Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:16:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WallStreet Day Traders Going Nuts  (Read 1689 times)
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 09:57:39 PM

Wall Street day traders stumbling onto bitcoin are going nuts.  They don't understand bitcoin so they are quick to dismiss it.  I think that they feel they missed the boat so they are in major denial at this point in time.  It's like going through the 5 stages of grief.  Denial->Anger->Bargaining->Depression->Acceptance

I think most are in the denial and anger phase when they see the bitcoin chart.  Once acceptance stage is reached they will buy bitcoins.

Day Trade Show (Denial/Anger):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCN9hiEZq0&list=UUar63hrH-Uti1eOehga_cEg&index=2

Is Bitcoin Money (Denial):
http://monetary-metals.com/is-bitcoin-money/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steamboat

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:06:56 PM

The first link sounds like the bald guy who talked shit about bitcoin a few months ago.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

The first link sounds like the bald guy who talked shit about bitcoin a few months ago.

You mean that rawdog dork?  The subject of ~yoya's very funny icon thing?  I forgot all about that guy.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:19:58 PM

Oh, you guys.  Bitcoin is just silly WoW money for nerds.

Seriously, do you guys even lift?  Tongue

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:22:31 PM

Grin
since the second link involves mises regression theorem i leave this links in here http://mises.org/humanaction/chap17sec4.asp
http://mises.org/Community/forums/t/25411.aspx

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:27:17 PM

Wall Street day traders stumbling onto bitcoin are going nuts.  They don't understand bitcoin so they are quick to dismiss it.  I think that they feel they missed the boat so they are in major denial at this point in time.  It's like going through the 5 stages of grief.  Denial->Anger->Bargaining->Depression->Acceptance

I think most are in the denial and anger phase when they see the bitcoin chart.  Once acceptance stage is reached they will buy bitcoins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCN9hiEZq0&list=UUar63hrH-Uti1eOehga_cEg&index=2

I made it through a few minutes of the first before killing the tab.

I doubt that the second buy had any hair on his balls when I started buying PM's.  A fair number of these PM 'professional' got in pretty late and missed much of the early part of the current uptrend.  And most of them, like this guy, are pretty retarded when it comes to conceptualizing Bitcoin.  This surprises me a bit since to me gold and Bitcoin somewhere between siblings and close cousins on the monetary world.  I guess that my focus on understanding computer science continues to pay off.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:40:59 PM

The guy says "I get it" then says something about BTC enabling him to buy wool socks... Roll Eyes

I don't think he does actually "get it".

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:43:05 PM

The second guy takes more than 8 minutes to say: "Bitcoin is just another irredeemable currency".  Cheesy
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:51:28 PM

First video make sense, second video is boring as hell.
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:52:34 PM

why you dont read the 2 links i posted above to get the point he is making

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:59:02 PM

why you dont read the 2 links i posted above to get the point he is making
Will do.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 11:19:03 PM

I smell fear of "establishment" shills...

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: