Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows  (Read 419322 times)
soowein

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

I never tried building the qt client, I'll see if I can have a look at it and report back if I manage to build it successfully

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:08:47 PM

ok so i have read through countless post's and google searches to no avail everything goes as it should up until the point i do the last step (compiling) and i get this

Setting up a MinGW/Qt only environment...

-- QTDIR set to C:\Qt\4.8.6
-- PATH set to C:\Qt\4.8.6\bin
-- Adding C:\mingw32\bin to PATH
-- Adding C:\Windows\System32 to PATH
-- QMAKESPEC set to win32-g++-4.6

C:\Qt\4.8.6>cd C:\bitcoin\

C:\bitcoin>qmake "USE_QRCODE=1" "USE_UPNP=1" "USE_IPV6=1" bitcoin-qt.pro
Project MESSAGE: Building with QRCode support
Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP support
Removed plural forms as the target language has less forms.
If this sounds wrong, possibly the target language is not set or recognized.

C:\bitcoin>mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
cd C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE mi
ngw32-make OPT="-pipe -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2" liblev
eldb.a libmemenv.a && ranlib C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a && ranlib C:/bi
tcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
'CC' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Makefile.Release:301: recipe for target 'c:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a' failed
mingw32-make: *** [c:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 1

I've Try'd
Building libleveldb.a libmemenv.a from scratch over several times
try'd using libleveldb.a libmemenv.a from diff coin sources
try'd windows cmd & qt cmd
try'd multiple versions of mingw, msys, Qt
try'd editing bitcoin-qt.pro and makefile.mingw
added to PATH
added to folder's ie qt, mingw etc

getting the same error regardless of what i do tho

i can build bitcoind no probz at all with no errors just the damn qt wallet Sad

dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 06:02:35 PM

If you keep getting this exact error, then this exact error is what you should address:
cd C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE mi
ngw32-make OPT="-pipe -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2" liblev
eldb.a libmemenv.a && ranlib C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a && ranlib C:/bi
Makefile.Release:301: recipe for target 'c:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a' failed

I think you're skipping some important (analysis) steps in solving it.  As I read this output, it's telling you that "CC" is not a recognized command.  As far as I know, the command line as entered will generate this error as long as CC isn't a recognized command because "cd [blah blah blah] && [X]" means to change the active directory and then (assuming the directory existed and was accessible and therefore the cd command succeeded) execute X, and in Windows, "CC" really isn't a recognized command.

The command line comes from the mingw32-make executable, which appears to run under the assumption that it is in a shell that allows command-line variable assignments without using "SET" (as in "SET CC=gcc"), and the shell you're running doesn't allow that.  If mingw32-make created a command line that used SET (as in "cd [blah blah blah] && SET CC=gcc...", then maybe it would get past that part, but if I'm right about what mingw32-make needs in the shell it invokes, you'll get other errors anyway.

My best guess is that mingw32-make will invoke a shell that is supposed to be a minGW shell, and something about your setup causes it to invoke a non-MinGW shell.

I am extremely rusty, so there's a lot of guesswork in what I wrote.  If anyone reads that and sees an error in my guesswork, I'd very much appreciate if you point it out to me.

The main point I wanted to stress is that every error provides specific details that we ought not just ignore.  In this case, the fact is that it interpreted your use of CC as "an internal or external command, operable program or batch file," and you definitely are not using it that way.  When you track down the exact problem, you learn a lot along the way and expand your ability to help others.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:09:11 PM

If you keep getting this exact error, then this exact error is what you should address:

I think you're skipping some important (analysis) steps in solving it.  As I read this output, it's telling you that "CC" is not a recognized command.  As far as I know, the command line as entered will generate this error as long as CC isn't a recognized command because "cd [blah blah blah] && [X]" means to change the active directory and then (assuming the directory existed and was accessible and therefore the cd command succeeded) execute X, and in Windows, "CC" really isn't a recognized command.

The command line comes from the mingw32-make executable, which appears to run under the assumption that it is in a shell that allows command-line variable assignments without using "SET" (as in "SET CC=gcc"), and the shell you're running doesn't allow that.  If mingw32-make created a command line that used SET (as in "cd [blah blah blah] && SET CC=gcc...", then maybe it would get past that part, but if I'm right about what mingw32-make needs in the shell it invokes, you'll get other errors anyway.

My best guess is that mingw32-make will invoke a shell that is supposed to be a minGW shell, and something about your setup causes it to invoke a non-MinGW shell.

I am extremely rusty, so there's a lot of guesswork in what I wrote.  If anyone reads that and sees an error in my guesswork, I'd very much appreciate if you point it out to me.

The main point I wanted to stress is that every error provides specific details that we ought not just ignore.  In this case, the fact is that it interpreted your use of CC as "an internal or external command, operable program or batch file," and you definitely are not using it that way.  When you track down the exact problem, you learn a lot along the way and expand your ability to help others.

like i said

I've Try'd
added to PATH

I've followed the guide exactly how it is.

gonna do the setup i had earlier if i can remember what i installed as that got me past the lib problem which i'm now stuck with again. an the other error was for mingw32 make error for releasing bitcoin-qt.exe

THANKYOU FOR THE INPUT THO.

36hrs on it straight why i have not succeeded i don't know
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 07:51:53 PM

like i said

I've Try'd
added to PATH

Some of the items in the guide (you mean OP, right?) indicate to use Windows cmd, and some to use MinGW shell, but it doesn't mention using qt cmd.  I think qt cmd might be a Windows cmd with some extra environment variables, but the MinGW shell has a lot more than that.

... the lib problem which i'm now stuck with again. an the other error was for mingw32 make error for releasing bitcoin-qt.exe
I only saw your output of the mingw-make error.  The way you got around the lib problem might be related to the mingw-make problem.  Since I complied bitcoind and bitcoinQT together, I didn't have to rebuild leveldb, so my experience might be useless to you.  I am curious how mingw-make chooses what interpreter to use when it issues that command line with the CC in it.

Nitro has been updating OP, so there might be some bad advice elsewhere in the thread that tripped you up if you read through it all.  When I realized that, I skipped everything up to the last post he made in which he indicated that he was updating OP.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
helloword2013

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:11:22 PM

when to compile qttools-opensource:
Code:
c:\qt\qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0>mingw32-make
cd src\ && ( if not exist Makefile c:\Qt\5.3.0\bin\qmake.exe C:\qt\qttools-opens
ource-src-5.3.0\src\src.pro -o Makefile ) && mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'c:/qt/qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0/src'
cd linguist\ && ( if not exist Makefile c:\Qt\5.3.0\bin\qmake.exe C:\qt\qttools-
opensource-src-5.3.0\src\linguist\linguist.pro -o Makefile ) && mingw32-make -f
Makefile
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory 'c:/qt/qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0/src/ling
uist'
cd lrelease\ && ( if not exist Makefile c:\Qt\5.3.0\bin\qmake.exe C:\qt\qttools-
opensource-src-5.3.0\src\linguist\lrelease\lrelease.pro -o Makefile ) && mingw32
-make -f Makefile
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: xml
Makefile:40: recipe for target 'sub-lrelease-make_first' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [sub-lrelease-make_first] Error 3
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory 'c:/qt/qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0/src/lingu
ist'
Makefile:41: recipe for target 'sub-linguist-make_first' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-linguist-make_first] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'c:/qt/qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0/src'
Makefile:40: recipe for target 'sub-src-make_first' failed
mingw32-make: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
how to fix it?
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 08:56:27 AM

Are you building qt 5.3.0 opensource like this?? , you need both qtbase and qttools

set INCLUDE=C:\deps\libpng-1.6.16;C:\deps\openssl-1.0.2a\include
set LIB=C:\deps\libpng-1.6.16\.libs;C:\deps\openssl-1.0.2a

cd C:\Qt\5.3.0
configure.bat -release -opensource -confirm-license -static -make libs -no-sql-sqlite -no-opengl -system-zlib -qt-pcre -no-icu -no-gif -system-libpng -no-libjpeg -no-freetype -no-angle -no-vcproj -openssl-linked -no-dbus -no-audio-backend -no-wmf-backend -no-qml-debug

mingw32-make

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Qt\5.3.0\bin

cd C:\Qt\qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0
qmake qttools.pro
mingw32-make

.............. if you are building bitcoin I never tried but would not recommend qt 5.3.0 , unless back on bitcoin client 9.1 or 9.2

Code:
cd src\ && ( if not exist Makefile c:\Qt\5.3.0\bin\qmake.exe C:\qt\qttools-opens
cd linguist\ && ( if not exist Makefile c:\Qt\5.3.0\bin\qmake.exe C:\qt\qttools-
Makefile
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory 'c:/qt/qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0/src/ling
uist'
cd lrelease\ && ( if not exist Makefile c:\Qt\5.3.0\bin\qmake.exe C:\qt\qttools-
opensource-src-5.3.0\src\linguist\lrelease\lrelease.pro -o Makefile ) && mingw32
-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory 'c:/qt/qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0/src/lingu
ist'
how to fix it?

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:05:01 PM

.............. if you are building bitcoin I never tried but would not recommend qt 5.3.0 , unless back on bitcoin client 9.1 or 9.2

Why not?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
helloword2013

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:59:49 PM

Are you building qt 5.3.0 opensource like this?? , you need both qtbase and qttools

set INCLUDE=C:\deps\libpng-1.6.16;C:\deps\openssl-1.0.2a\include
set LIB=C:\deps\libpng-1.6.16\.libs;C:\deps\openssl-1.0.2a

cd C:\Qt\5.3.0
configure.bat -release -opensource -confirm-license -static -make libs -no-sql-sqlite -no-opengl -system-zlib -qt-pcre -no-icu -no-gif -system-libpng -no-libjpeg -no-freetype -no-angle -no-vcproj -openssl-linked -no-dbus -no-audio-backend -no-wmf-backend -no-qml-debug

mingw32-make

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Qt\5.3.0\bin

cd C:\Qt\qttools-opensource-src-5.3.0
qmake qttools.pro
mingw32-make

Code:
Makefile
uist'
-make -f Makefile
ist'
how to fix it?
yes,building bitcoin.Perl64 already installed but compiling find some errors .
sikaxchange

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:06:35 PM

unfortunately i have never used the Bitcoin Qt does anyone know if it really works
Hullabaloo

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:00:38 PM

Code:
checking for QtDBus... no
./configure: line 21329: syntax error near unexpected token `QTPLATFORM,'
./configure: line 21329: `        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QTPLATFORM, Qt5PlatformSuppo
rt, QT_LIBS="$QTPLATFORM_LIBS $QT_LIBS")'

Pierre-Louis@Bellatrix /f/dev/Worldcoin_core/1rc3/bitcoin
$ pkg-config --version

I tried copying the files from pkg-config dev/tool, compiled/installed pkg-config-lite, reran autogen.sh, started another msys, rebooted even, but still configure gives me this error (0.10.1rc3).  Is it possible there's an environment variable missing (like qtplatform_libs or something)?

Running pkg-config gives me the right version number so I'm assuming it's installed correctly.  Any suggestions? Thanks. Smiley

Tips? BTC: 1PuPCtUt3pmMjbiLTgTKD6G9AkQS3FBUtD            WDC: WPmzeDfXjgoTEztP1rGCe1ZcBLLMJq7yvL
                                                        Time is Bitcoin!
altcoinex

Activity: 293

Director - www.cubeform.io

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 06:44:56 PM

Code:
./configure: line 21329: `        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QTPLATFORM, Qt5PlatformSuppo

$ pkg-config --version

I tried copying the files from pkg-config dev/tool, compiled/installed pkg-config-lite, reran autogen.sh, started another msys, rebooted even, but still configure gives me this error (0.10.1rc3).  Is it possible there's an environment variable missing (like qtplatform_libs or something)?

Running pkg-config gives me the right version number so I'm assuming it's installed correctly.  Any suggestions? Thanks. Smiley

It is hard to think of what might be the case. I can tell you that I had pkg-config installed and giving me the right version as well and it was still not working. I then removed it and installed JUST pkg-config-lite in msys, reran autogen.sh, closed all open cmd/msys windows, and then it worked. Also make sure the mingw, and toolchain bin paths are BOTH in your PATH variable(for me, C:\MinGW\bin and C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin), although im sure if you got this far already they likely are.

╓╢╬╣╣╖
                                   ┌║██████║∩
                                   ]█████████
                                    ╜██████╝`
                                      ╙╜╜╜`
                                   ╓╥@@@@@@╥╓
         ╓╖@@╖,                 ,@║██████████╢@,                 ,╓@@╖╓
       ╓╢██████╢.              ╓╢███████████████╖               ║╢█████║╓
       ║█████████    ,,╓╓,,   ┌║█████████████████┐   ,,╓╓,,    ]█████████
       └╢██████║` ╓╢║██████╢║∩``╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙`»╢╢██████╢║╖  ║███████╜
         "╜╜╜╜` ╖╢█████████╣╜                      └╢██████████@ `╜╜╜╜╜
               ║██████████╜                          ╙╢██████████
              ┌█████████╜                              ╙╢█████████
              └███████╨`                                 ╜████████
               ║████╨╜                                    `╢█████
                ╙╢╣╜                                        └╢█╜
                ,,                                            ,,
             ╓@║██┐                                          ┌██║@╓
            ╢██████                                          ]█████H
           ╢███████∩                                        ┌████████
  ╓@@@@╓   █████████                                        ║████████`  ╓@@@@╖
╓╢██████║. █████████∩                                      ┌█████████ ,║███████╖
██████████ └█████████                                      ██████████ ]█████████
`║██████╜`  └╢████████                                    ┌███████╣╜   ╙██████╨`
  `╙╜╜╙`      `╙╨╢████                                    █████╝╜`       `╙╜╜`
                      ]@╓                              ╓╖H
                      ███╢║@╓,                    ,╓@╢╢███`
                      ████████╢@╖╓.           ╓╖@║████████`
                      ]███████████╢║@╓,  ,╓@╢╢████████████
                       ╙╢█████████████╨` ╜██████████████╜
                         ╙╝╢███████║╜`    `╜║████████╝╜`
                     ,╓@@@╓  `²╙``             `╙²`  ╓@@@╖,
                    ║╢█████╢H                      ╓╢██████H
                    █████████                      █████████`
                    ╙╢██████╜                      ╙╢██████╜
                      └╨╩╝┘                          └╨╩╝╜
WINFLOW.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Hullabaloo

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:24:33 PM

Code:

$ pkg-config --version

It is hard to think of what might be the case. I can tell you that I had pkg-config installed and giving me the right version as well and it was still not working. I then removed it and installed JUST pkg-config-lite in msys, reran autogen.sh, closed all open cmd/msys windows, and then it worked. Also make sure the mingw, and toolchain bin paths are BOTH in your PATH variable(for me, C:\MinGW\bin and C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin), although im sure if you got this far already they likely are.

I removed from mingw32, copied manually lite to msys, and configure worked (after a couple of tries, threading problem maybe). Thanks for the hint, it's compiling! Smiley

Tips? BTC: 1PuPCtUt3pmMjbiLTgTKD6G9AkQS3FBUtD            WDC: WPmzeDfXjgoTEztP1rGCe1ZcBLLMJq7yvL
                                                        Time is Bitcoin!
nitrogenetics (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:05:24 PM

Code:

$ pkg-config --version

Copying pkg.m4 to C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\share\aclocal (or whatever your msys install folder is) should fix it.

Also make sure the mingw, and toolchain bin paths are BOTH in your PATH variable(for me, C:\MinGW\bin and C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin), although im sure if you got this far already they likely are.

This is not necessary. In a properly configured environment you will have no C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin folder and C:\MinGW\bin will just contain mingw-get executable.

BTC: 1NWQ4TarCCC7j1XY26KRFFEtLYbPP6S3DH
XRP: rJkbeyRaUYDmcukEyLYVfn56QDM9VhybZG
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:11:24 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 06:22:28 PM by cisahasa

Code:
./configure: line 21329: `        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QTPLATFORM, Qt5PlatformSuppo

$ pkg-config --version

I tried copying the files from pkg-config dev/tool, compiled/installed pkg-config-lite, reran autogen.sh, started another msys, rebooted even, but still configure gives me this error (0.10.1rc3).  Is it possible there's an environment variable missing (like qtplatform_libs or something)?

Running pkg-config gives me the right version number so I'm assuming it's installed correctly.  Any suggestions? Thanks. Smiley

Copying pkg.m4 to C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\share\aclocal (or whatever your msys install folder is) should fix it.

Also make sure the mingw, and toolchain bin paths are BOTH in your PATH variable(for me, C:\MinGW\bin and C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin), although im sure if you got this far already they likely are.

This is not necessary. In a properly configured environment you will have no C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin folder and C:\MinGW\bin will just contain mingw-get executable.

"It seems it would probably be a better option to install pkg-config:"
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkgconfiglite/files/0.28-1/pkg-config-lite-0.28-1.tar.gz/download
configure --prefix=/mingw32 && make && make install

------
 or just..my easy solution, copy paste

i had pkg installed earlier as i did it with gpuminer. (copy paste bin/share folders)
now installed pkg again as you told above and now there is one error line less..
 but still this:

./configure: line 21247: syntax error near unexpected token `QTPLATFORM,'
./configure: line 21247: `        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QTPLATFORM, Qt5PlatformSuppo

edit, solved
to mingw32 folder:
** Install pkg-config **
1. Visit http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php
2. Search for a version of pkg-config that includes both the Tool and Dev downloads
3. Click and download both the Tool link and the Dev link
4. Open the pkg-config zip file and extract the bin folder to C:\mingw32
5. Open the pkg-config-dev zip file and extract the share folder to C:\mingw32

xingming

Activity: 322

Writing to dispel society's myths.

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:22:53 PM

What's the minimum recommanded system for Bitcoin-qt on windows , I have an old computer and thinking to
made a cloud wallet from it Smiley  .

Respects ,
Xin Ming .

nitrogenetics (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:08:47 PM

i had pkg installed earlier as i did it with gpuminer. (copy paste bin/share folders)
now installed pkg again as you told above and now there is one error line less..
 but still this:

./configure: line 21247: syntax error near unexpected token `QTPLATFORM,'
./configure: line 21247: `        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QTPLATFORM, Qt5PlatformSuppo

edit, solved
to mingw32 folder:
** Install pkg-config **
1. Visit http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php
2. Search for a version of pkg-config that includes both the Tool and Dev downloads
3. Click and download both the Tool link and the Dev link
4. Open the pkg-config zip file and extract the bin folder to C:\mingw32
5. Open the pkg-config-dev zip file and extract the share folder to C:\mingw32
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkgconfiglite/files/0.28-1/pkg-config-lite-0.28-1.tar.gz/download
Code:
configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install
I was unable to make autoreconf include m4 files from folders other than /usr/share/aclocal, so I configured it to be installed to /usr.

Either installing pkg-config-lite with
Code:
configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install
or copying pkg.m4 from source package to aclocal folder will work. Just make sure it gets installed to C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\share\aclocal\pkg.m4

As an additional option you can switch to msys2.

I'll try to do my best to get the op updated asap.

BTC: 1NWQ4TarCCC7j1XY26KRFFEtLYbPP6S3DH
XRP: rJkbeyRaUYDmcukEyLYVfn56QDM9VhybZG
BanzaiBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:05:00 PM

Hi

I have a problem compiling litecoin on windows 7 64bit

I downloaded the latest litecoin source
Changed the .pro as it should be for windows Wink

I first compiled non-static, which causes an error at shut down of the QT (Is there a fix for this btw?)

After a long and stressfull week (actually it is more then 1 week Lips sealed) fighting with installation files I finally compiled a static wallet.

I use QT 4.8.6 opensource everywhere version
mingw49
boost 1_55_0
and the rest of course

The compile itself is not giving me any errors what so ever. I see a nicely build ~21mb litecoin-qt.exe in my release folder. BUT! when I want to open the qt, it doenst even load the splash image of litecoin. Instead it instantly gives me this warning

Dutch windows Wink

I dont see a litecoin folder in roaming either  Huh So it appears it is not even trying to do something  Cheesy

Any advice ?

Cheers,

Banzai
squiggie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 11:37:42 PM

I'm having an issue compiling an alt qt. From what I can tell, this is an issue with building a static/shared dependency miniupnpc. For the life of me I can't get past this error though no matter what I try.

Things I've tried;
  • Compile shared and static miniupnpc with  mingw32-make makefile.mingw upnpc-shared/static
  • Tried disabling miniupnpc by qmake use_upnp=-
  • Tried grabbing an old version of miniupnpc and using that
  • Successfully built Bitcoind and Bitcoin-QT to make sure all deps were good

Here is the error.
Code:
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x8673): undefined reference to `_imp__upnpDiscover
'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x86aa): undefined reference to `_imp__UPNP_GetVali
dIGD'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x86eb): undefined reference to `_imp__UPNP_GetExte
rnalIPAddress'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x8767): undefined reference to `_imp__freeUPNPDevl
ist'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x877a): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeUPNPUrls
'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x8867): undefined reference to `_imp__strupnperror
'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x88f3): undefined reference to `_imp__UPNP_AddPort
Mapping'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x897b): undefined reference to `_imp__UPNP_DeleteP
ortMapping'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x899a): undefined reference to `_imp__freeUPNPDevl
ist'
./build\net.o:net.cpp:(.text+0x89a9): undefined reference to `_imp__FreeUPNPUrls
'
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: ./build\net.o: bad reloc address 0x20 in section `.data'
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: final link failed: Invalid operation
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Release:311: recipe for target 'release\coin-qt.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [release\coin-qt.exe] Error 1

Any suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 12:18:51 AM

If i may, let me make a few suggestions to build a windows qt for litecoin and litecoind

I find it much easier using mingw46, boost 1_55_0 , qt open source everywhere 4.8.5  and the recent qr builds along with the latest open ssl 1.0.2a

In fact just now i figured i would try it just to make sure it works and it compiled in about 7 minutes on the first lick.

I added to line 11 in the .pro file of litecoin since it is empty the line below.

CONFIG += static

and on line 51 here a -static at the end of the line

https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/blob/master-0.8/bitcoin-qt.pro#L51

should look like this (line 88 in my coin Photon)

https://github.com/photonproject/photon/blob/master/Photon-qt.pro#L88

This is a little off topic, my apology to Nitrogenetics and all who are looking to build bitcoin but I realize many of the questions asked here in particular about older build tools are being asked to compile alt coins not necessarly the topic of this awesome thread--- the latest bitcoin build !

If you need some help or links to additional items you cannot find here on the forum on on stack exchange, shoot me a pm and I can direct you to some resources that outline Nitrogenetics 'older' now 'out of date' tutorials.....  cheers...

Note this built a static litecoin wallet for me, if you want a non static, even easier preparing your build system and you work from a qt command prompt and do not need to set path vs. for static build use windows prompt and set the path for the qt you are building with. Build the command line daemon from a msys shell with makefile.mingw....(adjusting paths before building as necessary) .  Also remember to compile leveldb before you try to build the wallet as instructed on the first page of this post....

Hope this helps you and others .... let's try to stay on topic here , I don't want to upset the  man who has through his various chages to this post over time taught me a lot !!  NITROGENETICS IS THE MAN

Hi

I have a problem compiling litecoin on windows 7 64bit

I downloaded the latest litecoin source
Changed the .pro as it should be for windows Wink

I first compiled non-static, which causes an error at shut down of the QT (Is there a fix for this btw?)

After a long and stressfull week (actually it is more then 1 week Lips sealed) fighting with installation files I finally compiled a static wallet.

I use QT 4.8.6 opensource everywhere version
mingw49
boost 1_55_0
and the rest of course

The compile itself is not giving me any errors what so ever. I see a nicely build ~21mb litecoin-qt.exe in my release folder. BUT! when I want to open the qt, it doenst even load the splash image of litecoin. Instead it instantly gives me this warning

Dutch windows Wink

I dont see a litecoin folder in roaming either  Huh So it appears it is not even trying to do something  Cheesy

Any advice ?

Cheers,

Banzai

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: