Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubuntu 12.04 Driver Recommendation (ATI)  (Read 497 times)
windexh8er (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 06:06:02 PM

I've read a few different posts on recommendations of drivers for ATI on Ubuntu, but I wanted to ask the question again as I haven't found any information around the newer drivers.  Part of my problem stems from the fact that I don't see very good MH/s numbers in either Phoenix or cgminer (so I'm guessing it's my setup).

My cards are:
  • 4470 (?) APU

I was just trying to single out the 5870 but was only seeing maybe 20-22MH/s.  Cgminer showed a clock rate of 150 I believe, and I tried setting that to 850, but it doesn't seem to like that.

So...  Back to square one.  Which drivers should I use?  I pulled the 12.10 drivers from the ATI site and grabbed the 2.1 SDK.  I think, from past experience, if I just use the installer to uninstall the ATI 12.10 drivers it pulls the SDK changes out from the system (correct me if I'm wrong please).  I was going to try the 'post-update' drivers that come with Ubuntu 12.04, but Ubuntu likes to not tell you what those actually are or what that means (I suppose I should dig around in apt-cache).

But, what works and what's good for the 5k series of cards?  I'm kind of pissed because I had the 5830 in a box from one of those daily deal sites and they "sold" me a 5870, but it's not.  Bastards, guess I shouldn't have shelved it for 4 months before opening it up.  Whooops...

Anyway, TIA!  Seems like the forums are relatively vibrant...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: