Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP Please - blkindex.dat corrupt QT will not start  (Read 510 times)
bobbyboy (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:07:48 AM

Hi All,
Is there someone on here that can help me?

When trying to start up my Bitcoin-QT version 0.7.2, as it starts to load it comes up with 'error loading blkindex.dat' I press ok and the program closes down.

From looking at other posts on here it looks like I have to reload the entire client again. It took 6 days to download last time and would prefer not to again.

Am I able to download the new 0.8 client and move the wallet.dat file?
Or can I take my wallet.dat file and use it on another lightweight client to access my coins? if so which one?

Also, how am I able to get my 'private key'?

Many thanks in advance

Bobby
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:13:13 AM

Yes, you could just move your wallet file to a 0.8 version, but you'd still have to download the blockchain again (it will probably be faster on 0.8, but I've no idea how fast that might be).

You could also import your wallet.dat file to the blockchain.info eWallet-service here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet
and then just send your coins from that eWallet to any lighweight-client you like.
gILisH

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:13:55 AM

Yes to all.
You can use your wallet.dat ( if it's not outcropped ) with any client.
For quick verification that everything is fine I would suggest using
https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet
this way you could import you wallet and open an online one without downloading the whole block chain.

good luck Smiley

bobbyboy (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:15:21 AM

Thanks for your help guys, I'll give it a try
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: