Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning Polish and Mobile Phone Apps.  (Read 349 times)
DoctorG (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 500

Which Doctor?

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 11:43:06 AM

Hi all,

Back in the day, a long time ago when I was at school. I studied my own language (English) and did French for 3 years and German for 4 years.
Needless to say, as a typical Englishman, I couldn't (and still cant) speak my own language properly.
Aside from learning to count to ten in English and German, and being able to ask for a cup of tea (!) and some biscuits... I cant remember anything.

I always remember my French teacher telling me that once they built the Channel Tunnel the UK would be flooded with Germans and French.
Not bloody likely, why the hell would they want to come here? For Fish and Chips?

I didn't get on with my teachers anyway, my French and German teachers (like my maths teacher) were horrible people.
Schooling of the 70's and 80's was very different. We had ears pulled, board dusters thrown at us and it wasn't unknown to get a slap across the backside or the back of the head. The punishment for smoking cigarettes involved the head teacher shouting at you while stabbing at your ribs with bony fingers.

Anyway, many decades later I have decided to learn a language that would be useful in the UK. Something to pass the time on the train.

I have decided to learn Polish. Everyone seems to be Polish nowadays. I hear its as cool as it was to be Irish in the 90's.

Ive paid for a 1 month subscription to Babbel and downloaded the Polish Language App on my phone.

After two hours of saying Welcome, thankyou and "I have a head cold" (While swearing at the Voice recognition - either its crap or Im not vocalising the words properly)
I am about ready to give up.

I am thinking its time to maybe take a class in speaking Polish. Has anyone on here learned Polish? Any suggestions?

Id also like to know why everyone in the world seems to be able to learn English easily while we can hardly speak properly to begin with.

Is the English language really that easy to learn?

If polish is really so hard to learn?

Answers on the back of a postcard please!

G
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: