Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:46:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186361 times)
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:55:48 AM

Probably Bitcoin won't be replaced by another crypto currency but there might be another one who can go on par with bitcoin. A little possibility that a new altcoin rise in the next few years and competes with bitcoin, if that happens we have two options to where to put our money and early buyers of it will benefit. There's also a ver little possibility that bitcoin will be dethroned.
Of course, replacing bitcoin by another cryptocurrency can not be easily achieved, looking at the feature it has make very difficult to be dethrone because bitcoin was created on selfless motive while most of the cryptocurrency coming into existance now are mainly created to make quick money by the creators. That makes the altcoins incapable of repacing bitcoin.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luke2939

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:59:02 AM

Replacing bitcoin will be a very hard thing to do and I don't think there is a coin that can do it. Because bitcoin has the most amount of support and people using it than any other coin out there. Bitcoin has been the first of it's kind and has been the longest crypto there is for now.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:23:09 PM

Replacing bitcoin will be a very hard thing to do and I don't think there is a coin that can do it. Because bitcoin has the most amount of support and people using it than any other coin out there. Bitcoin has been the first of it's kind and has been the longest crypto there is for now.
there where other things before bitcoin that tried to solve the problem of digital money. bitcoin was a huge step forward, but it is very unlikely that it is the last one. the big community is one reason why it will take a long time to replace it, but since we are talking about money people will switch very fast if they think their money is not safe.

wintermeasures

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:14:09 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
According to me Its Possible Only If a Coin That is More Stable and Legit Arrives in the Crypto Currency Market....
But Now I Don't Think a Coin Like this Will Arrive....
It will Only Happens If All the Bitcoin Users Put Their Money Into Another Coin....
arcanaaerobics

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:14:15 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
According to me Its Possible Only If a Coin That is More Stable and Legit Arrives in the Crypto Currency Market....
It will Only Happens If All the Bitcoin Users Put Their Money Into Another Coin....

Maybe and altcoin can have more contact with "normal" people and transform fiat currencies into this coin, we don't know the future...

And well, now I saw the name of OP(moneroXXXXXX) lol what a advertising  Grin
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:17:55 AM

With the support that bitcoin established since the beginning and still bitcoin fails, I don't ever think that people will put trust again on other cryptos. Yes others will move to other coins but it's not the majority.

It's really annoying if we will start again from the scratch after getting advantages on what bitcoin has been made.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Dwelach

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:49:35 AM

I do not think that this will happen, the bitcoin is way too big and I do not think it can be replaced anymore by another cryptocurrency.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:53:56 AM

I do not think that this will happen, the bitcoin is way too big and I do not think it can be replaced anymore by another cryptocurrency.
you are right. bitcoin is currently the highest existing coins and other coin I think was trying to imitate bitcoin. I think that the day would never arrive, because most of the major investors, investing in bitcoin, and it will make bitcoin prices continue to increase. if there altcoin emerging, and has a high price, then the price of bitcoin will also rise.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
chaser15
Legendary

Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 04:12:53 AM

you are right. bitcoin is currently the highest existing coins and other coin I think was trying to imitate bitcoin. I think that the day would never arrive, because most of the major investors, investing in bitcoin, and it will make bitcoin prices continue to increase. if there altcoin emerging, and has a high price, then the price of bitcoin will also rise.

So much imitation that the only sole purposes is to gain profits out of those investors.

Look at some coins (but not all) only care for the price but doesn't care for the technology unlike in bitcoin that people can benefit even it's used as currency or investment.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:29:19 AM

It would be really something is bitcoin would be taken over by some other crypto currency because bitcoin is at the moment the biggest one.
It would not make much sense if the more little one would take over Bitcoin.
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:55:50 AM

Me too I am strongly believed that bitcoin is not going to be replaced by another crypto currency and how it is going to happen if bitcoin is the mother currency.

And all of the alt coins are depending their value with bitcoin so it is very impossible that bitcoin will be replaced by another alt coin.

People are more familiar already with bitcoin.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 08:45:50 AM

"Another cryptocurrency" your face! I'm not investing to another crypto without seeing the benefits from it.
I don't see any other crypto that can go up to bitcoin's level. Maybe after another decade or something.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:35:43 AM

I do not think that Bitcoin is going to be taken over by a other currency because Bitcoin is the most popular one so it would not make sense.
It would make more sense if Bitcoin took over the other cryptocurrencies.

I do not think that Bitcoin is going to be replaced by a other crypto currency because Bitcoin is the most popular one and the biggest one.
It would be weird that Bitcoin would be taken over by a smaller one.

Agreed, because bitcoin no need to replaced with other crypto currency, now bitcoin has already achieved too many respect and popularity, So why we think that bitcoin would be changed another crypto?
Now in this time, no any other crypto currency has come to comparative with bitcoin. Because it is a clear proof that bitcoin is going very well. But in future, on one know about it.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:06:52 AM

It would be really something is bitcoin would be taken over by some other crypto currency because bitcoin is at the moment the biggest one.
I do not think there could be sure that, in addition to currency bitcoin crypto is the best and the biggest but it is likely to be replaced will probably continue to exist, because the new coin will continue to emerge and may be among them there are coin nicer and potential
Adamsmit556

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 12:32:01 PM

It makes sense to me. I think that when the technology around bitcoin evolves and it takes more part of people's lives then we may see something, example bitcoin 2.0 or an alternative cryptocurrency take more role or even replace it entirely.

mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:41:37 PM

I do not think there could be sure that, in addition to currency bitcoin crypto is the best and the biggest but it is likely to be replaced will probably continue to exist, because the new coin will continue to emerge and may be among them there are coin nicer and potential

Anything is possible in near future and if there is a new coin which holds better and unique features then bitcoin then in it will take no time for people to quit bitcoins and switch to new coin.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:46:16 PM

Anything is possible in near future and if there is a new coin which holds better and unique features then bitcoin then in it will take no time for people to quit bitcoins and switch to new coin.

Highly doubt that, maybe in the next few years IF bitcoin doesn't take over much of the global businesses, then some may consider creating/adapting a new coin to replace bitcoin.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:53:11 PM

anything could happen , so do about this bitcoin could be replaced as the most used cryptocurrency. so far i can see the most threatening altcoin that have a lot of potential like to make bitcoin not popular and people start move to this altcoin. they are ethereum they have one billion market cap while bitcoin have 10 billion market cap , this is possible but the chance itself just a little to happen.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:59:06 PM

anything could happen , so do about this bitcoin could be replaced as the most used cryptocurrency. so far i can see the most threatening altcoin that have a lot of potential like to make bitcoin not popular and people start move to this altcoin. they are ethereum they have one billion market cap while bitcoin have 10 billion market cap , this is possible but the chance itself just a little to happen.

usually when you see around here that people are talking about bitcoin and bitcoin dying, being replaced, ... they are in fact talking about an altcoin they want to advertise and this is the only reason why i always say a big fat no to these kinds of topic and say bitcoin is not going to be replaced by their shitcoin.

Buying the dip...
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:00:06 PM

Highly doubt that, maybe in the next few years IF bitcoin doesn't take over much of the global businesses, then some may consider creating/adapting a new coin to replace bitcoin.

Bitcoin will not be replaced by any cryptocurrency. I believe that bitcoin is the most trustworthy coin and it is hard to make a coin to combat bitcoins. Even there will be coins much more precious than bitcoins but still it will be the standard altcoins. The rising of a new coin is an impossibility that can never happened.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: