of Medvedev is because he does not want to create political instability in the country at these critical times.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:01:16 PM

It was really interesting to read your opinions guys. I live in Russia and don't think our government wants to make new USSR or North Korea. No, just they want to grab money from other Russians. Believe me, salary in my town is 100 Euro per month and they just creating new and new taxes to we pay and this money go for material support of Syria or Crimea or who knows there. Just to show to the world "look, we r such good guys'. But they will take the last pants from us, citizens, soon. Please don't judge life in Russia by Moscow. Real Russia starts out of borders of Moscow. So US and EU, just stay us alone and we will die ourselves from the inside.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 05:41:06 PM

It was really interesting to read your opinions guys. I live in Russia and don't think our government wants to make new USSR or North Korea. No, just they want to grab money from other Russians. Believe me, salary in my town is 100 Euro per month and they just creating new and new taxes to we pay and this money go for material support of Syria or Crimea or who knows there. Just to show to the world "look, we r such good guys'. But they will take the last pants from us, citizens, soon. Please don't judge life in Russia by Moscow. Real Russia starts out of borders of Moscow. So US and EU, just stay us alone and we will die ourselves from the inside.

If it's any consolation for you, the taxing situation is the same in all countries. For example here in Norway you get an income tax of up to 50%, 25% VAT on goods or 12% on food, yearly "import" tax on your car, however old it is. You pay student loan (over 20+ years after your are done studying), car loan, mortgage, etc - you live on borrowed time and money. It's better to look not at how much your earn per month, but at how much is left after taxes and basic spendings. Here you get about 10-15% to set aside if you are lucky.

As for Crimea and Syria. It has nothing to do with "showing off to the world" as you put it. If anything, it only leads to more Russia-bashing here. It's a strategic goal. Syria is a "close approach" to the Russian border from South-East. Crimea has been Russian for centuries and is a key to Russian mainland from the same direction. Following your logic, Russia can just start giving away its lands staring with St Petersburg and to Siberia until there's not Russia left.

As for you dying from the inside.... You/we didn't manage to do it active help in the 90s. We didn't do it during the last millennium, we'll persevere, tough you are right that at times it was "despite the government" and not "thanks to the government".

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:35:14 AM

Honestly, I'd like to see Medvedev and his government behind bars. But that won't happen anytime soon, Putin is too afraid of Medvedev and his neo-liberal sect.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:46:26 AM

Honestly, I'd like to see Medvedev and his government behind bars. But that won't happen anytime soon, Putin is too afraid of Medvedev and his neo-liberal sect.

The oligarchs and the mafia will be very happy if Medvedev replaces Putin. The former is not as much anti-oligarch as the latter, and enjoys good relations with many of the billionaires. Medvedev will be prefered over Putin by the Western leaders as well. He is mild, and doesn't have the aggressiveness which Putin possess.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 06:12:11 PM

The oligarchs and the mafia will be very happy if Medvedev replaces Putin. The former is not as much anti-oligarch as the latter, and enjoys good relations with many of the billionaires. Medvedev will be prefered over Putin by the Western leaders as well. He is mild, and doesn't have the aggressiveness which Putin possess.

I prefer the word determination.

From what I've seen of Putin's decision-making, aggressiveness is not the correct term. He prefers to find a diplomatic solution whenever possible. Unlike Medvedev, Putin is not a push-over. As for Medvedev, I don't yet see if he is maliciously soft-bodied, or if he is just of the same kind of easily-manipulated front-man as Obama.

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:09:04 PM

He is mild, and doesn't have the aggressiveness which Putin possess.
Georgia wouldn't agree with you. Cheesy
ATA Group

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:21:15 PM

Well they killed the Russian peacekeepers first. So what did you expect "duck and cover" from Russia?

countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:41:34 PM

Had never heard of Medvedev being a liberal. I guess we don't have the same definition of liberalism... But I wonder, if he's a liberal, why does he want to regulate blockchain systems like the DAO, and put them under government's control?

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 07:57:04 PM

Had never heard of Medvedev being a liberal. I guess we don't have the same definition of liberalism... But I wonder, if he's a liberal, why does he want to regulate blockchain systems like the DAO, and put them under government's control?

He can say whatever he want, this doesn't mean that he will actually do it. The United Russia proclaims itself as conservative and centrist party, so they have to maintain their rhetoric in order to get some additional votes. But this actually changes nothing, since it's a direct successor of Unity party, which was kick-started by Boris Berezovsky.

countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:55:10 PM

He can say whatever he want, this doesn't mean that he will actually do it. The United Russia proclaims itself as conservative and centrist party, so they have to maintain their rhetoric in order to get some additional votes. But this actually changes nothing, since it's a direct successor of Unity party, which was kick-started by Boris Berezovsky.

I'm well aware of the difference between what a politician says and what he's doing. I just wanted to point that by saying this, without any act, he has assuredly lost support from many liberals.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:00:46 AM

When Russia responded to the Georgian invasion of South Ossetia, Vladimir Putin was the Prime Minister and Dmitry Medvedev was the president. So most of the decisions were influenced by Putin, although Medvedev might have taken the lead. Anyway.. if Putin is thinking about a successor, then I don't think that Medvedev is a wise choice.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:16:25 AM

Another speech of His Majesty Prime Minister of All Russia:

https://www.rt.com/politics/345031-medvedev-calls-for-major-effort/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: