Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:00:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIRST Feature-length Documentary on Bitcoin, 100% BITCOIN FUNDED!  (Read 26316 times)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:48:49 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 02:26:40 AM by Spekulatius

bitcointhedocumentary.org

I am proud to announce the first feature-length documentary that will focus entirely on BITCOIN!

Along side captivating interviews from celebrities and experts around the Bitcoin scene from all around the globe, external experts from the fields of law, politics or science will also talk about Bitcoin and what it could mean for society, economy and the World! The only thing we need right now are Donations! Wink

Its gonna be the first Bitcoin Documentary and it will be 100% Bitcoin funded! All donations will come from supporters and sponsors in the form of Bitcoin.
We are in the talks with a major supplier of BTC chargable debit cards, that will enable us to spend ALL neccessary expenses that CANNOT be spent in BTC, WITH BTC! Instead of paying with EUR or USD, we can just top up our account with donations in the form of Bitcoin and say: "Hey, you dont take Bitcoin? Here, take my Debit card instead. Its a Bitcoin card!"

On top of that, this project aims to be as open and transparent as possible. Everyone that has a good idea for an interview or how to make the movie/site/planning better is encouraged to take part! We will account for all the expenses in our blog, post current pictures and videos from the sets and turn this whole movie into a full fledged crowd funded, crowd sourced project of the Bitcoin Community!

First interviews have already been arranged with the owners of Bitcoin.de, Germany's largest Bitcoin exchange as well as privacy experts Frank Braun and Jonathan Logan from shadowlife.cc and conducted with Trace Mayer, among others. We are in the talks with many more parties and also focus on Experts opposed to Bitcoin, because no good movie goes without good a conflict!

Please visit our website and let us know what you think!
>>> bitcointhedocumentary.org <<<
Visit our facebook page to stay uptodate on all the news!

Current Balance:

Donated to date:

1MuNPrfNMho5UP9312m3idzauwaCi57fLe
Pls visit our site for non-anonymous donations (Gifts'n'stuff)

P.S.: Also check out the awesome Donor Gifts in the Donation Section!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:02:53 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 02:24:04 AM by Spekulatius

This thread will also serve as a platform for exchange of ideas, as long as our own forum over at bitcointhedocumentary.org is not up and running yet (coming in the next days!).

About us:

I'm a Student of "Applied Media Science" at the Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany. My course of studies consists of theoretical elements of film (and other media) production, as well as practical ones. I have taken part in several film projects during my 3 years there on set and in the Marketing Department of a larger production.

My team consists of 4 students, doing their Master's Degree in "Media Technics", all have prior experience in practical film production and theoretical knowledge.

Our campus is equipped with the most up to date devices and infrastructure neccessary for recording and editing movies. All of witch are available to us. Different film projects are currently being developed there which an able community of young film makers, that can contribute to this project if need arises.

So we got the Know How, the Equipment and the Support to make this documentary reality. The only thing missing is MONEY!

To stay with the spirit of the Bitcoin project, I decided to raise funds exclusively with Bitcoin from the community that it comes from in the most transparent and open way possible instead of asking private or governmental film promotion funds to give me the money under some restrictive licenses.

How much money do we need?

To make this movie as awesome as it can get, we need to collect about 10.000 EUR or 13.000 USD in BTC. With this money we can traveler to conferences, developers, entrepreneurs and miners all over the world! If we get less then that, the movie will still be cool, but not as many interesting people and places will be in it, so yeah, if this documentation shall reflect the international concentrated power of the Bitcoin project, we need to raise those funds!

Ask me anything!

1. Question: Who would you like to see on the Docu?

Some Silk Road Dealer, the BIGGEST mining farms from within or Kim Dotcom?

Please make some suggestions!

Nominations so far:

Gavin Andresen
Ashton Kutcher
Alan Reiner (Armory developer)
Ben Bernanke
Pirateat40
Satoshi Nakamoto

Assignments:

General advice:

Pls use best equipment available. Anything below 720i is not so likely to be included. If you have to, make sure the material is good;)
Low resolution should only be considered if intended for some effect (e.g. surveillance camera, media res, etc.)
Also try not to shake too much while holding your device, use tripods if available or look for other structures to support your camera. Its always easier to film and turn away from the sun or other sources of light, then to turn towards it. If sound is recorded, pls make sure its clear of too much background noise, wind, or else and relevant things can be understood well. Use external microphones if available. No loss in recorded data can be brought back in post production. If resolution is bad, we cant "turn it up" afterwards, if you are too loud or too silent, your recording device won't pick it all up and lossy compression methods (see: wikipedia) should be avoided as well. Pls try to provide us with the best quality possible.

- LIVE TRANSACTION (open for public, receiving submissions)

Make a live Bitcoin transaction with someone far, far away! Take footage on both ends of the deal and also some impressions of the area [e.g. a pan across the skyline of the town you are in, a time-lapse cruise through your area from a subway or car window (can also be turned into time lapse from real time footage in post production) or from the top of some world famous monument)]!
Post links below! Thread will be updated with submissions.
Best ones will be picked and have a high chance to be put into final movie!

- SPANISH INTERVIEW TRANSLATION (currently being worked on by Jaques, please post if interested)

We need one or two translators of the interview shot with a 62 years old Bitcoin aficionado in Argentina. The footage has not yet been released and will remain secret till the making of is being released. To avoid leaking this super secret interview only one or two trusted individuals with great Spanish skills will be entrusted to translate and subtitle to whole interview (ca. 20 minutes). Successful candidates will also receive other benefits, as their contribution will be valued equal to a 5 BTC donation to the project (see donation page for list of privileges).

- LEGAL ADVICE (open for public, please post in comments)

Please answer all questions in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170854.0

There are a couple of legal questions that come with this project. I would like to ask you to help us out if you have any fact based knowledge. We cant afford to consult a lawyer for that and our legal department at uni is completely over worked, so pls help us out!
When you try to answer these questions pls refer to them by citing the corresponding number and use articles of law whenever possible.

1 Under what license should we publish our movie?
  • I. It shall be the most open license possible. Our team and all contributors basically waive their rights to the material (except being the creators of the content of course), so others can freely aquire, edit, sell, broadcast, screen, possess and do whatever they want with it at no cost to them.
  • II. Some licenses to look at: Creative Commons, Copyfree, CC0, WhatTheFuckyouwanttoPublicLicense
  • III. We have to make sure all sound tracks, video clips, art work or else contributed by supporters is also allowed to be treated under the same conditions as the work of our team. So absolutely no one can come in afterwards and claim royalties or legally prohibit the distribution of our movie in any jurisdiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_content
http://www.wtfpl.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/wtfpl-strip.jpg

2 WHO has to sign a waiver of rights and WHAT has to be in it? Can anyone provide blanks?
  • I. So far we gave a waiver to all people interviewed on camera, our team gets one, our supervisor at uni will get one and all people identifiable in miscellaneous shots, not part of a larger group were asked whether we can use their picture whith their consent on camera.

3 We would like to use stock footage of different TV channels and other resources (anyone remember that Good Wife episode;)?) To use it in our open domain-like licensed movie will be difficult. Any ideas? Practice experience, work arounds? Please provide legal facts if you can!

4 Filming permits are to be aquired under different conditions everywhere. In most cases we make sure to either have them or to not be classified as a professional film crew under the specific conditions lined out for the locations in question. Lets say it turns out we were not allowed to film somewhere so after the movie is published some public servant stands up and demands additional payment, should we be concerned?

5 Under what jurisdiction should we put our movie (if any)? After all it will be filmed in many different countries and there are different (copyright) laws in every one of those.

- SENT US SATOSHI NAKAMOTO! (open for public, receiving submissions)

We will talk about Bitcoin's mysterious creator and maybe visit some of his early peers to tell his story (or what we know about it). For that, we'll need a lot of cut away footage from him. If you have any ideas on how to portait him take a camera and start to film!

We need footage of him basically being himself in any way you see him: sitting in a sushi bar, using the subway, sitting in front of his screen, devicing Bitcoin, being a NSA spy, earning a shit ton of money,..

Any scenes that you can imagine we can use. In this case its not even important to record superb sound because we will most likely lay music over it or to use a good camera because those "memories" will fall out of the standard look of the movie anyway.

This is your chance to make yourself an idol of Satoshi Cyber Christ™. Please post or send us your ideas and footage and we can put you in the credits for ever lasting fame!

0.1_BTCAleš Janda (First Non-Anonymous Donation)
1.0_BTCTechnomage
1.5123319_BTCLocalBitcoins.com
2.0_BTCallkindsofshit
10.0_BTCBitcoin.de
10.0_BTCMike Gogulski (app.bitlaundry.com, bitcoinlaundry.com)
1.0_BTCmolecular
13.9645423_BTCBitcoin 100
1.75_BTCChristopher J. Decker
veteranBtc

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:17:56 PM

Can't wait to see this

grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:23:22 PM

This will have the same problem as The Pirate Bay Away From Keyboard. It's such a contemporary and on-going topic that the ending will probably suck and be outdated by the time it is released.

Don't use BIPS!
Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:29:00 PM

You should think about releasing a series of short documentaries or films instead of a long format one.

Then you can concentrate on one individual or project at a time.

Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:37:16 PM

This will have the same problem as The Pirate Bay Away From Keyboard. It's such a contemporary and on-going topic that the ending will probably suck and be outdated by the time it is released.

Its true, there are lots of things going on right now. But you have to start somewhere!
If this project succeeds I believe more docus in this field can be made, providing more recent information.
But because our plan is already set, the main part of interviews will be done till June and everything will be fully produced and packaged by October, the delay between Information and premiere won't be too big.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:42:12 PM

You should think about releasing a series of short documentaries or films instead of a long format one.

Great idea! Thats why we release all parts of our docu completely free-to-use, even the unpublished ones!
This way the many creative members of the Bitcoin community can remix, add and distribute their very own versions of it, adding their original material and creating more movie's and clips every time. This project could be seen as a seed to grow many of its kind with the material and network it provides.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 11:25:07 PM

Zappa di bibbedi boo!

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
ryanAC

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 07:53:56 PM

Great idea! Thats why we release all parts of our docu completely free-to-use, even the unpublished ones!
This way the many creative members of the Bitcoin community can remix, add and distribute their very own versions of it, adding their original material and creating more movie's and clips every time. This project could be seen as a seed to grow many of its kind with the material and network it provides.

Making the footage available for others to remix/reuse would be great! 
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:07:35 PM

Update: Question of the Week: Who would you like to see on the Docu?

Pls post here or in the comment section over at:
http://bitcointhedocumentary.org/?p=476
deejay

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:09:19 PM

Get Ashton Kutcher, and ask him if Hollywood would be interested to do a movie on bitcoin

Maciek

Activity: 254

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Is there Facebook and Twitter for that so I could like/follow? Smiley
flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:15:12 PM

Uh, I guess it's a cool idea but I wouldn't expect it to get anywhere. You can only say "send money to someone on the internet for free instantly" so many times. It would also be nice if the speakers in the video didn't have the obnoxious accents, their English is poor.

There is already a bitcoin debit card, it's been out for a while now and it is by Mastercard......

You don't really need donations, manual labor is free.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:19:57 PM

is it on youtube?
jcpham

Activity: 165

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:26:21 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 08:48:09 PM by jcpham

Fade in, it's raining.
A young man is awakened by an alert in the middle of the night on his ipad9. He opens the alert finding the attached letter sent from his father, a decade ago in the past.
Prologue: http://jcph.am/2013/03/08/a-letter-to-my-son/
And so the story begins...
Cue title music.
Change timeline. back to 2008, pan in, we meet Satoshi Nakamoto he's pening the finishing touches on http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg09959.html
He presses enter.
A whirlwhind of development. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OztVYTS_Ei8
Blah blah.
bitcoin.
24 months+ of wild market stories.
Now we're here in 2013. Now what?

a documentary tbh to me sounds boring but I applaud the concept. Stories woven with fact into film make better entertainment.

Kutcher is a good contact to make, based on his BitPay investment exposure.

Edit: I'm sort of just throwing ideas & these things do not necessarily go together, but i think the target should be just as much truthiness as actual truth in a documentary sense. I've been awake for a long time. I really like the idea.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

Is there Facebook and Twitter for that so I could like/follow? Smiley

Facebook page is in the making. Is there some plugin for wordpress I could use to automatically twitter my latest posts etc.?
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:52:34 PM

You can only say "send money to someone on the internet for free instantly" so many times.
We will say much more then that I can assure you Wink
Btw, its not us talking in the movie, we only made the teaser to introduce ourselves. The people in the docu will be all different!

It would also be nice if the speakers in the video didn't have the obnoxious accents, their English is poor.

Roll Eyes Yeah sorry about that Embarrassed.
As I said, you wont hear us anymore, because the final movie will be shot BY us but not WITH us.
We open the stage many other interesting people.

There is already a bitcoin debit card, it's been out for a while now and it is by Mastercard......
I know, we are in the talks with a couple of them. Which one would you suggest?
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:09:08 PM

is it on youtube?

yep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Le5jmJYIY
alir

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:55:19 PM

You seem to be getting ahead of yourself. Bitcoin is still very young and it won't make any sense to do a documentary at this point.
Uglux

Activity: 222

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 11:26:28 PM

I think you are mistaken. Maybe their documentary helps to "mature" Bitcoin.
Saying "don't make a film, because the thing, you want to make film about, is young" makes no sense.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: