Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186361 times)
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:34:07 AM

Well sometime ago i havent believe it would be possible to bitcoin to loose its power, but the last days the split that might happen, will damage a lot bitcoin, and we do saw the market is looking for another options to keep and protect their money.

Price is recovering again and its started to regain its position so I don't think that there will be any big issue related to the future of bitcoins as it will continue to survive even in near future as people are showing faith in bitcoins by putting their money into it so I don't think that people are looking for any other option.
It's good to see the price is rising while ETH and DASH who might replace bitcoin in the future is now down, it has a different results actually and this is fun because if you are smart enough you will be able to take advantage on the price swing and make money in a short period of time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:20:02 AM

High Fees, Slow transaction, no user security implemented (anon transaction). There is alt-coin that are ready to scale faster and bigger than BTC right now due to political fight between parties.

High fees - I agree that this is somewhat of a *temporary* negative aspect, but that's something we can't do anything about as long as there is no scaling solution.

Slow transactions - Transactions are near instant, so I assume you are referring to confirmations. We have to deal with the situation and include a proper fee according to how the network situation is. Higher fee is faster general confirmations, lower fee means slower general confirmations. It's all up to the people.

Anon feature - Bitcoin was never meant to provide a full anon experience. In this case it's again up to the people - If you are about to send transactions where you want a certain level of anonymity, you should run your coins through a mixer, or just for this purpose use one of the altcoins that offer such features. Very simple.

No one forces you to stick with Bitcoin, if you think Bitcoin has become obsolete, you are free to make use of any altcoin you deem worthy of being used.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:43:03 AM

I'll make sure it is very likely, today many coins that strives to be the best, and I'm sure one day the big companies such as microsoft, google, yahoo and so on will make coins that could replace the bitcoin.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Karloff

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:40:31 AM

Well sometime ago i havent believe it would be possible to bitcoin to loose its power, but the last days the split that might happen, will damage a lot bitcoin, and we do saw the market is looking for another options to keep and protect their money.

Price is recovering again and its started to regain its position so I don't think that there will be any big issue related to the future of bitcoins as it will continue to survive even in near future as people are showing faith in bitcoins by putting their money into it so I don't think that people are looking for any other option.
It's good to see the price is rising while ETH and DASH who might replace bitcoin in the future is now down, it has a different results actually and this is fun because if you are smart enough you will be able to take advantage on the price swing and make money in a short period of time.

I agree with you. If you use all these three crypto-currencies, which you told about, you can make good money.
I do not see a single competitor for bitcoin in the next few years
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:19:11 PM

i do not think that any other crypto currency can replace bitcoin. in fact bitcoin is number one online currency and will remain as number one in future also. as not a single other currency can compete with bitcoin.
HEWRA

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:12:34 PM

i do not think that any other crypto currency can replace bitcoin. in fact bitcoin is number one online currency and will remain as number one in future also. as not a single other currency can compete with bitcoin.
I always thought that most of people ( those who are into BTC ) believe that bitcoin will be always the #1 crypto.
But you have to remember that cryptocurrency world is a pretty new phenomenon, we have it since 2008 so many things may change during next 15 years.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:01:27 PM

bitcoin currency will always be the best among other cryptocurrency. Well, you're right, bitcoin has maintained that title for almost 8 years, even bitcoin has the highest price of cryptocurrency. I think it's another cryptocurrency development will encourage the development of bitcoin be better.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
coinsmanager

Activity: 67
Merit: 12

Byteball: highly scalable cryptocurrency platform

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:32:50 PM

In terms of decentralization and stability, I find it very unlikely that another cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin. When it comes to censorship resistant transactions and value storage, Bitcoin will continue to be the best cryptocurrency. But with regard to micro-transactions, it is possible that another currency will gain more adoption, unless Bitcoin also improves in that direction.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:56:14 AM

I think! Maybe Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency but The near future is not!
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:59:46 AM

Monetary rules may change, but in the short times, that can not happen
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:16:02 AM

Hmmm,i think the word "will" would have been better as "can" for now.
the only constant thing is change. There is always space for improvement.
and if there is improvement it is accepted. who ever thought bitcoin will come to replace fiat? and now its growing fast.
although, bitcoin has come in its kind to stand as a cryptocurrency on its own.of a truth, if another cryptocurrency appears with stronger/more convincing features. bitcoin may shift.

Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:19:35 AM

At one point it may happen,cryptos are getting to be more and more advanced and I am sure one day there will be a crypto being able to compete with BTC,and if BTC hasn't been established as a official cryptocurrency in a lot of countries,there's a possibility for it to be replaced,yet it still be a major player in the crypto world

btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:21:20 AM

There are many speculations going around the bitcoin split, but it is not possible right now because bitcoin is slowly regaining where it was in the month of January. Everyone has their feeling when it comes to bitcoin split, but daily many people are buying bitcoin and holding their bitcoin.
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:26:57 AM

It could, im skeptical that it will though. Bitcoin has the best devs and can upgrade if it needs to. Despite everyone attacking eachother over the scaling debate, if things were so bad that bitcoin was going to get taken over, I think something would reach compromise.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
btcwonder1

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 07:57:49 AM

Highly Unlikely. Although several other digital currencies are in the competition - Ethereum being the closest one - there is still a very little chance that it will be dethroned from the top spot anytime soon. The current market cap of Ethereum is $1bn USD while that of Bitcoin is over $10bn USD. The only advantage that Ethereum holds over Bitcoin is that it's capable of performing faster transactions. Where a Bitcoin blockchain performs 3 transactions per second, Ethereum blockchain can perform up to 25. Overall, Bitcoin is there to stay on top for a long long time.

There is always more to learn about Bitcoin at www.btcwonder.com
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:16:05 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
i think bitcoin would not be replace by another cryptocurrency because of its popularity and its features.but if the another currency which would more advance than bitcoin,and having more features than bitcoin could be replace.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:23:45 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
i think bitcoin would not be replace by another cryptocurrency because of its popularity and its features.but if the another currency which would more advance than bitcoin,and having more features than bitcoin could be replace.

I dont think I understand that.
Its like a circle.  Cheesy
But in regards to the OP's question. I dont think it could be just like that.
They are like relying on bitcoin for their own value.
Maybe something which is different could replace it.
We need another genius to be born for it to be discovered and maybe make it popular somehow.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:37:42 AM

I dont think I understand that.
Its like a circle.  Cheesy
But in regards to the OP's question. I dont think it could be just like that.
They are like relying on bitcoin for their own value.
Maybe something which is different could replace it.
We need another genius to be born for it to be discovered and maybe make it popular somehow.
We don't need another genius to be born just to replaced bitcoin because there is a lot of altcoins that is possible to replace bitcoin. We just need a coin with a fast confirmations, secured features like anonymity and also a great support of the community to make it stable in the market, Just those few little things and it can be a threat for bitcoin as a replacement.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:13:11 AM

you know something is going to be replaced, if the goods are already obsolete or less competitive to other products "for example Nokia" is very likely that bitcoin will lose competitiveness right?
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:23:52 AM

This may already have been covered, haven't read all 90 pages Smiley

IMHO, maybe Bitcoin is not replaced, but it will most likely to be complemented when popularity picks up for real.  Meaning that BTC may function as a store of wealth while other coins function better in transactions, others may be more adopted in gaming or apps etc..

Bitcoin alone as it is today cant do all this, its just too slow.. Maybe the upcoming potential hardfork may reveal a faster bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: