Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:54:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Betcoin Issue  (Read 1092 times)
paulb787 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:21:15 PM

I have really enjoyed betcoin. It has been great until recently. Be careful!!

I went over to my fathers house who is also getting into bitcoin. I logged into my betcoin account from his computer and played 3 or 4 sit and go

tournaments. I broke even and went through the withdraw process. After I logged out he wanted to create an account. So he did. He played one three dollar tournament and lost. The next day I

noticed that my withdraw (100 dollars worth) had not been processed. My father called and said his account was suspended. I have tried to explain to betcoin what happened but they have been nothing but rude over

there live chat. It has been over 35 hours and no withdrawal or answers to my ticket! Live chat says my bitcoin could be taken! WTF!!

I understand the security and why this happened, but it has been impossible to clear up.

We were never signed on together at the same time nor did we play any poker games together. There rules state 1 account per household. We live in separate households. It does not help that there

customer service is rude and threatens you with stealing your bitcoin. Just don't know what to do.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:24:33 PM

Do you have any Reply from them what happened? Is it because the same IP adress logged into two accounts? Thanks for your warning.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀

The Avatars: (Pick one)
paulb787 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:41:08 PM

Lol, they just replied with:

Withdrawals sent and account open. We are working hard to combat collusion and abuse and this may cause an inconvenience at times. Good luck!

So they fixed everything. It is solved
wakhidNkcom

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Nkcom Collection Shop

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:42:48 PM

Withdrawals sent and account open. We are working hard to combat collusion and abuse and this may cause an inconvenience at times. Good luck!

good hear. fix problem good site for users. congrats
Mauser

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:54:09 PM

Lol that was a quick fix =) Good hear to hear everything turned out well.

Do you recommend the site now?

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████

Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:03:24 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 10:26:46 PM by Junko

Well in betcoin's defense, from the story you told, there were a couple of red flags that had to have arisen for betcoin's security team. One, your account was logged into from a different IP address as well as a different computer (I'm guessing your ip address is different from that of your father's) and two, a withdrawal was initiated from that different address and computer - at least, according to your story.

How is betcoin supposed to know it is you and not someone else who has somehow stolen your account info, including your password without you telling them beforehand? Until you contacted support, they have no way of verifying that it was you.

I'm kind of glad betcoin takes this kind of vigilant action as opposed to just letting whatever shady shit occur without taking special measures. What if the situation was one where someone actually did steal your account info and password from some other ip address. I bet you'd be glad betcoin froze the account and prevented thieves from taking your money.

It seems to me, they were trying to err on the side of protecting your account and your money.

As far as your claim of support staff being rude, well, I can't really speak to that. YMMV, I guess.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:06:55 PM

Great that your problem is solve.. why some gambling site if we don't take action and we don't post here in forum they can't action to fix the issue?
I they don't want to lose their reputation..
But sometimes we are wrong.. but according to the law costumers is always right..
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:03:45 PM

This is actually a great feature for a site to have and it's a good line of defense against abusers and colluders.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:17:36 PM

This is actually a great feature for a site to have and it's a good line of defense against abusers and colluders.

A pretty basic line of defense. Still a huge problem in these online poker rooms. Can't stop the VPNs.
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:57:48 AM

A pretty basic line of defense. Still a huge problem in these online poker rooms. Can't stop the VPNs.

Indeed, but having an open forum and chat room does dissuade that kind of behavior because players and lurkers can easily call someone out.  In the past, a lot of times it was the players that noticed irregularities in the case of several online poker room. 
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:24:11 AM

Great that your problem is solve.. why some gambling site if we don't take action and we don't post here in forum they can't action to fix the issue?
I they don't want to lose their reputation..
But sometimes we are wrong.. but according to the law costumers is always right..

Its because they dont know that problem is exist and for that to be notice they really need players to report some problem so they can fix the issue easily and why they fix it when posted here is because their main thread is here and the inquiry of people about their site is here thats why they can fix if some issue occur is because they see it posting here,maybe they want to clean their reputation because it is bad for business if problem really dont fix for the day passes.

BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:54:22 AM

As far as I know when you withdraw from Betcoin.ag as I am guessing this is the website you are talking and not the scam one betcoin.tm , when you make a withdraw there they sent you an email link to confirm your withdrawal , so unless the hacker have stole everything from you , like betcoin account , email account and everything , it would be best than when a confirmation link is clicked no matter from what IP it means it should be allowed for faster withdrawal. Don't get me wrong I am pro fighting abusers , but nowadays almost any email service offers 2FA like Gmail with google authenticator. So that should be no problem in the end. But anyway I also am pro for better being safe rather than sorry.
Mauser

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 06:02:32 AM

As far as I know when you withdraw from Betcoin.ag as I am guessing this is the website you are talking and not the scam one betcoin.tm , when you make a withdraw there they sent you an email link to confirm your withdrawal , so unless the hacker have stole everything from you , like betcoin account , email account and everything , it would be best than when a confirmation link is clicked no matter from what IP it means it should be allowed for faster withdrawal. Don't get me wrong I am pro fighting abusers , but nowadays almost any email service offers 2FA like Gmail with google authenticator. So that should be no problem in the end. But anyway I also am pro for better being safe rather than sorry.

oh I signed up at the .tm site as well.

Thanks for letting me know its a scam.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████

paulb787 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:27:13 PM

I am glad it was resolved and understand the security. Scary though
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:42:59 PM

I am glad it was resolved and understand the security. Scary though

Keep the initial rudeness in perspective too: hackers and thieves do call and impersonate the victim in order to expedite or facilitate their withdrawal theft. Your account was momentarily flagged, and at that point the customer service people shouldn't take at face value it is you until they know for certain that indeed it is you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: