Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:54:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is good about DAO?  (Read 1884 times)
Maza963

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:49:22 PM

DAO is good because help some people  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:58:47 PM

You know DAO is going to tank when the #1 and #2 Eth shills have already posted in the thread and could think of absolutely no reason why someone would want this scam asset.

QFT

and..

"Also the DAO is not a cryptocurrency, altcoin, nor a platform" ?

Then why is it discussed here ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:03:51 PM

For those wanting to know a little about some of the potential legal aspects of the DAO (written by a US based lawyer). Also the third paragraph in the section labeled "Why voting might be The DAO’s Achilles Heel?" makes an interesting and obvious point about the value of the DAO and ETH once spending begins.

http://www.coindesk.com/the-law-of-the-dao/
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:09:12 PM

The DAO is a business owned by tokenholders who use their tokens to vote on business opportunities for The DAO to pursue with the hope of participating in the profit from those opportunities.

DAO tokenholders will likely be considered general partners if The DAO gets sued. As general partners each tokenholder (even if you own just 1) could be held legally liable for the entire debt. An enterprising Plaintiff's attorney might start off by subpoenaing an exchange with KNC requirements to get a list of tokenholders, then start adding the tokenholders with collectible assets to his lawsuit.

Oh stfu.

Threatening this kind of thing should be a bannable offense on bitcointalk.

Did we all get in to crypto because we all love to suck the bankers cocks or deal with all that horse shit?

If you did please leave the building.

So many threats, SEC, CIA, FBI and the MIB

Bitcoin faggots will really sink to the lowest point to scare people off ethereum.  If the FUD and fear spreading has got to this point it shows they are threatened.

Man, fuck you and fuck your businesses.  They can all go bust.  

Ethereum to the moo [ha ha] n

Ohhhh YOU STFU

For one thing you should have been banned already for account hopping and spamming about ETH.

And no you are wrong discussing the legality of a coin is not a rule broken.. nor should it be.

Nor was there any threats issued by that guy.

Can i ask you a serious question ?
Are you mentally challenged ?
..or maybe V.Butterin himself ?

Seriously i think you are retarded and i know i had a sister who was Retarded until she died at 12 yrs old.
She could not talk or hear etc and was unable to walk but..
I had better / smarter conversations & communication with her than i do you and the other 3 or 4 shill accounts.

ETH is s scammy load of bullshit sweet heart..
Don't like my comment ?

Go made a DAPP about it (and maybe a few more shill accounts here to ETH spam with)

It's funny the guys who spout off the most about bans are the ones that need one themselves the most.
Do you think we can't tell you apart when you jump from BCT accounts ?

And nice try fail-queen..
Nice try trying to say you were just being sarcastic and getting laughed at for your failed DAO retort.
You were NOT being sarcastic.. just an idiot as usual.
And after getting caught you just tried to cover it up.

Shilltards need to close their dick holsters.. too much FUD crying  Cry

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:10:55 AM

You know DAO is going to tank when the #1 and #2 Eth shills have already posted in the thread and could think of absolutely no reason why someone would want this scam asset.

Yes, this is going to probably tank. At this moment there are 44 proposals on the table and 36 of them are so investors can split and go through the 48 day process to get a portion of their ETH back. Not sure why they want to go through that process when they can dump their tokens on some other unfortunate soul in less than an hour, for Bitcoin.
At the moment, I'm bag holding. Not sure what irrational aspect of myself wants to stay on this sinking ship when lifeboats are still readily available.
Before making the folly and purchasing these junk tokens a month ago, I had managed to stay away from ETH, for the most part. Something in my soul told me there was something seriously wrong with it. My suspicions have been fully confirmed running the Mist wallet. What a clunker. I had less problems with the 98 Seabring convertible that I just gave away.
Here I go again, flipping from cheerleader to butt hurt troll again. Oh well, maybe if any of these alts actually were worth a shit, I wouldn't be prone to change my mind. The only coin that I really want is Bitcoin. I should just come to terms with that. For now, any DAO holders should take note. When you see me flip my position on a token, you should see it as a sign. Like when the canary just stopped singing and looks dead, and you're a miner.

Ya man, the DAO is a complete fiasco.

Basically, you can't ever get your ETH back (even in the planned 48 days, never)...
Because of a simple "stalking exploit" automated with scripts that creates a "ransomeware" standoff.

Also, in the Venture Capital space investors typically take > 50-60% of the equity...
And even at that level Venture Capital funds are a high risk business.

Most proposals are offering a paltry 5% "rewards" of this or that...
And not a single proposal is anywhere near reaching the 20% quorum required...
Because most people are too lazy to analyze proposals (like Bitshares)... and there are no whales to rig the system (like NXT).

Unless someone aligned with the investors completely rethinks everything... it will be an ongoing shit show.

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:21:25 AM

Don Tapscott, on his world tour of Blockchain Revolution, mentions DAO in his slide presentation, for:

SELF-FUNDING $150 million+

So clearly, it is a fascinating experiment to watch. 

Not necessarily to invest... but, in terms of decentralizing economics, definitely a good thing.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:24:38 AM

It's all chaos right now because this is a completely new idea and experiment. I think many token holders are starting to realize that there's a lot of money to throw around and they don't really care to wait for 10-15 years for some minuscule profits. This might had been the initial idea, to fund slock.it and other "futuristic" endeavors like that but things are changing fast. The first proposal from Slock.it was massively rejected, so that says the DAO is not as stupid as it appears to be.

If the DAO can actually start choosing profitable business to develop (it doesn't need to be tech, decentralized or anything remotely "groundbreaking") and demand some certain guarantees, equity, ROI and yearly profits then the sky is the limit for how much 1 single token could be worth.

If all start to fail, I'm sure splitting will be much easier, after all it's just ETH in a smart contract basically. Curators and holders will know what's best for them.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:49:29 AM

The DAO was rapidly positioned into the top 5 in market capitalization because of its 150 million dollars. But after these first weeks I can't see a real increase in its capitalization, and even I could think it's struggling too much to keep the money. A fast disappointment seems closer every day....
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:51:15 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 04:01:40 AM by bones261

Basically, you can't ever get your ETH back (even in the planned 48 days, never)...
Because of a simple "stalking exploit" automated with scripts that creates a "ransomeware" standoff.

The only problem with this attack is that it ties up the attacker's funds as well. If the attacker finds a victim who is particularly stubborn, and simply refuses to whitelist the attacker so that he/she can make proposals, it will take the attacker at least 48 days to split & retreat. This would then subject the attacker to having the "stalking exploit" used against him/her.

Just think, we could have even more ETH tied up in split DAO's so it can be pumped even harder. No wonder many of the ETH team are curators for the DAO.   Roll Eyes

As one looks at it now, it appears the DAO is just one big ETH burning service. The only proposals that have a chance of succeeding right now propose a Moratorium for any further proposals (which will tie up the ETH indefinitely), one that increases the amount to make a proposal (which will tie up more ETH) and one that proposes to return DAO tokens sent to the DAO by mistake. What is funny about the last proposal is that most people who made the mistake sent it direct from an exchange. It may take an act of God for these individuals to ever get their DAO back, since it was sent from an exchange hot wallet.
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:44:29 AM

what about slock.it?  Wasn't that the reason most people invested?       
MyownBoss

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:54:37 AM

QFT

and..

I have no clue why people keep discussing it here, it must be because you bought in with ethereum (also not a CC).

Rule #1:Never lose money.
Rule #2: Never forget #
MyownBoss

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:01:37 AM

what about slock.it?  Wasn't that the reason most people invested?      

For the masses...maybe. I invested because the idea of a company/organization completely owned by crypto-geeks makes me happy. Slock.it was just one of a few proposals. There are a TON being discussed. Price aside: IT IS AWESOME!!! Smiley

BTW the dao won't fund a proposal like slock.it (RIGHT NOW) because the initial sentiment is that the first proposals should increase the working capital of the DAO. Slock.it is just a bit too risky, and MOST people know that. The community is not as dumb as people make them seem. There are plenty of "bad opinions" but the intelligent opinions usually outweigh the dumb ones. Most of all people DO vote. It's actually pretty cool.

blackyblack

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:56:28 AM

I think the best proposal for The Dao so far is: https://dao.consider.it/first-come-proposal

This proposal targets 20M USD funding. The contractor is obligated to distribute the funds to everyone who has voted "Yes", propotional to voted DAO tokens.
This is riskless proposal. Contractor will be represented with a smart contract deployed and validated on a Ethereum network and audited by a 3rd party.

Maybe this one will pass 20% quorum threshold.
MyownBoss

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:19:06 AM

I think the best proposal for The Dao so far is: https://dao.consider.it/first-come-proposal

This proposal targets 20M USD funding. The contractor is obligated to distribute the funds to everyone who has voted "Yes", propotional to voted DAO tokens.
This is riskless proposal. Contractor will be represented with a smart contract deployed and validated on a Ethereum network and audited by a 3rd party.

Maybe this one will pass 20% quorum threshold.

i do not think it will, that is chump change IMO, the dao is a company, 20M split between X amount of People, based on proportion of tokens. No no no lol Maybe if it involved making 20M it would be considered seriously.

This is the logic of the DAO:"This proposal is destructive and selfish. Please remove your proposal for the sake of good DAO-citizenship." lol

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:06:51 AM

QFT

and..

I have no clue why people keep discussing it here, it must be because you bought in with ethereum (also not a CC).

They ignore you then roll out a more complicated "investment" scheme scam..

TO TAKE YOUR BITCOIN + FIAT

Why are they allowed to use this forum section as a dumping ground for various types of scams ?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: