Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legit Avalon Batch #2 Order?  (Read 1271 times)
mgio (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:20:08 PM

Sorry to bother everyone again but it seems like there are so many fraudulent Avalon miner sales out there.

For those of you who have ordered an Avalon miner, does this order receipt look legit? (3 images):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/miner1.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/miner2.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/miner3.jpg/

One thing that seems odd is the Order Status page has a '$' instead of a bitcoin symbol. I'm not sure if that is normal or not.

Thanks so much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:34:22 PM

Since that you have the transactions (last image, the qr code), you can try to contact wallet bit yourself to check if the transaction matches with the destination address of the first image.

If they do, and you can prove that your seller actually lives there, that's a start.

The best thing you can do is asking the seller to show you the account on Avalon store from his PC, you should use vnc/rdp to view his desktop in real time (double check his host file/ping to the Avalon store server).

Why don't you just wait for batch 2 to ship or use John K as escrow?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:38:59 PM

Since that you have the transactions (last image, the qr code), you can try to contact wallet bit yourself to check if the transaction matches with the destination address of the first image.

If they do, and you can prove that your seller actually lives there, that's a start.

The best thing you can do is asking the seller to show you the account on Avalon store from his PC, you should use vnc/rdp to view his desktop in real time (double check his host file/ping to the Avalon store server).

Why don't you just wait for batch 2 to ship or use John K as escrow?

All good ideas. Thanks.

I doubt wallet bit would give out that kind of personal information about it's customers.

The VNC idea is really good although I don't have much time to set that up with him (there is a time limit on the second chance).

It's actually an ebay auction that I have a "second chance" on for a pretty reasonable price. If I pay with paypal and use my credit card, I should be protected by ebays buy protection, paypals protection, and my own credit card. If that doesn't work out, I would ask him to use bitcoins and John K as escrow.
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:50:18 PM

Hmm, seems like paypal doesn't allow transactions more than $10k. How do people buy expensive items on ebay??
koob

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:03:56 PM

You should hide billing information in first image.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:15:02 PM

Yo dude, I was watching that auction for shits and giggles. Finished somewhere up $27k. He apparently has 4 ordered right, but decided to sell two? I've seen that same listing worded on multiple occasions these last couple of months. I was finding it odd he either had problems selling or had more to sell. Also the previous listings are not showing on his account.

And you are right, you cannot pay above US $10k Paypal. So he's offered you a second chance? What if he's already had a wire transfer or bitcoins from the original winner? So he's multiplying his scam along the list of interested parties. As if the winner hasn't been ale to pay by PayPal, which you know he can't as far as eBay is concerned he's a non payer and you can make second chance offers.

Be verrrrrry careful!

For that kind of money, pick up and pay in person.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:49:56 AM

Yo dude, I was watching that auction for shits and giggles. Finished somewhere up $27k. He apparently has 4 ordered right, but decided to sell two? I've seen that same listing worded on multiple occasions these last couple of months. I was finding it odd he either had problems selling or had more to sell. Also the previous listings are not showing on his account.

And you are right, you cannot pay above US $10k Paypal. So he's offered you a second chance? What if he's already had a wire transfer or bitcoins from the original winner? So he's multiplying his scam along the list of interested parties. As if the winner hasn't been ale to pay by PayPal, which you know he can't as far as eBay is concerned he's a non payer and you can make second chance offers.

Be verrrrrry careful!

For that kind of money, pick up and pay in person.

I got the second chance offer because he had multiple miners he was selling. The winner got the first, and apparently I got the second. Seems suspicious to me as I don't think I was even in second place.
The second chance offer came immediately when the auction ended so it definitely wasn't due to non-payment of anyone.

I would pick it up in person, but it is located in Israel, so well, that's not gonna happen.

I haven't heard from him regarding alternate payment methods, so I'm going to assume it's a scam for now.
inbox

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:58:56 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 01:41:23 PM by inbox

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: