Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:46:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:18:38 AM

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

Most of the pople don't care about the tech behind the bitcoin, they just want to hear the right stuff and also, the lack of ways to use bitcoin or exchange it to fiat (I couldn't find any exhange websites that doesn't take sky high fees so I'm stuck with selling btc here).

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:47:57 AM

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

Most of the pople don't care about the tech behind the bitcoin, they just want to hear the right stuff and also, the lack of ways to use bitcoin or exchange it to fiat (I couldn't find any exhange websites that doesn't take sky high fees so I'm stuck with selling btc here).

Well the lack of knowledge about the trend of the technology today especially in bitcoin is one that makes the people stops from using from bicoin.
But I don't think that is not going to be a tough reason for stopping the people from using bitcoin. I hope this is going to be fixed in the future.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:01:02 AM

The bitcoin transaction confirmation is too slow at the moment. I would prefer the litecoin or Ethereum.
Lol i think it would not make the user be stopped using bitcoin. I think it is not a very big problem for users. Because the problem of the length of time confirmation can still be tolerated and you will not be disadvantaged because of it? I do not think anyone would stop using bticoin for that reason ? IMO
zodin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:44:31 AM

Well the lack of knowledge about the trend of the technology today especially in bitcoin is one that makes the people stops from using from bicoin.
But I don't think that is not going to be a tough reason for stopping the people from using bitcoin. I hope this is going to be fixed in the future.
yes it is also right but the uncertainty and fluctuation of bitcoin price is really effecting the price of bitcoin, like in current time the rate of down fall in just 2 or 3 days is too high, that compel people not to use bitcoin,  if the price of bitcoin become stable and there is no such a huge flexibality in the price of bitcoin then people will have full faith on bitcoin and they will certainly use in their daily life just like fiat currency.
utkarshm

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:54:31 AM

The bitcoin transaction confirmation is too slow at the moment. I would prefer the litecoin or Ethereum.
Lol i think it would not make the user be stopped using bitcoin. I think it is not a very big problem for users. Because the problem of the length of time confirmation can still be tolerated and you will not be disadvantaged because of it? I do not think anyone would stop using bticoin for that reason ? IMO
Yes thats just a small problem which happens only sometimes and if we always pay the recommended fee then that problem also not exist.
yes right this not a valid reason to stop using bitcoins.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:33:29 AM

some country are not accepting bitcoin and bitcoins are illegal in their country this is one of the sadest part where you can't earn bitcoins for free and also they can't mine because they goverment hates this currency what if their president using bitcoin and change everything into bitcoin currency probably people in their country who don't know what bitcoin will be the famous currency Cheesy
Well, in many countries where the bitcoins are not so popular or say banned, still people are using it.
Gambling is banned in India for example but 90% of Indians gamble, either professionally or friendly. So, that banned is just a lame excuse if anyone tells that as a reason for not using bitcoins.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:41:51 AM

first case is why people stay away from crypto
the main reason is that, people don't understand it first time, once they do , they realize it's worth it.
by the way the huge bumps in price of bitcoin is also a reason people go away from it, u wont want it to get half its value next day u wake up! i don't think so,
another case is why people stay away from btc and choose other coins..
main reason i saw in this case was confirmation time. people don't want to wait for hours to get there btc transaction confirmed, sometimes it takes a lot of time, while in other crypto (DOGE/LTC/ETH) they are very fast, so people stay in these coins.

i hope this answer was correct, it was just my point of view
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164]
  Print  

Jump to: