Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing our Canadian mining farm at 25PH/sec  (Read 24527 times)
secup (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 06:26:30 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 01:09:48 AM by frodocooper

Hi there bitcointalkers,

UPDATED PICS : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1498901.msg18807075#msg18807075

We are presenting our Canadian mining farm site #2.

Our current hashrate power is 4PH/sec, our current electricity capacity is 5 megawatts, we are going to expand to 10 megawatts shortly after the halving.

Here are some pictures of our setup (second site). Site #2 currently host 612 antMiner S7, site #1 host 288 antMiner S7 plus some ETH gpu. Electricity usage of both site combined is 1.2 megawatts. Noise level is at 90 Db

We will update with picture of mining site #1 which was our "beta" test heh.

If you guys have any questions, comments, feel free to do so.

https://i.imgur.com/X6h8QdH.jpg

Inside a mining pod!

https://i.imgur.com/qasWSlL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/o68sE0O.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 07:11:33 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 01:12:57 AM by frodocooper

Hi everyone,

Just to add upon secup's pictures, I have a few more of that same farm given that we work together on this venture.

The upcoming pictures are still of Farm #2. We'll sort some pictures of farm #1 and post them soon.

The build was started a little bit over 3 weeks ago and we managed to complete it in order to host all the S7's we have received so far. Of course, a lot more is to come, but for the time being here are some pictures:

First of all, here is a picture of a full Row of S7's along with their transformer:

You can see here we still have a lot of switches for future racks. Our farm network is entirely redundant and built upon Cisco certified products for a robust setup.

Electrical distribution for one row (half a pod):

Here's another row of S7's:

Some overview of two pods. Lot more of those will be built in 2016!

Next pods are in progress, we keep receiving electrical distribution components.

And finally here are some custom sensors I built for the farm so we can monitor temperature, humidity and pressure at all times:

Feel free to share us your comments and thoughts.

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
secup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 09:02:49 PM

That's fantastic. But, how cheap electricity is at your place? Can u compete with the Chinese? Moreover, regarding your plan of mining ETH, are you aware of the fact that they will soon turn into PoS?

Electricity is around 0.035 US dollars. It get lower once we get into the 10-20 megawatts (0.02 USD). No one can really compete against China, unless someone can produce a machine with same or better spec/price for general public in North America. On a side note , i am not too sure how much China is paying their electricity.

If China tomorrow decides to stop exporting their machines, rest of the world will just suck salt. However, them selling their machines is 1 way to get real cash into their business. so its a give-give scenario. I do seriously believe China knows very well that if trust is lost in BTC cause of centralization, their will go bankrupt, but that's left for another discussion Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:36:13 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 01:15:20 AM by frodocooper

.02 is still pretty amazing price on electricity.  Thanks for sharing setup it looks very good.  Love you took time to make custom monitor of environment.. shows attention to details.  Do you have pictures of Ether setup?

Thanks for sharing.
louiseth1
Legendary

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 10:13:44 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 01:17:19 AM by frodocooper

.02 is still pretty amazing price on electricity.  Thanks for sharing setup it looks very good.  Love you took time to make custom monitor of environment.. shows attention to details.  Do you have pictures of Ether setup?

Thanks for sharing.

I got some for you. I will need to take a day to take good pictures of our stuff, for now here is what I have for the ETH setup. It's located in our smaller farm.
We are currently running 20x 280x and 20x 380, looking to buy 20 more to load both racks fully and use the kits we have bought.

The racks were at temporary location on these pictures, there is no more S7's pushing heat into the GPU's Smiley

This is while I was still setting them up (was missing some PCI-e splitters and some risers and was also missing the motherboard trays):

The trays:

A 20-gpu rack of R9 Nitro 380's:

Everything is neat and tidy:

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 10:57:01 PM

Nice farm. Glad to see one starting up NOT in China. And your electric rates are fantastic. If you can get it under .03, that is less than China except when government gives their friends deals. You should be highly profitable as long as btc price holds up and succeeds. But you gotta show us the S9s in action!

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

SaBit

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:15:22 AM

Thank you for Sharing the pics with us! That is Serious Iron there.

The Attention to detail is really great. Some serious capital investment, I hope it pays of big for you.

Please keep sharing pics - seeing setups like this gives small miners like me inspiration
secup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 03:08:43 AM

As a Canadian it's nice to see this!! Just created my first account for your post. Do you have your own website?

Part of our corporate structure are not completed yet, so unfortunately, we are not disclosing our website, but as soon as we ready, we will update with our projects etc ..

welcome on the board however Smiley
secup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 04:09:46 PM

great pictures!  Can you say which province?

We are located in the Quebec province. Thx to hydro electricity and proper deals, it makes us competitive with China.
secup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 10:43:29 PM

Thx for the comments, we are going to expand very soon, we will put on some videos etc ..
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:57:41 AM

That's a really clean setup. Hope to be able to visit one day. Great job!  Grin

Im in Montreal if you pass one day we could go get a beer.

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
secup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 08:48:19 PM

That's a really clean setup. Hope to be able to visit one day. Great job!  Grin

Im in Montreal if you pass one day we could go get a beer.

Sure thing. We could even deal some stuff OTC if u need, conditional to a face to face meeting. In fact, we looking at building a network of serious ppl around our stuff.
louiseth1
Legendary

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 07:39:29 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 01:02:04 AM by frodocooper

Hi guys!

Since we last posted we have scaled up our setup a bit. After deploying a couple thousand GPUs we've also added some S9's. More are ordered and we'll get them soon to reach 16 PH/s.

At the request of Secup here are some pictures of our latest updates:

A new 25KV transformer being installed:

1.2MW sub-distribution panel with 3x 450KVA transformers:

Some more S9's with their 450KVA transformer:

"Inside the matrix":

-----

And quick glimpse at our GPU deployment:

-----

We plan to keep on scaling our farms to reach well above 20MW.
For those who wondered about ROI, we have exceeded our predefined targets and everything is doing well Smiley

VentMine

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:59:10 PM

Awesome, really great progress too. Glad to see mining is growing in Quebec and Labrador. Hope to see it expand all over Canada.

I understand if this is not something you want to disclose, but I'm curious what the Capital cost / Watt is to build these mines? I'm considering building out a farm (don't have as low power cost as you  Sad ) and I would like to see if my capital budget / Watt is comparable.

Cheers

1ESSdoVYKm8sNtYMfdkFBajhAe2e6G8keH
secup (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 05:49:59 PM

Awesome, really great progress too. Glad to see mining is growing in Quebec and Labrador. Hope to see it expand all over Canada.

I understand if this is not something you want to disclose, but I'm curious what the Capital cost / Watt is to build these mines? I'm considering building out a farm (don't have as low power cost as you  Sad ) and I would like to see if my capital budget / Watt is comparable.

Cheers

Hi there,

We are talking million(s) plus u have to buy a building big enough, have the electricity capacity near by, u sometimes have to upgrade the transformers, plus the electricity company want upfront 2 months of security depost (around 150k usd) upfront.

U must pay the construction ppl to build a correct air flow system cause u cannot use A/C.

We are talking 5-10 MegaWatts here, expension up to 20 MegaWatts, only problem is the power company company dont work fast enough (it is state owned).

Also , u have to find electricians that can deal with thoses capacity, it is not the average electrician dude.

And in the end , u need some slaves to put up all theses gpu units and u need a sh1t load of zip tie lol and u need staff to secure the facility and a bunch of other people to get and power cycle miners when they get stuck.

It is a cool experience however, and if u feel like, u take out hashcat and u can crack anyone wifi password very fast (but that is another subject).

VentMine

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:29:43 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 01:02:39 AM by frodocooper

Fair enough haha. Yes I know its a ton of work, and expensive, i'll take it from this reply that you are not going to disclose the Captial $ / Watt. No problem. On my end I won't be building a multi-megawatt farm, more like a few hundred kW at most. I'm just trying to see if my expected Captial $ / Watt is comparable to these large mining farms. I already know that I will have to have $0.03-0.05 USD / kW-h to keep my operating cost competitive.

I'm not quite following your point about the hashcat!? But I looked it up, seems pretty cool... hopefully people aren't trying to hack your system.

1ESSdoVYKm8sNtYMfdkFBajhAe2e6G8keH
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:20:40 AM

That's legit... wish I had the money to fund a mine that large.

I'll have to settle with planning my little 350TH/s mining operation which will look like a small raft next to your cruise ship, lol! Tongue
secup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 03:19:47 AM

Thanks guys for all the nice words.

We are definitely trying to place Canada as a big player. We are going to keep you guys posted, a new mining pool might come out soon Wink
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:58:07 PM

Look at the pictures I have to say that is VERY impressive and aesthetic cable management, good job with that. I've seen some mines where it is just full of full-on retardation for managing cables. The power supplies(?) also look pretty hefty, what are those rated to? Must be massive outputs to power all of those mining pods.

Always good to see some mining coming from the great white north too. Feels like we have influence in something instead of being a pushover (or completely absent) in everything.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:59:08 AM

It is amazing set up the one you did. I wonder If it is still up and working, have you updated your ASICs or you want them to run until they consume themselves?

I know people in Canada who are looking forward to set mining rigs at their home so I ask you, what is the position of the government to mining at home and industrial level?

You have to pay and extra tax or just pay for the electricity consumed?

peace
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: